OT: Montreal Impact thread: Tha Isolated Market Of MLS... Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
I only watched about 30 mins (up until the third lafc goal) and boy this game was NOT out of reach.

If Bush didn’t do his blunder and Piatti had converted his easy chance, we have a different game and this was 10 minutes in.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
We’re a complete downgrade as a caliber or powerhouse. So much kick & run with us. Are they practicing something somewhere? It’s like they never played soccer in their life... We can’t afford to do one mistake. Impact can play with more than eleven players. But it’ll be kinda the same thing. We play to not lose. We don’t play to win.

We’re so “isolated” as a team. A “isolated” team. “Isolated” market they said...

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
So freaking cool. Sports can't go wrong in L.A.

D7bITzcXoAAyO5a

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Yeah I'm not holding my breath. At least it will be good experience for the youngsters, to face such a great squad.

I'm really looking forward to see how Marc-Anthony Kaye plays. He has been praised all around MLS and has the production to back it up, but I haven't seen him play a full 90 minutes yet personally. It adds to the pleasure that TFC let him walk for free.

Apparently, IMFC had Kaye on the discovery list too... But Garde was too slow to move (he probably had never seen him play anyway) and LAFC snagged him up when he was in USL since discovery rights apparently don't work in USL.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I only watched about 30 mins (up until the third lafc goal) and boy this game was NOT out of reach.

If Bush didn’t do his blunder and Piatti had converted his easy chance, we have a different game and this was 10 minutes in.

IMFC had fewer chances but it could have been a different game if Bush played that one better and Piatti scores on the great cross by Orji (!!!!), I agree. LAFC don't look at their best when defending.

Still LAFC are so dominant with the ball, and even in pressing. Kaye and Atuesta are amazing at breaking the lines with vertical passes. And man oh man, vela's first touch is as beautiful as it gets in this league.

Their supersub (Diomande) is better than anything we've had in the past 3 years at #9.

The best news about this game? Shome and Choinière showed they can play against the league's best and... Kevin Gilmore was in LA for the game. You bet he took a book full of notes and saw that the team is not fighting on level ground with the big boys in this league. Fingers crossed that he can convince Joey to spend some of that cheese money. Maybe that 3532 section gave him thoughts about making the whole Western side of Stade Saputo a supporter section as well.

Also, was I the only one yesterday who was stunned to learn that Bob Bradley, LAFC's coach, is in fact Michael Bradley's (TFC's complainer in chief and very good box-to-box midfielder) father? Fred Lord says a bunch of current MLS head coaches worked with him in the past, Chris Armas (NYRB), Dos Santos (Vancouver), Jesse Marcsh, etc.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Also, was I the only one yesterday who was stunned to learn that Bob Bradley, LAFC's coach, is in fact Michael Bradley's (TFC's complainer in chief and very good box-to-box midfielder) father? Fred Lord says a bunch of current MLS head coaches worked with him in the past, Chris Armas (NYRB), Dos Santos (Vancouver), Jesse Marcsh, etc.

The Bradley combo in the USMNT was something else. You had the father giving it to the refs on the sideline, and the son doing the same on the pitch.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
My main take away from yesterday was mostly that LA is just on a different level right now organization wise. Us managing to keep it fairly competitive at times was a pleasant surprise, although I wouldn't say it was remotely close when LA was really pushing. I just hope that the brass took some notes and is starting to realize that we've got some steps to take before we can be a top notch organization too.

Reactions: Dominator13

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Bologna went from being in relegation danger to potentially their best season in years.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Chivas was such a putrid organization though, sharing a stadium with the rival team?

That's worse than calling the cops on people who wont sit down.

Wat

You've never heard of Inter and Ac Milan? Roma Lazio? Muni.. nvm

How did you not know that? They have the same skull and personality lol

There was a running gag a decade ago when some ppl claimed MB was only in the NT because his dad was his coach and that he had no skills. I bet the same people are eating their words 10 years later.

absolutely **** signing .is it for 3 years? pathetic. starting to question garde again. looks lost

He is Garde's son. He will get a pass. He is an impostor posing as a professional player. Absolutely useless. He is worse than Ontivero. Garde is clueless he brought Camacho and Novillo, two of the worst players in Impact history. I hope he never becomes a GM.

Now as Potato and possibly Azira may be gone for a month I'd try to change the formation to 442 with Urruti Jackson up top. DP fraud and Shamit as CM. Orji/Mathieu and Piatti on the wings.

Just saw Novillo on St Cath

Gucci Vest over a gucci hoodie with matching gucci pants. Cant confirm gucci shoes though

Gucci glasses tho?

Anyway been very off with impact lately, their games were too defensive and boring for me. No offensive flash, no it's not on Urruti. Anyone who endured impact Piatti-less are the real MVPs.

Those two 2 home wins were very lucky.

Also, why I made this post before I forget: MTL is linked with Luca Menossi from Tigre along with one other MLS club. He is an 8,5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad