Montreal defeats Ottawa 4 games to 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Lol at people who don't believe the habs won this fair and square.

Game 1: MTL 39 shots OTT 33 shots (MTL missing their 2 best scorers)
Game 2: MTL 42 shots OTT 31 shots
Game 3: MTL 49 shots OTT 34 shots

Are you new to hockey? It's called score effects. In these games habs were playing from behind most of the time.
Today sens were in the same situation and shots were 43-20.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Haha, wow, so fitting. Ofcourse they bring in the guy who is known for favouring the Habs. With Bettman in attendance and all, hahaha.

At no point in history has Lee ever been confused with a guy who calls games in the Habs favor.

Considering Montreal routinely has amongst the fewest power play chances over the course of a season, it's more accurate to suggest they get bias against instead of for.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
No way to tell if Gilbert high-sticked the puck to end the play in the neutral zone, but did Gallagher knock the puck down with a high-stick to set up his goal?

https://vine.co/v/eWXjBAmlTbX

Was Zapruder in the crowd to take the real video?

Next we'll hear that Gallagher grabbed the puck with his hand, skated down the ice and threw it into the net while Plekanec and Pacioretty were sitting on Anderson.

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
As an outside fan, I was disappointed that didn't go to game 7. That was a close series, even when Sens were down 3-0. Great series from both teams. Bright future for the Sens if they can get that passion out of those players again next year.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Such a shame that this series was decided by a quick whistle that robbed the Sens of a goal. It was an honest mistake by the ref, but it was clearly a fair goal that easily should've counted. I would've loved to see this series go seven, but hats off to both teams for an unbelievable season. And in terms of the Sens, their story this season will not soon be forgotten. It was absolutely unreal.

Jaraco

Mar 13, 2014
California
Stop trying to say Lee is a Habs fan. He's just a very incompetent ref. If he was intentionally trying to give an edge to the Habs he'd probably find a way to screw it up and win the game for the Sens.

HabsandSmokies

Dec 7, 2013
It's not like the goal was disallowed with a few minutes left in the game....Sens had a half a game to score again.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Thanks. Pageau is clearly past the d before the whistle, Price doesn't seem to have a clue where the puck is imo, as he's trying to squeeze it, not play it.

The Whistle has already been blowed before Pageau took the shot. Review or not it's a no goal.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Such a shame that this series was decided by a quick whistle that robbed the Sens of a goal. It was an honest mistake by the ref, but it was clearly a fair goal that easily should've counted. I would've loved to see this series go seven, but hats off to both teams for an unbelievable season. And in terms of the Sens, their story this season will not soon be forgotten. It was absolutely unreal.

How is it a fair goal if our 2 D men right there and Carey Price stop playing when they hear the whistle??

We don't know what would have happened.

Was it an early whistle? Yes.

Was it a goal? No

Would it have been a goal? Maybe, but Carey was huge tonight and I like to think he would have kicked out his leg.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Like I wrote, anyone who isn't biased knows that Lee's blown call was a game changer.

The better team in the game tonight got the shaft.

It was?

You have a magic way to know what would have happened had Lee seen the loose puck?

"Mirror, mirror..."

DD51*

As a Habs fan, I was pissed off seing that Lee would be refering tonight. I was sure he would screw the Habs again.

This guy should never work during Series. He is not even AHL level.

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
Thanks. Pageau is clearly past the d before the whistle, Price doesn't seem to have a clue where the puck is imo, as he's trying to squeeze it, not play it.

I think you are right here, but that whistle goes just as the puck appears out of Price's hands. It is not even on the ice yet when the whistle goes. It was certainly a quick call and a loose puck. It was not like the whistle was sounding as Pageau hits it though.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
There was no need for a review on the play though because there was no play when the whistle went.

Here is the Vancouver example:

As you can see it isn't anything alike. This was a puck on its way into the net that would have otherwise have been stopped by a whistle.

On today's play the whistle went and it was obvious that no play had been made on the puck.

This is like saying that no play that isn't reversed should ever be reviewed.

What becomes of hamburglar? I wanted him to do well.

Not this series, you didn't.:laugh:

No, it hit him in the chest.

You mean the one that hit him square in the back?

Well I'm glad we can all agree on that. :handclap:

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Sens couldn't score a single goal in an elimination game. I don't know why they're blaming the refs.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
How is it a fair goal if our 2 D men right there and Carey Price stop playing when they hear the whistle??

We don't know what would have happened.

Was it an early whistle? Yes.

Was it a goal? No

Would it have been a goal? Maybe, but Carey was huge tonight and I like to think he would have kicked out his leg.

Yes, Price was unbelievable tonight. One of the best goaltending performances I've seen in the playoffs so far. But there is no way he would have made the save. He thought he had it covered, and so did the defence. The puck was in the net within half a second of the whistle being blown, there was no time for anyone to react to that happening. The whistle did not change the outcome of that play in any way, the puck would have ended up in the net regardless.

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
Well, one things for sure, that video isn't enough for anyone to agree what happened...

For the record, I don't think Gallagher high sticked it.

Lol. Indeed. I thought it hit his hand on the stick (I wouldn't stake a dime on it though). We can conclude that it is inconclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad