OT: Montreal Impact thread: Tha Isolated Market Of MLS... Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Anyone else expecting a blowout friday night?

Late late game @ LAFC (10h30 pm kickoff), without Piette and possibly Browne

But then again, IMFC has shown that they surprise us in such cases (see game @ NYRB)

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

But then again, IMFC has shown that they surprise us in such cases (see game @ NYRB)

I expect a blowout as well. LAFC are scary good. They are this year's Atlanta United/the 2017 TFC.

Here are a couple of charts that display how dominant they have been.

On the first, if you're on the middle line, you are as good as your results. If you are above you are overperforming and if you are below you are underperforming. The Best team is the one that is the most to the right.

On the second chart, it's a bit easier to read but it's roughly the same, you want to be on the right side of the graph (maximize expected points). If you're above the X axis, you are overperforming (lucky) and below the X axis you are underperforming.

On the third chart, you want to be on the top left. Again LAFC are not conceding much and score a plenty. You could say them, Seattle and the Union have been the three best teams in MLS according to that graph.

In Chart 1 & 2, LAFC are the best team, and their play as been as good as their results, which is effin' crazy.

This won't be pretty. Maybe Nacho pulls out a few magic tricks, but other than that, we won't touch the ball much.

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
This won't be pretty. Maybe Nacho pulls out a few magic tricks, but other than that, we won't touch the ball much.

Nacho is gonna need some time to really get his legs under him, I don't know how much of a difference maker he'll be against LA. He does attract a lot of coverage though so just having him on the field helps the others a ton.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

i expect impact to get blown out friday too - or they park the bus and still lose 3-0

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Nacho is gonna need some time to really get his legs under him, I don't know how much of a difference maker he'll be against LA. He does attract a lot of coverage though so just having him on the field helps the others a ton.

Yeah I'm not holding my breath. At least it will be good experience for the youngsters, to face such a great squad.

I'm really looking forward to see how Marc-Anthony Kaye plays. He has been praised all around MLS and has the production to back it up, but I haven't seen him play a full 90 minutes yet personally. It adds to the pleasure that TFC let him walk for free.

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Would you sign Larin to a TAM contract? He's Canadian so no international spots required, we need a goal scorer like him IMO. But the question is whether he would cost too much in transfer. Besiktas will probably want to get some money back from the fee they paid to Orlando.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Would you sign Larin to a TAM contract? He's Canadian so no international spots required, we need a goal scorer like him IMO. But the question is whether he would cost too much in transfer. Besiktas will probably want to get some money back from the fee they paid to Orlando.

YES! I would not mind having him as a DP for a year

Reactions: QuebecPride

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I am expecting a 5-3-2 on Friday

Sagna - Diallo - Camacho - Raitala - Lovitz
Shome - Azira - Taider
Urruti - Piatti

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Predictions for tomorrow?

I see a 2-0 LAFC.

Vela and Rossi with the goals.

My starting 11

Piatti - Urruti - Okwonkwo
Shome - Azira - Choinière
Lovitz - Raitala - Diallo - ZBG
Bush

with Sagna coming in at 60th for Brault-Guillard and our residential penguins fan's favourite Ken Krolicki coming in at the 65th for Choinière.

That's my wish though. What will probably happen is a boring 5-3-2... with Camacho... against LAFC.

Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad