Monthly News Thread (October 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If there's one thing we should be vocal about and show our emotions, it's racism.

When someone says something as distasteful as some of the comments posted here, it shouldn't be discussed privately. It should be very public.
It’s why I’m not engaging in it privately anymore. The going around in circles, adding random people to the thread that had no part in it (no offense @The Crypto Gal ) rather than those that WERE involved and WERE removed from public discussion does nothing for anyone. There’s no point in trying to hide behind it privately when one party is very wrong, said very distasteful things and can’t own up and apologize for it because they still think this is about Myles when it’s about insensitive comments that party made.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You can explain what the heck discord is to me.

so many new things coming up I’m starting to feel old like my parents

Discord is this generation's Teamspeak or Ventrilo. Or if you're really old, a fancy conference call.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This is a carnie business, where the biggest company routinely does awful, insensitive, and offensive things. Whether it be double standards with the women, this Saudi Blood money, or whenever they remind us they do racist things.

We can’t be honest with ourselves and pretend that this stuff does not happen in this business with this company. They have long long lost the benefit of the doubt as well to just dismiss it as an innocent mistake.

People are right to be outraged by it. That it happened at all, that WWE still hasn’t put out an adequate response to it, and they shouldn’t be subject to responses telling them they shouldn’t be upset over it.

There is nothing wrong with wanting public responsibility.

Blackface imagery is some of the most racist imagery from the past. It is meant to be something left in past as something untouchable. In this day and age we shouldn’t be told it’s no big deal when it’s ugly head is reared.

It was bad when DX came out to the ring in blackface. It was wrong how they handled the build and finish to the HHH/Booker feud. It is bad now. Never mind all the tribal savage gimmicks and offensive Asian stereotypes. There is precedent here. They don’t get the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Why was my post deleted a second time, and this post still yet remains, @ColePens? Why are you deleting multiple posts that make you look irrational?
I would like to think a mod here wouldn't stoop so low, and would actually take the high road.

Im okay you feel that way. We are all in agreement WWE is wrong. On a forum with rules, we are not going to allow rules to be broken because someone claims they are oppressed. Im sorry if that bothers you. This happens every time on this board. There were 5 warnings, PM warnings, etc. If users cannot control their emotions and be able to have mutual respect, conversation is over. But very importantly - i respect and appreciate any individual who is up in arms about this. I am, too. And I would love to see this company take what they deserve. But look at the post below and realize why it can't be discussed in a WRESTLING forum.

I respect anyone who is emotional. They have every right to feel that way. They have every right to boil at their skin. They have every right to want to take action. They have every right to feel however they do. But no... that doesn't give free right to just take shots at others and lose their cool over and over. To be even more fair, i let a lot go. Then it turned even uglier.

So since people cannot respond with respect, it ends. Inevitably we all agree about WWE being wrong. If you dislike me because a forum has rules... oh well. You can discuss rules with an admin.

We can resume wrestling talk. :)

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is a carnie business, where the biggest company routinely does awful, insensitive, and offensive things. Whether it be double standards with the women, this Saudi Blood money, or whenever they remind us they do racist things.

We can’t be honest with ourselves and pretend that this stuff does not happen in this business with this company. They have long long lost the benefit of the doubt as well to just dismiss it as an innocent mistake.

People are right to be outraged by it. That it happened at all, that WWE still hasn’t put out an adequate response to it, and they shouldn’t be subject to responses telling them they shouldn’t be upset over it.

There is nothing wrong with wanting public responsibility.

Blackface imagery is some of the most racist imagery from the past. It is meant to be something left in past as something untouchable. In this day and age we shouldn’t be told it’s no big deal when it’s ugly head is reared.

It was bad when DX came out to the ring in blackface. It was wrong how they handled the build and finish to the HHH/Booker feud. It is bad now. Never mind all the tribal savage gimmicks and offensive Asian stereotypes. There is precedent here. They don’t get the benefit of the doubt.

What they never put forward was an actual apology, at least not at first. I can understand if one guy at the top didn't catch on to the connotations as long as someone else caught on given that there is a whole team of people who produce this. And it seems that was actually the case, but it still went forward - that is a failure of their system.

WWE also knew it within them that after being elected, ever mentioning that Trump ever showed up on WWE TV was is bad, whereas they've played statements from Obama and supposedly Martin Luther King, Jr. is one of Vince's personal heroes. They are aware of the divides in 2019 even if their business actions try to ignore it.

So what we have is a case politics has shaded under this umbrella and became a newsworthy point of discussion, hopefully isn't a problem until it's a problem within discussion. When posts are removed, it's intended to bring the discussion back from across the line upon being crossed (often cases it becoming personal battles) and subsequent references to it in accordance to the rules of the site, not to censure discussion of the topic. Someone breaks a rule of the site and gets nailed for it, we don't want it to be still sitting out there. One of the rules of the site is to remove the racism, misogyny, etc,. so there becomes a weighing of having it be out there so it can be called out, or acknowledging it's there and then not doing anything about it which angers people who know it shouldn't be allowed to stand (see: Twitter). We still want there to be discussion, that's why if issues are unresolved we try to go to PM's.

Reactions: SeidoN and ColePens

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Someone breaks a rule of the site and gets nailed for it, we don't want it to be still sitting out there. One of the rules of the site is to remove the racism, misogyny, etc,. so there becomes a weighing of having it be out there so it can be called out, or acknowledging it's there and then not doing anything about it which angers people who know it shouldn't be allowed to stand

The problem is that when it was called out, the comments were deleted asap, all while the original comment is still there for people to see, get offended at, and subsequently have Their comments also deleted. Why is this comment, made by a mod, around with no apparent repercussions?

You cannot just claim to be oppressed. That's not how this works. Not even remotely.

What they never put forward was an actual apology

That's all we really wanted too

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The problem is that when it was called out, the comments were deleted asap, all while the original comment is still there for people to see, get offended at, and subsequently have Their comments also deleted. Why is this comment, made by a mod, around with no apparent repercussions?

That's all we really wanted too
Please make sure you understand as ive said it a million times - people absolutely have every right to be outraged. People have every right to want to start a heated debate. People have EVERY right to feel the way they do.

But this is a wrestling board and a forum with rules. So it won't happen here. Sorry if that is hard to hear. This isn't the place. GKJ actually articulated it 100000000x better than I did. It's not the proper forum to do it.

This is the WRESTLING board. Let's get back to wrestling.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Chelsea Green and Deonna Purazzo have been there for months and can’t get on TV. Although Green was hurt, that was months ago. I don’t think Purazzo has been on tv in over a year, although she may have been on NXTUK.

Purazzo's been on NXT UK. Chelsea was on a Watch Along with her boyfriend Zach Ryder some time ago. Both of them have been appearing as a tag team at NXT Live events, most recently early October.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You cannot just claim to be oppressed. That's not how this works. Not even remotely

Step 1 to making things right would be to delete this.

Stop being so proud. This is a bad comment, deserved to be called out, and should be deleted. And if you care about the posters here, as we are a tight knit board, you’d apologize for it. But that’s up to you, deleting it is a must.

You keep mentioning site rules. Telling a minority (whether it’s referring to the POC on this board, or Myles, it doesn’t matter) that they can’t claim to be oppressed and that’s not how it works, is 100% against site rules, as that would largely be considered flaming.

If site rules is what you care about, and are clinging to, than fine. Than do that, and delete that post.

I bet you’ll just delete this post instead. You beg for a mutual respect conversation, and I’m doing that. No cursing, no profanity, no caps. Just telling you, respectfully what needs to be done.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Step 1 to making things right would be to delete this.

Stop being so proud. This is a bad comment, deserved to be called out, and should be deleted. And if you care about the posters here, as we are a tight knit board, you’d apologize for it. But that’s up to you, deleting it is a must.

You keep mentioning site rules. Telling a minority (whether it’s referring to the POC on this board, or Myles, it doesn’t matter) that they can’t claim to be oppressed and that’s not how it works, is 100% against site rules, as that would largely be considered flaming.

If site rules is what you care about, and are clinging to, than fine. Than do that, and delete that post.

I bet you’ll just delete this post instead. You beg for a mutual respect conversation, and I’m doing that. No cursing, no profanity, no caps. Just telling you, respectfully what needs to be done.
He’s going to PM you and threaten to remove you bro

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
3es8sg.jpg

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA

She's says huge news will be announced on Smackdown. And that person will be on on premiere of WWE Backstage on November 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad