OT: Montreal Impact thread: Tha Isolated Market Of MLS... Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
My main take away from yesterday was mostly that LA is just on a different level right now organization wise. Us managing to keep it fairly competitive at times was a pleasant surprise, although I wouldn't say it was remotely close when LA was really pushing. I just hope that the brass took some notes and is starting to realize that we've got some steps to take before we can be a top notch organization too.
That’s shamefully shameful. The MLS expansion teams are far away of the IMFC. The MLS expansion teams are far ahead of the IMFC. On the field. Off the field. Like in all the levels included. We’ve been a soccer’ish team fraud.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
That’s shamefully shameful. The MLS expansion teams are far away of the IMFC. The MLS expansion teams are far ahead of the IMFC. On the field. Off the field. Like in all the levels included. We’ve been a soccer’ish team fraud.

I don't know, Cincinati and Minnesota don't have much that I envy. I like the Allianz stadium and the walk to the stadium in Cincy, but, on the field, m'eh. Same for Orlando.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
How did you not know that? They have the same skull and personality lol

There was a running gag a decade ago when some ppl claimed MB was only in the NT because his dad was his coach and that he had no skills. I bet the same people are eating their words 10 years later.

Before the Impact entered MLS, I couldn't care less about the USNT. I barely followed the Impact either. I watched a CL game here and there but that's it.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
The soccer gods are with us for a second week in a row (stated down here are only eastern teams)

NYRB tie (wednesday)
OSCS loss
ATL loss
Chicago tie against NYCFC
NE tie against DC
Philly loss
Cinny loss
Columbus losing 2-1 at the half

Only NYRB won (their 2nd game of the week)

TFC playing tomorrow

Eastern teams have 1 win, trailing in one live game and one game left tomorrow

Reactions: QuebecPride

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I don't know, Cincinati and Minnesota don't have much that I envy. I like the Allianz stadium and the walk to the stadium in Cincy, but, on the field, m'eh. Same for Orlando.
Look at their players... Like take a deep look...

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Look at their players... Like take a deep look...

I did, not really my types. I like Quintero, but not more than Nacho. I like Alonso, maybe slightly more than Taider. I'd take Klesjtan and Dwyer, but I'm certain Orlando would take a bunch of ours as well (Diallo, Sagna, ZBG, Piette, Piatti, Browne, Taider, Lovitz, Bush, etc.). There are not many players I'd take on Cincy, maybe Adi, but he's a DP so no thanks.

Also...

Crépeau with the moves

Reactions: ArtPeur

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
600k for 2 years, camacho deal...the urruti signing looks like dogshit..1 goal for a striker...starting to seriously doubt Garde...
montreal needs someone to put the f***ing ball in the net. period.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Where did you get that info? I see 600k EU value on transfrmarket, but that's about it. Nothing on the salary I believe.
Destouches confirmed he was a TAM player and Nilton Jorge seems to have gotten info on his salary and Sagna's at the same time. So apparently 600k for Novillo.

There's a possibility that Novillo makes even more than 600k though. We'll see when the PA releases salaries.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The Novillo experiment is disappointing. He hasn't played much, but he's looked out of shape and has already 2-3 bad episodes. No way he deserved that status.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Destouches confirmed he was a TAM player and Nilton Jorge seems to have gotten info on his salary and Sagna's at the same time. So apparently 600k for Novillo.

There's a possibility that Novillo makes even more than 600k though. We'll see when the PA releases salaries.

530K cap hit is his number, the contract includes an option year, but I cannot understand whether the 2nd year is optional or its a 3rd one that is.
L'Impact s'entend avec l'attaquant Harry Novillo

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Pretty sure it's two years + an option year. Where did you get the 530k figure?

Nilton seems to have gotten info and threw out the 600k number.

I read the cap hit column, but that's not indicative as all TAM/DP count for 530K. I believe Nilton got rough info from people in the know, but no exact figure.

Walter Sabatini is apparently the new Technical Director of Bologna and Montréal :dunno::skeptic:

Salazar is having fun in USL

Last edited:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
600k for 2 years, camacho deal...the urruti signing looks like dog****..1 goal for a striker...starting to seriously doubt Garde...
montreal needs someone to put the ****ing ball in the net. period.
In the history of the Major League ever, Montreal Impact got the worst history with bust and busts players. The quantities are higher than I expected. An soccer’ish cemetery.

Homegrown players. North American players. Drafts players. Academies players. DP players. TAM players. International spot players.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
In the history of the Major League ever, Montreal Impact got the worst history with bust and busts players. The quantities are higher than I expected. An soccer’ish cemetery.

Homegrown players. North American players. Drafts players. Academies players. DP players. TAM players. International spot players.

Nah other teams have busts too

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Nah other teams have busts too

We saw one Friday too. André Horta, Portuguese DP for LAFC. Is not even starter material in MLS. He's the one who tried to score from his own half on Bush. Apparently Bradley turned around and shook his head in disproval after that move lol

The thing is, big mistakes hurt less when you have the budget and the willingness to spend on other players. The Impact can't afford to miss, because you just know Joey doesn't want 3 DPs and is not willing to eat part of a contract to loan it elsewhere.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Pretty sure it's two years + an option year. Where did you get the 530k figure?

Nilton seems to have gotten info and threw out the 600k number.

I really look forward to the day the MLS is going to enter the 21th century and stop treating team's finances like the Vatican's freaking secret archives :shakehead . How can a fan ever get a clear picture of his team's cap situation ? This is all so needlessly cloak and dagger.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I really look forward to the day the MLS is going to enter the 21th century and stop treating team's finances like the Vatican's freaking secret archives :shakehead . How can a fan ever get a clear picture of his team's cap situation ? This is all so needlessly cloak and dagger.

It's freaking shady. Leagues do that on purpose because they know if salary info is leaked, then the players use it in negotiations, whether it's for a contract or the whole CBA. See Bettman's famous quote that fans didn't care about salary infos and that's why the league didn't display them on their website, while capgeek, eliteprospects and co. were some of the most visited websites that were hockey-related.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
We saw one Friday too. André Horta, Portuguese DP for LAFC. Is not even starter material in MLS. He's the one who tried to score from his own half on Bush. Apparently Bradley turned around and shook his head in disproval after that move lol

The thing is, big mistakes hurt less when you have the budget and the willingness to spend on other players. The Impact can't afford to miss, because you just know Joey doesn't want 3 DPs and is not willing to eat part of a contract to loan it elsewhere.

I stopped watching after the first half :laugh:

But yeah you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad