OT: Montreal Impact thread: Tha Isolated Market Of MLS... Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I think he's the guy directly on top of Garde. KG was never meant to be that guy, his soccer knowledge is limited.

I'm guessing the final say on acquisitions/sells/loans will stick with Garde, but this guy will be Saputo's eyes and ears.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
A quick edit to a post from last page:

The soccer gods are with us for a second week in a row (stated down here are only eastern teams)

NYRB tie (wednesday)
OCSC loss
ATL loss
Chicago tie against NYCFC
NE tie against DC
Philly loss
Cinny loss
Columbus loss
TFC loss

Only NYRB won (their 2nd game of the week)

Eastern teams only had one win this week

Reactions: Ghetto Sangria

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
It’s not about less money. It’s not about fewer money. Can be a poor team. Can be a richer team. It’s about a competent committee of scouts. Who’s having a monthly list concerning players and prospects. Like from different countries. Doing their scouting. Doing their research. Sending it to the boss and RG together. That’s how it works... Why we complicate this normal processing. Or maximizing our profit for what?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
IMFC's biggest problem has always been resource allocation.

They have money, they spend as much or more money than most teams (all expenses, not just players salary), but they do not spend it well. Fix that and the club will be more efficient in ALL its areas.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
IMFC's biggest problem has always been resource allocation.

They have money, they spend as much or more money than most teams (all expenses, not just players salary), but they do not spend it well. Fix that and the club will be more efficient in ALL its areas.

Hopefully Sabatini brings upper management stability. He certainly has the credentials in Italy, having worked with Roma, Lazio and Inter. Start by scouting internally, not counting on agents to do the dirty work for you.. Good news is they hired one, Kevin Antunes, who will be at the U-20 worlds. I believe he's dedicated to the Impact, unlike De Santis and all the Italians of Bologna.

Reactions: ArtPeur

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Je serais déchiré en deux si Ronaldo venait à Montréal. Je serais content parce que c'est un grand joueur, mais maudit que j'aime pas son attitude et son air de fendant. Je laisserais Ronaldo à Toronto et je prendrais Messi :)

original-25942-1427414325-9.jpg

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
If I had to choose between Ronaldo and Messi, I'd choose Ronaldo. Simply because he's taller.

Edit: And better looking of course.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Nah other teams have busts too

Well duh every team in the world got busts what he's saying is that Impact got more busts in quantity than let's say the New York red bulls in recent years. As for Andre Horta he is the only bust out of LAFC.

Although I find Urruti a good modern striker he is not worth 1,1m so he would be considered a bust, Novillo TAM, Camacho Tam at 800k, sa,e thing with DP fraud, should I keep going? This is just in 2019.

And enough of the academy is still new, nycfc who started years later, got only one graduate and he is the best ever most complete homegrown player in James Sands. There's no way he stays in MLS beyond this season.

Time to call it what is and stop living in fantasy land: poor management.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
The soccer gods are with us for a second week in a row (stated down here are only eastern teams)

NYRB tie (wednesday)
OSCS loss
ATL loss
Chicago tie against NYCFC
NE tie against DC
Philly loss
Cinny loss
Columbus losing 2-1 at the half

Only NYRB won (their 2nd game of the week)

TFC playing tomorrow

Eastern teams have 1 win, trailing in one live game and one game left tomorrow

Man the east sucks donkey *** this year after years of domination the league. its s open season all about who has the best summer window.

Wondo tho ; 2 games , 6 touches, 6 goals. His kind of forward is fastly disappearing by the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad