Rumor: "Montreal is checking to see what’s out there [for defense]"

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
If we can make that Edmonton trade and trade Bourque for a winger who has center versatility I'd be pleased. Just in case of injuries, that's all.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Were Alex and Nail not line mates during there time in Sarnia?

They might have been for a few games.

Regardless, they are friends plus Yakupov can play with any center. He is talented and creative. He would mesh really well with Galchenyuk.

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
This is though.. He and Galch would be together for 10+ years with the Habs. Outlasting Therrien by a long time.

He would be perfect on a line with Pleks and Galch and in the Future just with Galch.

You don't start grooming 21 years-old players 3 years from now.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
does anyone have a direct source to that TSN 1200 rumour? if they brought it up on their morning show it should be easy enough to find

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
seems like such a random thing to make up LOL, why TSN 1200 out of all the radio stations?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Okay, the TSN 1200 rumor isn't legit. Unless there's an actual link/soundbyte from the segment and not a random ass website using it as a source, let's put it to rest.

HabsChik*

From an Oilers fan and agreed upon by a Habs fan LMAO !:laugh:

View Post
I'd do Eller, Tokarski, Gallagher, 1st for Yakupov, Other then that I think we can find a better trade partner.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Okay, the TSN 1200 rumor isn't legit. Unless there's an actual link/soundbyte from the segment and not a random ass website using it as a source, let's put it to rest.

There doesn't seem to be much behind any rumor that starts with TSN followed by a number on a radio dial...:laugh:
Even when it is legit...

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I am not so sure.

Yakupov has a terrible reputation on this forum.

He might sit out some games but I could see him growing into a complete player with MT.

Who has developed well under Therrien in his time in Montreal.

Eller has regressed
Subban has regressed to be made a better person
Gallagher has stagnated
Emelin looks worse then ever
Tinner is being jerked around despite playing well this year
Beauliue is up and down who should have a year under his belt but Bou Bou and Murray had to play

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
as an oiler fan--about the speculation about you guys getting Yakupov--what was suggested the oilers would get--it is not enough

It never is for the fans who always overvalue their teams players. When someone does end up getting traded for far less than what fans thought they were worth everyone is usually surprised and saying "I thought he was worth way more than that".

I doubt the Oilers would do such a trade for the players "rumored" to be going back for Yak but they also won't get someone like Galchenyuk or Pacioretty some Oiler fans would likely expect back for him either.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It never is for the fans who always overvalue their teams players. When someone does end up getting traded for far less than what fans thought they were worth everyone is usually surprised and saying "I thought he was worth way more than that".

I doubt the Oilers would do such a trade for the players "rumored" to be going back for Yak but they also won't get someone like Galchenyuk or Pacioretty some Oiler fans would likely expect back for him either.

.........................and you guys do not overvalue your players?

Yak was a first overall pick for a reason-- using the logic that is being used Barkov in Florida should also be getting drawn adn quartered like Yak--he isn't because he aint in Edmonton.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

Yak was a first overall pick for a reason-- using the logic that is being used Barkov in Florida should also be getting drawn adn quartered like Yak--he isn't because he aint in Edmonton.

Yakupov looks like a bust to me. He has talent but so what, you need more than that. He hasn't shown me anything other than he can score on occasion. People get too worked up over 1st overall status.

I would be disappointed if they traded Eller and Beaulieu for him.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Thomas Kaberle on a Rangers tryout , let that sink in before speculating on the crumbs that are available for Bergevin.

Sorry, am I being off topic, don't mean to derail the silly trade rumours for Yakupov.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Did I say that? Fans of every NHL team on HF way overvalue their players. I wasn't saying only Oiler fans overvalue their players but it's true that they do and so do fans from every other NHL fanbase on HF and off of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->