Montreal defeats Ottawa 4 games to 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
worse possible matchup, awful PP, braindead coach who made zero adjustments, impotent offense, markov shat the bed

and we still won :handclap:

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
To Analyzer: I'm with you on your assessment of Gryba. He's not going to dangle anyone out there, but he's a great bottom pairing guy- especially on a team that manages Karlsson's minutes the way that we do.

The goal was a tap in, why should it be reviewed. The no goal was because it was scored after the whistle, that play is not reviewable.

Hard to imagine you'd be wrong, but:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=730165

Rule 38 – Video Goal Judge

Video review will be expanded in the following areas:

* Rule 38.4 (viii) has been modified to allow broader discretion to Hockey Operations to assist the referees in determining the legitimacy of all potential goals (e.g., to ensure they are "good hockey goals"). The revised Rule will allow Hockey Operations to correct a broader array of situations where video review clearly establishes that a "goal" or "no goal" call on the ice has been made in error. The new expanded rule will also allow Hockey Operations to provide guidance to referees on goal and potential goal plays where the referee has blown his whistle (or intended to blow his whistle) after having lost sight of the puck.

There are lots of whiners in here, but also lots of people who don't know what they're talking about.

Kraniumm

Hanshan
Jan 1, 2015
BC
Last minute of the game, plus interviews with Price and PK. Price is such a class act; great stuff from him. Skip to that part if you watch nothing else. PK is good, too.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
To Analyzer: I'm with you on your assessment of Gryba. He's not going to dangle anyone out there, but he's a great bottom pairing guy- especially on a team that manages Karlsson's minutes the way that we do.

There are lots of whiners in here, but also lots of people who don't know what they're talking about.

Curious(serious), has that extension of the rule been used and what was the outcome? I don't know.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

There's no problem with Gryba alone. The problem stems of the fact he's the best puckmover on his pairing.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008

If the goal was on its way to the net when the whistle blowed then yes. In this case , the whistle was blowed everyone stopped playing except Pageau.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We won but it was because Price bailed us out yet again. I was impressed by Karlsson and Methot and Zibenajad(might be spelled wrong) they were good all series, honorable mention to Anderson. Good young team Ottawa, looks like some great young leadership there.:handclap:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

But even if it was a reviewable play, it would not have been reversed based on the fact that the puck was playable by Price after he dropped it and the goal was scored after. It's not like he dropped the puck behind him....with no chances at retrieving it, and then the whistle was heard and puck went right in right after. While reviewable, it would never have been reversed.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Thanks to the Sens for a good series, and thanks to most Sens fans for the fun back-and-forth the past 11 days. Aside from some juvenile posts on both sides, I enjoyed the constructive disagreements and friendly trash-talk. Have a great spring & summer and see y'all in a few months!

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
But even if it was a reviewable play, it would not have been reversed based on the fact that the puck was playable by Price after he dropped it and the goal was scored after. It's not like he dropped the puck behind him....with no chances at retrieving it, and then the whistle was heard and puck went right in right after. While reviewable, it would never have been reversed.

That's what I'm wondering. I'm all for sens fans suggesting it be reviewed but is there a track record of this type of situation being reversed INTO a goal?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
That is just stupid. He literally stopped shooting the puck. Get over it. Your golden boy injured him. He kept playing because he's a gamer and a good player. Still useful but no shot, which was a major weapon.

One game he stopped shooting sure but I don't get how you can pretend like he never shot again. He had 9 shots in other 5 games...which is around what he averaged in regular season.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
There's a big "Go Sens Go" chant going on Elgin street (Sens Mile). Pretty cool. Only slightly drunk.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I beleive Vancouver is the only team who's had a goal count because of it, not sure about any other cases.

That's very interesting. Would you happen to have the play in question?

Honestly, if it's reviewable it should've been. I'm not sure it would've been reversed but it was definitely bad luck for the sens.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
That's what I'm wondering. I'm all for sens fans suggesting it be reviewed but is there a track record of this type of situation being reversed INTO a goal?

No, nor is there a track record of there an official review. I believe the review for such plays has to come from Toronto regardless. It is pretty clear that this type of scenario is not what the expanded rule is meant to cover.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I had a hunch the Habs were winning tonight because I thought the puck didn't bounce on our side the last 2 games. I bet all my vCash and now have 1928 electronic dollars!

Another cool thing is I watched the whole series with my roomate who's from Aylmer. Apparently it's 50-50 for the fan base over there. Of course he roots for the Habs, he choose to live in Montréal on the Plateau. When they had snapshots of Ottawa on CBC he was amazed as to see his hometown : "oh look it's the canal Rideau, on the other side is Gatineau, look I used to hang out there with my buddies on the river".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad