OT: Montreal Impact thread: Tha Isolated Market Of MLS... Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Why is Piette calling Sagna Benjamin though, did I miss something or is that an inside joke between IMFC players?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Better than Davies? Really?

Yes, Sands is a CB/DM/CM, only 18. NYCFC's Zanetti.

Davies isn't complete, very talented but still has a lot to learn and prove. we don't know if he 'll succeed at Bayern. Sands single handlely transformed NYCFC from a bottom tier team to a mid tier team. They have no forward but when he is their CB they rarely allow goals. Had Zlatan and Rooney in his backpocket with no goals allowed, both away games.
Miles Robinson and him are the DOTY so far.

Sands' next step gotta be Man City or PL.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Yes, Sands is a CB/DM/CM, only 18. NYCFC's Zanetti.

Davies isn't complete, very talented but still has a lot to learn and prove. we don't know if he 'll succeed at Bayern. Sands single handlely transformed NYCFC from a bottom tier team to a mid tier team. They have no forward but when he is their CB they rarely allow goals. Had Zlatan and Rooney in his backpocket with no goals allowed, both away games.
Miles Robinson and him are the DOTY so far.

Sands' next step gotta be Man City or PL.

I didn't notice him against IMFC. But saying he's ahead of Davies is technically wrong, as Davies at 18 played in the Bundesliga while Sands is in MLS. We'll see how he turns out.

Tyler Adams is also a pretty good homegrown who played a dozen games as a 20 year old in the Bundesliga. Matt Miazga was a good one as well.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I didn't notice him against IMFC. But saying he's ahead of Davies is technically wrong, as Davies at 18 played in the Bundesliga while Sands is in MLS. We'll see how he turns out.

Tyler Adams is also a pretty good homegrown who played a dozen games as a 20 year old in the Bundesliga. Matt Miazga was a good one as well.

He didn't play

And Tyler Adams>>> Davies for me. He hasn't proved anything yet and didn't do much in Vancouver. I know he will turn out good but right now he is just a huge prospect. Sands so far turned Nycfc into a defensive force in MLS. They rarely allow more than 2 goals.

But yeah I rephrase Tyler Adams is the best homegrown player out of MLS but Sands has the potential to be as good if not better.

Anyway just different perceptions, my point is that you dont need hundreds and hundreds of years to develop a competent player with no major flaws

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
IMFC's biggest problem has always been resource allocation.

They have money, they spend as much or more money than most teams (all expenses, not just players salary), but they do not spend it well. Fix that and the club will be more efficient in ALL its areas.
Into a part time? Into a full time? What to do or doing with it if they screw it as always... Bring us more negatives. Than positives. We're bad, period... It's an amateur market. It's an unprofessional market.

Dsquared

Apr 15, 2015
They rarely allow more than 2 goals.

They had the 6th best defense last year. They allowed more than 2 goals in 6 games: Portland, NYRB, Houston, Chicago, Seattle and D.C. 4 Times in the first half, 2 in the second half ( D.C were on fire )

As of now, it's 2 times in 11 start for Sands, which is worse than the last half of last year. What did he really change in that team?

Reactions: QuebecPride

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I can't find some motivational speechs to motivate myself.

I can't find some inspirational speechs to motivate myself.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Were you tweeting the Starting XI? Because the tweet is no longer available. If you weren't, well here it is:

D7xKu90W0AIbd6w.jpg

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Not feeling it tonight, but will still go with a positive result

2-1 IMFC
Browne, Orji
Savarino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad