Monthly News Thread (October 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
SRS only posts news if he knows it’s true and takes his time to verify things.

He’s super coy about that gif in the replies, but if I were to guess, one of the two parties (Punk/WWE) reaches out to the other, but that was inevitable.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I’m a shmuck from Boston but that TSN deal sounds pretty huge from where I’m sitting. Good for them.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Emp wrote something in last thread that has been on my mind for a few months...

Fox demanding stars and getting them could become an issue down the line I imagine.

I could see this being the break between WWE and USA. If Fox gets everything they want, they still aren't getting 3m consistently on a Friday night. Ain't happening. That deal will fade and then move to FS1 and then be cancelled when booking goes like it did tonight.

And now you run back to USA who is going to be in the driver's seat for the first time in a long time. Why? Because maybe TNT/AEW is up. Maybe there are other players at this point. Maybe they don't need the 1m viewers.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Emp wrote something in last thread that has been on my mind for a few months...

I could see this being the break between WWE and USA. If Fox gets everything they want, they still aren't getting 3m consistently on a Friday night. Ain't happening. That deal will fade and then move to FS1 and then be cancelled when booking goes like it did tonight.

And now you run back to USA who is going to be in the driver's seat for the first time in a long time. Why? Because maybe TNT/AEW is up. Maybe there are other players at this point. Maybe they don't need the 1m viewers.

Raw's ending makes more sense now. Book some stupid shit angles so Fox doesn't want them near Smackdown. Yowie wowie!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
How are they going to maintain a hard brand spilt if they set a precedent that Fox can demand any talent they want once they get over.

And yeah. Why would NBCUniversal (owners of USA) want to play ball like this either?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I mean, it’s not like NBCUniversal can bump Raw to a smaller network and put something in its place on USA that’ll get the same numbers Raw does.

Friday is an awful night for wrestling, though. Honestly. I have no idea what they were thinking. They want to target 18-34 but they’re going to get the 35+ crowd.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006

Makes sense. TSN had a long history with wwe and wcw before Rogers backed up the brinks truck to steal wwe away (as that is their style, e.g the NHL deal). The AEW deal by comparison will likely be cheap content for ten, and get AEW many more casual eyes than being stuck on some obscure channel like Impact is here (fight network I think? I'm not even sure)

This is a good move for both parties

Oct 18, 2011
How are they going to maintain a hard brand split if they set a precedent that Fox can demand any talent they want once they get over.

And yeah. Why would NBCUniversal (owners of USA) want to play ball like this either?
it honestly doesn't matter who's on raw, for the most part the same people will watch every week regardless of the talent.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I mean, it’s not like NBCUniversal can bump Raw to a smaller network and put something in its place on USA that’ll get the same numbers Raw does.

Friday is an awful night for wrestling, though. Honestly. I have no idea what they were thinking. They want to target 18-34 but they’re going to get the 35+ crowd.

Fox has always been more apt to put higher-valued programming on Fridays.

As far as a relationship souring with USA, WWE is far and away their most valued content. They don’t have anything else. WWE is what keeps them relevant. They need WWE more than WWE needs them, that’s why NBC was willing to pay so much.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Fun fact: In Finland people don't go to bars on Friday's before 11 pm and most often it's around 12 pm. They get home around 4-5am. That timeslot would work well over here.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Nothing showing up in my guide for AEW on TSN for tomorrow either. Hope they get a deal done but nothing yet from the looks of it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Looking at TSN’s twitter help page, not even they know they supposedly have AEW.

I have no doubt they do, but i wonder if they won’t get it in their rotation until next week, or this week won’t be live at least.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
YouTube algorithm at work suggesting “Raw: CM Punk makes a shocking return to WWE” from 7 years ago lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->