HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Draft (#3, #35, #38, #56, #62, #66, #97, #102, #122 & #128)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
They are going to pass on Zadina and we will have to watch him light it for the next decade.

as i said a Forsberg repeat...whoever gets drafted 12 13 14 15
1 6th keep your eye on them because they will be a Hab in 5 or 6 years...

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah, I've seen Zadina enough in Halifax to know he's no one we are going to absolutely hate we passed on.

No one can convince me Kota is 3rd best....or 5th best...

The joke will be on the Habs.....will have to live with it long after Bergy is gone

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
No one can convince me Kota is 3rd best....or 5th best...

The joke will be on the Habs.....will have to live with it long after Bergy is gone

Okay, that doesn't mean if we pass on Zadina that it's the end of the world.

We will regret passing on Boqvist and Wahlstrom, maybe even Dobson.

Reactions: vokiel

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
No but passing on Zadina just to pick Kotka is stupid as hell.
Another dumb move from the org if it happens
That we will have to let it play out.....I like Zadina, but I also like Kotkaniemi, and Dobson, and Tkachuk, and Wahlstrom.

We can’t go wrong

If we go on the consensus, we should be picking Tkachuk

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
That we will have to let it play out.....I like Zadina, but I also like Kotkaniemi, and Dobson, and Tkachuk, and Wahlstrom.

We can’t go wrong

If we go on the consensus, we should be picking Tkachuk

I don't think you can say that past the 2nd overall pick for this draft. We definitely can go wrong.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
They are going to pass on Zadina and we will have to watch him light it for the next decade.
Or you'll just watch the next coming of Zherdev, you'll forget this debate ever happened and you'll move back to cheer for the next winger prospect who seems to be a goal scoring machine in his own minor league. ;)

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
How much of either players have you seen?

You seem pretty confident in your opinion.

Enough that Kotka will never be a first line center

He went up as hell because habs want him badly ''because of rumors''
rest of the league would pick Zadina at 3 and us ofc we always get the wors decision.
If you want ur center , just use pacioretty to get it , and add if needed
end of the story.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

rest of the league would pick Zadina at 3 and us ofc we always get the wors decision.
end of the story.

Not even close. Good end to the Finnish league as a 17-year old (finishing 3rd in scoring on his team), his performance at the 5-Nations Tournament in February, where he was one of the best players in the tournament, and then his great performance as Finland's 1C in their gold-winning World U-18s is what shot him up the lists.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

end of the story.

I never thought you were one of the "draft guys" on this board, but I know there's plenty of them that like Kotka enough to draft him 3rd.

"Enough that Kotka will never be a first line center"... I don't think there's any scout out there that would speak in absolutes regarding prospects. You don't know that. You can't know that.

As for Zadina, there seem to be plenty of reputed sources that have Tkachuk ahead. Why no hard on on Tkachuk? Another media conspiracy?

Reactions: lou

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Not even close. Good end to the Finnish league as a 17-year old (finishing 3rd in scoring on his team), his performance at the 5-Nations Tournament in February, where he was one of the best players in the tournament, and then his great performance as Finland's 1C in their gold-winning World U-18s is what shot him up the lists.

so you are telling me , the original typical drafted player stats and route to the draft
Still no reasons to pick him over Zadina

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
I never thought you were one of the "draft guys" on this board, but I know there's plenty of them that like Kotka enough to draft him 3rd.

"Enough that Kotka will never be a first line center"... I don't think there's any scout out there that would speak in absolutes regarding prospects. You don't know that. You can't know that.

As for Zadina, there seem to be plenty of reputed sources that have Tkachuk ahead. Why no hard on on Tkachuk? Another media conspiracy?

Oh i dont know that for sure , he could better than Mcdavid , but why take a chance when u have more chance and % with zadina being a 30 goals scorer. Also we got lucky to go to 4th to 3rd place and its kinda wasted

Eastern Shores

Jun 20, 2018
Okay nothing new and I'm not a scout so here's my take. Habs can't score and they just traded a goal producer regardless anything else Chucky was or was not so this production must be replaced. So to the draft:

#3. Best scoring talent available period. Hopefully Svechnikov falls, but this is pie in the sky thinking. so best options are Zadina or Wahlstrom.
Kotkaneimi is supposed to have a floor of being a very good #2 center. His ACL and lack of elite skating scare me. At best I see him as a Ryan Kessler and I don't see that as a player you draft at #3. Therefore, I believe Zadina will be the pick.

#35 Mattias Samuelsson, 6' 4" LHD fills a organizational need. Twin tower to Weber?

#37 Jared McIsaac, 6'1" LHD good all round player, should develop into solid #4

#56 Jack McBain, 6'3" center needs time to develop game. Will be great once trained under Bouchard.

#62 Curtis Douglas 6'8" center.... but what if ....

#66 Riley Sutter 6'2" RW was thinking Anderson McDonald but more need on the Right than left wing.

#97 Curtis Hall 6'2" Center Laval depth

#102 Ryan O'Reilly 6'2" RW

#122 Xavier Bouchard 6'4" RHD

So guys what do you think of my draft board? Would you be happy?
"

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Sporting News top 100 just released..Kota is 11th Brady is 7th on the list.

NHL Draft big board: Final rankings of top 100 prospects in 2018 class

11. Jesperi Kotkaniemi, C/W, Assat (SM-Liiga)
Like his countryman Rasmus Kupari, Kotkaniemi spent his draft year playing in Finland's top circuit. Only difference is Kotkaniemi significantly out-produced him. He's a mature playmaker with world-class vision, but his first-step quickness at this stage of his development is average.

7. Brady Tkachuk, LW, Boston University (Hockey East)
His last name may be synonymous with hard-nosed play, goal scoring and pugilism, but this power winger has great vision, an incredibly soft set of hands and anticipates puck travel better than any of his draft-eligible peers. Brady is both quicker and more disciplined than brother Matthew or father Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad