Montreal defeats Ottawa 4 games to 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsubz

Nov 3, 2007
It was a high stick but it deflected on the Sens skate so the play continues.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Tough luck with the reffing but Ottawa had plenty of opportunity to get one back with their power play opportunities, couldn't capitalize.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
[MOD] He kept playing because he's a gamer and a good player. Still useful but no shot, which was a major weapon.

When did I say he wasn't hurt? I said it was exaggerated.

FYI:

Stone's Shots per game in regular season: 2
In playoffs: 1.5

Last edited by a moderator:

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
Habs won because they scored one goal and shut out the other team in a 1-1 game thanks to Chris Lee.

Let's not sugar coat it.

Habs caught a lucky break.

sugar coat the sour grapes?

Price stole a game just like Anderson managed to steal one, only difference is, Price stole it to end the series

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
To be fair, that still shows Gilbert leaning forward making his shoulders lower. He's also leaning forward. No one can say that that is clearly a high stick, or not. It's up in the air. The linesman viewed it as a clean play.

Puck was swung at with stick like a bat and was propelled forward. I saw it at the time and was stunned it wasn't blown dead. Figures it lead eventually to the goal.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
This. I don't get the hate MT gets. If the Habs just play tight tight defensive hockey, the combination of Price and the refs will tilt things in their favor. They have nothing on their team.

:laugh:

Think about it.

What would that say about the Senators if it was true?

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
JG Pageau, the "Habs Killer", with a solid 0 points this series.

He was very active in the series though. Might not have been able to finish on any of his efforts but he was hardly invisible throughout.

I don't know the statistics but I think he did fairly well in the face-off circle despite the Habs' overall dominance of it.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
It was a high stick but it deflected on the Sens skate so the play continues.

The TVA love-fest for him was extremely nauseating. I didn't understand at all why they kept talking about him all the time like he was Crosby or something. He was a non-factor all series.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
The TVA love-fest for him was extremely nauseating. I didn't understand at all why they kept talking about him all the time like he was Crosby or something. He was a non-factor all series.

How about the Karlsson meter on the top right every 50 seconds?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
He was very active in the series though. Might not have been able to finish on any of his efforts but he was hardly invisible throughout.

I don't know the statistics but I think he did fairly well in the face-off circle despite the Habs' overall dominance of it.

Never understood him being sent back this year. Should be a permanent fixture. But will need to bring it somewhat offensively. Should be a regular on PP though as well.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Stone's shots per game in the last 40 games when he was getting 1st line minutes as opposed to the 3rd and 4th line at the beginning of the season : 3.5

Maybe so but the guy didn't even flinch when blasting it on Price a few times.

Regardless, didn't say he wasn't injured. I said it wasn't as bad as it seems because they played him even more. That is fact.

Krautso

Nov 30, 2007
Glad it's over but it was an entertaining series.

Great run Sens fans, it's too bad they played the Habs first round, I would have been cheering for them against anyone else. Good young team with a bright future for sure.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Tough luck with the reffing but Ottawa had plenty of opportunity to get one back with their power play opportunities, couldn't capitalize.

For sure. THey had their chances. Blown calls or not, Price was stellar. The Sens put themsevles in a position where Price stealing a game or a couple bad calls could cost them the series.

Still though its a young team and they showed a lot of character. As a Sens fan Im thrilled with what the team has done the past couple of months and Im excited to see what happens going forward.

These guys are only going to get better. THats exciting as hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad