Montreal defeats Ottawa 4 games to 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick Whitman

Feb 15, 2008
Ottawa
Good for them. Going down 3-0 is a difficult hill to climb. They should blame themselves for getting into this situation.

And having 1 debatable goal in an elimination game is usually not enough to win. Good effort though.

I was simply correcting you because you were wrong.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
What's your point? I didn't say it should be reviewed, I said the refs took away a goal, which they did. The fact that it supposedly happens all the time doesn't change that.

...yes, it does...quick whistles happen...no one can say whether Petry slowed up after the whistle, giving Pageau the lane...or that Price didn't ease up after the whistle...all that is clear is that it was an early whistle...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Looked better than it was. Turris didn't get full wood on it nor did he elevate like he should have. Price actually missed it and it hit his stick knocking it from his hand, fairly lucky actually.

This has to be one of the most overrated statement in the history of statements. Watch EVERY SINGLE highlight save....and I can tell you that 95% of the time, the shooter could or should have done something better. Every incredible save is often mixed with a shooter not shooting hard enough or having a better aim. Stick is part of his equipement, and whatever is necessary, he stopped that shot with it.

But hey, I guess he was Lucky all game long too. Are you the one who claimed after last game laughing at the possibility that he was maybe a top goalie in this league?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
1.Stone almost has his arm chopped off - no suspension
2.High stick leads to a goal 30 seconds later
3.Ref blows call on Pageau goal

Rough series for Ottawa fans.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
There's something you're failing to understand.

We all know what happened because we've watched it over and over.

The ref didn't even see a puck lying loose next to Price- so the least he could do is go to the war room to have them confirm what happened.

The result would have been the same. Just because the VAN clip shows an instance where the official's ruling was overturned- and how that applies- it's still reviewable.

No because it was obvious that without pageau that puck is NOT going in the net....

Get it?

Haddock

Jan 7, 2004
Moulinsart

If you want to go down the list of infractions the referees missed, it's going to be a very long one.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
By the rules, so long as it's part of a continuous play, and the whistle didn't affect the outcome of the goal crossing the line.

I would argue that Pageau's net drive after a shot is definitely part of a continuous play. Whether the whistle caused the players to let up could be an issue, but Pageau did have his man beat, and the other d was tangled up with another player.

All I'm saying is it was worth taking a look at, and the league did itself a great disservice by not doing so.

Don't know much about the countinous play. If you shoot the puck after the whistle, you do not score. Period.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
...yes, it does...quick whistles happen...no one can say whether Petry slowed up after the whistle, giving Pageau the lane...or that Price didn't ease up after the whistle...all that is clear is that it was an early whistle...

Pageau had the lane before the whistle. Sure, maybe Price let up after hearing the whistle, doubt that would have changed much, but it's possible he reacts to the puck he thinks he has frozen.

Disappointed they didn't take a look, no matter what the final result would have been.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

I know you're being sarcastic, but between the armed attack on Parliament Hill, our GM being diagnosed with terminal cancer, and our assistant coach actually dying of terminal cancer, it really hasn't been the easiest year to endure in Ottawa.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008

Again, what is your point? It was an objectively bad call, don't know how you can argue that. Therefore, ref's mistake equals no goal for the Sens. Price didn't know where the puck was, he wasn't even looking at it. The refs took away a golden opportunity from the Sens that would have tied the game. Try and be more objective.

It wasn't an early whistle. Price never had control of the puck at any point in time. It was just a bad whistle. Pointing out that the refs screw up all the time doesn't change the fact that they screwed up again.

ZeroPT*

I don't know if Price will be enough to get past Detroit/Tampa. The Habs weren't overly impressive to me

Oh and all the Habs fans with their idiotic "stop being bitter, get over it" comments, have the maturity of an unborn fetus. The **** the city of Ottawa and fans of the Sens have gone through this year, it's really ****ing stupid to see people be this inconsiderate. Get over yourselves.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I know you're being sarcastic, but between the armed attack on Parliament Hill, our GM being diagnosed with terminal cancer, and our assistant coach actually dying of terminal cancer, it really hasn't been the easiest year to endure in Ottawa.

Yep, and the place will be a little better tomorrow. :)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Don't know much about the countinous play. If you shoot the puck after the whistle, you do not score. Period.

Well, that's not what the rule says though. If they wanted it to be that way, they could have explicitly stated that. They didn't because there are cases where a shot could come after a whistle but still be part of a continuous play.

This particular case aside, there are certainly scenario's where a shot after the whistle would be considered part of a continuous play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->