HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Draft (#3, #35, #38, #56, #62, #66, #97, #102, #122 & #128)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Honestly, as of now, drafting Kotkaniemi third overall as a bad skater and already an ACL surgery is a big risk i'm not willing to take even though Timmins said it was an non-issue. That freaking surgery is like the Tommy John of the NHL. Hard to come back 100% and even harder to be faster/stronger than before..

A center in the NHL needs to have speed in his tools, if not, he's gonna be like McCarron chasing the play, always late.

High risk high reward for Kotkaniemi now with that info. Not willing to roll the dices with him at third now..

Didn't know this and thank you! Pass IMO

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Prospects are trained to say things and even though the don’t even play like current NHL players.

Tkachuk said he model his game like Mathew Tkachuk and Jamie Benn.
Veleno said he model his game like Toews.

Scouts and fans are a little smarter than that. Yakupov said he model his game like Pavel Bure lol.

The only guy I see who doesn’t say that is Kotkaniemi he said he likes Sasha Barkov as a player.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think he can play in the AHL next season since he played in Europe last season but I'm 100% sure but someone will likely confirm if he can or can't but I believe he can.
I believe if a player played in Europe (not the CHL or NCAA) and is drafted they can play in the AHL. With Lefebvre at the helm, I would be against that but with Bouchard I would be ok with it.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Every experts are saying next year draft is LOADED with good center.

Why would we "reach", even though i agree it's not a big reach, with Kotkaniemi who is the only center in top 10-12, while we could take the BPA either a winger or D-man.

We will have a lot more center to choose in next year top 10. Yes, i predict we're gonna tank! ;)

I don't buy Kotkaniemi has the BPA at three.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
They should either take Zadina or the best defenseman after Dahlin with the pick. Reaching for a center is not the play here. They'll still be a lottery team next year and next year's draft is deep with centers.

Reactions: Luigi Habs

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Moreover, if they lockout after next season, being lottery next year is important as it could mean another lottery pick after a lockout season.

This is when Lafreniere is.

This is why you sell Price/Weber now. Then you have a good young team in 2021 for the next cycle.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Every experts are saying next year draft is LOADED with good center.

Why would we "reach", even though i agree it's not a big reach, with Kotkaniemi who is the only center in top 10-12, while we could take the BPA either a winger or D-man.

We will have a lot more center to choose in next year top 10. Yes, i predict we're gonna tank! ;)

I don't buy Kotkaniemi has the BPA at three.
I hope we tank to hell next year.

Reactions: jaffy27

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
People didn't believe me when I said that it was Timmins show, and Timmins show alone. If that's not a proof....I don't know what is.

0:10 seconds start of the vid....''I'm here with the entire scouting crew.....''....Yeah...where are they Trevor huh? Where the heck are they? Okay I'm done....:D

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
ACL? Didn't know that. Timmins better be positive it won't affect him.

Didn’t stop them taking Galchenyuk. They said his coming back at the end of the season was enough to convince them. I suspect they have zero concerns considering Kotkaniemi played the entire season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Ca he play in the AHL?

He can. Because he will be drafted out of Europe, he can come to the AHL right away (like DLR did).

However, I think the path I envision for him is playing in Finland next year (where he said they will put him at center), then one year in Laval (where he can be called up if he's that good), and finally in Montreal.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
MAG has a new article up on The Athletic discussing buzz as to who the Habs have in mind for their selection.

They have it listed as followed:

Kotkaniemi - 55%
Tkachuk - 20%
Zadina - 14%
Dobson - 5%
Bouchard - 4%
Hughes - 2%

Dobson and Bouchard are “practically neck and neck” in the estimation of the Habs scouting staff, according to people MAG talked to.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
MAG has a new article up on The Athletic discussing buzz as to who the Habs have in mind for their selection.

They have it listed as followed:

Kotkaniemi - 55%
Tkachuk - 20%
Zadina - 14%
Dobson - 5%
Bouchard - 4%
Hughes - 2%

Dobson and Bouchard are “practically neck and neck” in the estimation of the Habs scouting staff, according to people MAG talked to.

Yikes.

Reactions: Peanut

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
They should either take Zadina or the best defenseman after Dahlin with the pick. Reaching for a center is not the play here. They'll still be a lottery team next year and next year's draft is deep with centers.

they haven't won a Stanley cup in 25 years for no reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->