HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Draft (#3, #35, #38, #56, #62, #66, #97, #102, #122 & #128)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
That's why they project. They're looking at it years down the road. Not just tomorrow. Timmins said at the combine they're not looking for the quick fix.

If they project 3 years , then why are we not trading Weber , Pacio and Price and why are we not rebuilding? Why hear bunch of rumors about washed 33 year olds player.

If u pick Zadina he will be in the NHL max 2020.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Okay nothing new and I'm not a scout so here's my take. Habs can't score and they just traded a goal producer regardless anything else Chucky was or was not so this production must be replaced. So to the draft:

#3. Best scoring talent available period. Hopefully Svechnikov falls, but this is pie in the sky thinking. so best options are Zadina or Wahlstrom.
Kotkaneimi is supposed to have a floor of being a very good #2 center. His ACL and lack of elite skating scare me. At best I see him as a Ryan Kessler and I don't see that as a player you draft at #3. Therefore, I believe Zadina will be the pick.

#35 Mattias Samuelsson, 6' 4" LHD fills a organizational need. Twin tower to Weber?

#37 Jared McIsaac, 6'1" LHD good all round player, should develop into solid #4

#56 Jack McBain, 6'3" center needs time to develop game. Will be great once trained under Bouchard.

#62 Curtis Douglas 6'8" center.... but what if ....

#66 Riley Sutter 6'2" RW was thinking Anderson McDonald but more need on the Right than left wing.

#97 Curtis Hall 6'2" Center Laval depth

#102 Ryan O'Reilly 6'2" RW

#122 Xavier Bouchard 6'4" RHD

So guys what do you think of my draft board? Would you be happy?
"

That's about as bad as it can go for me.. Other than Zadina.. and O'Reilly.. not one of those players possess an ounce of skill.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If they project 3 years , then why are we not trading Weber , Pacio and Price and why are we not rebuilding? Why hear bunch of rumors about washed 33 year olds player.

So will Kotkaniemi. He won't be a 5 or 6 year project. He will be in the NHL in a few years.

And I don't get what projecting what Kotkaniemi will be in 3 years have to do with Weber and Price. The team still has to play now while Kotkaniemi develops.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Then you must of heard the rumours of habs shopping Price and Pacioretty??!!

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
So will Kotkaniemi. He won't be a 5 or 6 year project. He will be in the NHL in a few years.

And I don't get what projecting what Kotkaniemi will be in 3 years have to do with Weber and Price. The team still has to play now while Kotkaniemi develops.
We'll see i guess , i just feel like habs will pass into something great if we dont pick Zadina....

Then you must of heard the rumours of habs shopping Price and Pacioretty??!!

Everyone knows about Pacioretty since Deadline , Price is just some Twitter Lidl reporter saying stupid things

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
We'll see i guess , i just feel like habs will pass into something great if we dont pick Zadina....

Everyone knows about Pacioretty since Deadline , Price is just some Twitter Lidl reporter saying stupid things
It’s all rumours :)

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I love this theory that somehow the scouting world, for one year only, have manipulated the data so the Habs.. a group of professional scouts, would just fall into their trap?

I guess Tkachuk is the same thing, for the people who think this, since he was falling into our picks on most mocks?

lol..here's one that might be truer..

Habs take a number 2-3 guy(Zadina /Svech)..and he lights it up right away ...in 3 years time they will owe him 12 million a year...that would really upset the apple cart...

develop a guy 3 -4 years away...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I don't want you to misunderstand me. I would not be upset if Zadina is their choice. I'm just advocating that Kotkaniemi at 3 is not a reach. He's Top-10 or Top-5 on more lists than he is ranked outside the Top-10 (which is the case almost every year for some prospects).

I won't lie, I'd prefer Kotkaniemi over Zadina. But Zadina is still a player I would be happy with.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
I don't want you to misunderstand me. I would not be upset if Zadina is their choice. I'm just advocating that Kotkaniemi at 3 is not a reach. He's Top-10 or Top-5 on more lists than he is ranked outside the Top-10 (which is the case almost every year for some prospects).

I won't lie that I'd prefer Kotkaniemi over Zadina. But Zadina is still a player I would be happy with.

I know that Kotka is top 10... but top 3? I feel like We could draft him at 6th

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

I won't lie, I'd prefer Kotkaniemi over Zadina. But Zadina is still a player I would be happy with.

Same here. At this point, Kotkaniemi or Zadina is fine with me. The ACL though made me question the Kot pick..but not enough to disregard it...but maybe to want Zadina a little more now.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I know that Kotka is top 10... but top 3? I feel like We could draft him at 6th

I do not know where this is coming from. This is just impossible to know. It all depends of your love for a player. Pretty sure Ottawa thought Price would be available at 5. Hickey got picked at 4. Scheifele was picked at 7 and seemed a reach etc.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I do not know where this is coming from. This is just impossible to know. It all depends of your love for a player. Pretty sure Ottawa thought Price would be available at 5. Hickey got picked at 4. Scheifele was picked at 7 and seemed a reach etc.

McKenzie said 1 scout has Kota at 3.....
I would like that name of that scout.....is he a Hab employee?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I wonder how good Bouchard is going to be. Souray or a Schneider type of player in 5 years?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Anyone doubting Kotka, go on EProspect open Kotka profil then open Rantanen profil then compare. Other recommendation, just watch him play before passing judgements wether or not he is worthy being ranked top5.

It's all too much...now we got TSN guys calling him Kopitar...

sound familiar???? hello 2012...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Anyone doubting Kotka, go on EProspect open Kotka profil then open Rantanen profil then compare. Other recommendation, just watch him play before passing judgements wether or not he is worthy being ranked top5.
I don't trust Bob, his list doesn't mean anything! He was mid 1st not too long ago on Bob's list, and Bob's list is the best out there!

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Same here. At this point, Kotkaniemi or Zadina is fine with me. The ACL though made me question the Kot pick..but not enough to disregard it...but maybe to want Zadina a little more now.

Same here.

My players 3-7 are basically interchangeable. Would not mind any of them at 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad