HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Draft (#3, #35, #38, #56, #62, #66, #97, #102, #122 & #128)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Grant saying that Kotkaniemi and Poehling should be in the NHL this year

A little far fetched. But I can see Poehling sign with Habs after his NCAA season finishes and going to Laval/make Habs out of camp. Kotkaniemi, for me, one year in Liiga, come to either Laval/make Habs out of camp.

I would think both would be in the NHL by 2020 the latest.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Grant saying that Kotkaniemi and Poehling should be in the NHL this year

297.png

Reactions: Redux91 and Peanut

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
I think this is it guys, the end of our center woes haha. I say we go with Kotka, whether we trade down or pick at 3 I leave that up to MB. The more I watch and read about him, and hearing Timmins talk about him, the more I'm ok with the pick, he has #1 center potential imo. He's never gonna be Austin Matthews offensively, but if he can bring a great to elite defensive game, without being useless and actually contributing offensively, he'll be a competent #1. Drouin on his wing will help the offense.

The other thing is that I'm really high on Poehling also. I'm perfectly fine having Kotka and Poehling centering our top 2 lines for the forseable future. add a guy like Danault then you begin to create and identity in terms of how your centers play the position. If you can't beat guys like Mc David and Matthews, find guys that can hopefully contain them. Surround them with enough offensive talent and they will be successful.

All this is wishful thinking of course haha

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
the 2005 draft was a 2 years pool.... not the same

Name any year. There are guys that shouldn't be chosen where they are chose. Sometimes teams were wrong. Sometimes teams aren't. I have just no idea who you can definately determine that this guy should be pick at 6. It's incredibly well known that it's the first 2 and than all hell break loose. It's totally interchangeable.

Reactions: vokiel

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Nice to hear Timmins again. Listening to the interview, it was easy to see that Kotkaniemi and Tkachuk are high on his list. He didn't say much about Zadina other than he can score goals and wasn't too enthusiastic about Hughes.

I think Poehling might need an extra year before making the jump to the AHL.

For Kotka, he will be at the camp and will be able to showcase his talent. Depending of his performance, it will be easier to judge how much time he needs before filling a role at this level.

Reactions: Redux91 and vokiel

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Timmins better not be wrong. But what will be more damaging for him....going for the C and missing out on a 35-goal scorer? Or going for the winger and missing out on a #1C? Somehow, he better pray that not only his player does incredibly well despite a bad team...but he can't afford that the next guys chosen do well....

Reactions: Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->