Montreal defeats Ottawa 4 games to 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I beleive Vancouver is the only team who's had a goal count because of it, not sure about any other cases.

...the Vancouver goal was a totally different situation; the St. Louis goalie looked like he made the stop and the whistle was blown, but the puck crept past him and into the net on its own...

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
So the Habs got busted for interfering with the goaltender? Seems like the right call to me.

Anderson pushes Prust's stick into him and falls to try and sell a call.

Look, I'm not going to bust because you do what you gotta do and prust's stick was high but it wasn't interference.

Dick Whitman

Feb 15, 2008
Ottawa
I had a hunch the Habs were winning tonight because I thought the puck didn't bounce on our side the last 2 games. I bet all my vCash and now have 1928 electronic dollars!

Another cool thing is I watched the whole series with my roomate who's from Aylmer. Apparently it's 50-50 for the fan base over there. When they had snapshots of Ottawa on CBC he was amazed as to see his hometown : "oh look it's the canal Rideau, on the other side is Gatineau, look I used to hang out there with my buddies on the river".

It's payday next friday. Think I can bum a few bucks off you until then?

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
But even if it was a reviewable play, it would not have been reversed based on the fact that the puck was playable by Price after he dropped it and the goal was scored after. It's not like he dropped the puck behind him....with no chances at retrieving it, and then the whistle was heard and puck went right in right after. While reviewable, it would never have been reversed.

I'm good with that, WS. I understand how it goes.

But it wasn't reviewed, and it's annoying to wade through posts saying it's because it wasn't reviewable.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Congrats to the Habs. I watch a lot of Habs since I actually like the team but hate "some" of their fans, great season (esp. by Price) and the team. Good job on the series win.

I have to say Petry has impressed me, IMO he was the best dmen for MTL and it would be cool for them (not for us) if they are able to re-sign him. Aside from that, I am proud of this team, they never gave up, gave it all they had, but at the end of the day the annoying brick wall stood tall! We'll be back, no doubt about that. Very proud of Karlsson, I hope some haters watched these games, aside from game 1 he played a good series. Can't wait until next year

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If the goal was on its way to the net when the whistle blowed then yes. In this case , the whistle was blowed everyone stopped playing except Pageau.

Is there video of this? My memory of the play was it being a bang-bang play, but I was probably focused on the puck more than what everyone else was doing.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

But it wasn't reviewed, and it's annoying to wade through posts saying it's because it wasn't reviewable.

Fine with that. But false are also the point that if it would have been reviewed, they would have changed it.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
...the Vancouver goal was a totally different situation; the St. Louis goalie looked like he made the stop and the whistle was blown, but the puck crept past him and into the net on its own...

That's fine, the rule is there to allow it to reviewed though. Why not take the time, decide whether or not it should count? It's a new rule, so there won't be a hundred examples of every situation where it could apply.

I'm ok with the goal not counting if they decide that it shouldn't, it's just the fact that they don't use the tools there to allow them to correct a possible mistake that bothers me.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada

There was no need for a review on the play though because there was no play when the whistle went.

Here is the Vancouver example:

As you can see it isn't anything alike. This was a puck on its way into the net that would have otherwise have been stopped by a whistle.

On today's play the whistle went and it was obvious that no play had been made on the puck.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Is there video of this? My memory of the play was it being a bang-bang play, but I was probably focused on the puck more than what everyone else was doing.

It would be nice if someone can post a video. Clearly, there was a Habs defenseman between Pageau and Price and he simply skated by when he heard the whistle.

HFranky

Jan 8, 2009
Lol at people who don't believe the habs won this fair and square.

Game 1: MTL 39 shots OTT 33 shots (MTL missing their 2 best scorers)
Game 2: MTL 42 shots OTT 31 shots
Game 3: MTL 49 shots OTT 34 shots

Today every player would've missed an open soccer net. Anderson was in their heads and the puck was like a grenade on their sticks. Not that's past and they can move on mentally.

As for the sens, except for the Turris shot in the first period and the Zibanejad missed chance at the end of the game, I didn't find they were a threat. They moved the puck damn well but didn't really get golden chances.

Price only had to steal one game in that series.

Ottawa was the worst matchup for us and we did pretty well. In addition..Don't expect the habs forwards to do worst for the next round, it can only get better.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Good series, wish Ham could've stepped up when it counted but the rest of the team did from game 3+ and we made a series from it. Best of luck to the Habs and now my productivity will go back to norm!

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Haha, wow, so fitting. Ofcourse they bring in the guy who is known for favouring the Habs. With Bettman in attendance and all, hahaha.
Chris Lee? The dude that called like 13 penalties against the Habs in a game against Carolina and only one against the Canes?

Seems legit.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
That's fine, the rule is there to allow it to reviewed though. Why not take the time, decide whether or not it should count? It's a new rule, so there won't be a hundred examples of every situation where it could apply.

I'm ok with the goal not counting if they decide that it shouldn't, it's just the fact that they don't use the tools there to allow them to correct a possible mistake that bothers me.

...there have been a plethora of "quick whistle" plays this year when the puck is still live, yet none of them were reviewed...the Vancouver-St. Louis example is that of a puck that went into the net by the original shot propelled at the net that found it's way through the goaltender after a quick whistle...apples to oranges...

JeanQuebecois

Feb 28, 2015
Gatineau, Québec
I've never felt so dissastified after a serie win.

Felt more like Ottawa ran out of gas than Montréal really deserved the win. I found the game to be pretty boring TBH.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Tough series in what was likely the most difficult match up for the Habs in any Eastern Conference series. Anderson came in, and did what he often does against Montreal - make a lot of saves.

Full marks for Price and the PK in game 6. Both were big parts in the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad