Monthly News Thread (October 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Ill say it 1 last time.. if you cannot discuss this without emotion, you need to step aside. This is, as we know, a sensitive topic. Let's please keep it civil. If you are unable to control emotions, you need to step aside.

And if you come to troll, you will be removed immediately.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
oh buddy. =
im literally arguing one thing and one thing only, but you refuse to understand why is a black dude complaining about something HE BELIEVES, is being racist.
non-blacks guys dont get any more approval, but they dont have to worry about ****ing racism.... which is the one thing he's arguing about.
how stupid are you?

You're not arguing anything other than that the guy should apparently blow up his own prospects because he didn't like his shirt that was already pulled, all the while claiming things you can't and won't back up and tilting at windmills. The posts are barely coherent, but I'm confident that they serve as a good example of the detrimental encouragement he will get from some corners online. Myles has handled this poorly, and the existence of racism in the world doesn't simply mean that whatever he does happens to be the right way just because "HE BELIEVES".

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
You're not arguing anything other than that the guy should apparently blow up his own prospects because he didn't like his shirt that was already pulled, all the while claiming things you can't and won't back up and tilting at windmills. The posts are barely coherent, but I'm confident that they serve as a good example of the detrimental encouragement he will get from some corners online. Myles has handled this poorly, and the existence of racism in the world doesn't simply mean that whatever he does happens to be the right way just because "HE BELIEVES".

I agree. Myles can do what he wants, and that shirt is definitely borderline. But I don't want to see him crying foul when it ends up ruining his career by going about his anger the wrong way.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't think anyone in the world would defend WWE. Their history is pathetic. Period.

But this is simple basic life 101 here. Dont lose your shit and think you have the right to do whatever you want. 2 wrongs don't make a right. He had probably 2500 better routes to go. He chose to go down a path that he shouldn't have.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I agree. Myles can do what he wants, and that shirt is definitely borderline. But I don't want to see him crying foul when it ends up ruining his career by going about his anger the wrong way.

How is it borderline? It is blatantly racist. Whoever designed it knew exactly what they were doing.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I don't think anyone in the world would defend WWE. Their history is pathetic. Period.

But this is simple basic life 101 here. Dont lose your **** and think you have the right to do whatever you want. 2 wrongs don't make a right. He had probably 2500 better routes to go. He chose to go down a path that he shouldn't have.

I agree that he shouldn't have insulted other wrestlers (Jay Lethal?). But other than that, what other route should Myles have taken?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
At the risk of getting myself infracted or whatever, I’m just going to say that I don’t think it’s fair to say you need to check out of the conversation if you’re too emotional about it. All due respect to all parties, but white people (myself included) never felt oppressed or marginalized like people of colour have and continue to do. The closest we can ever get to experiencing what they have is them telling us. Different people will react in different ways, but evidently the emotion stems from real life experiences for something that they can’t control and telling them they need to bow out of the conversation because of that reason is just doing exactly what they’re upset about and what they’ve experienced their whole life.

Now as for Myles, he effectively blackballed himself from several places to make a living in wrestling after WWE for the Jay Lethal comment, but before that he had every right to react the way he did. I say that because I don’t know his experiences and if he felt like he needed to take to social media and vent, then that’s on him. He took it too far with Lethal but I’m in no position to comment or critique how he handled it.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I agree that he shouldn't have insulted other wrestlers (Jay Lethal?). But other than that, what other route should Myles have taken?
Oh dear lord... here is an honest list of some things i would do. Once again, i'm not saying i know how he feels.. but this is what I would do. And being in a corporate structure, I understand the pressure at least. But... for example:

- The top thing I would investigate is where to go with this. I would probably first get a legal consultation. I understand a lot of these result in "at will" employment, but being there is a contract involved, I would go this route. I would seek 2-4 different consultations, mostly are free, and look into what action I could take. Whether lawsuit, termination of contract, or whatever would be appropriate.

- I would also discuss with the local NAACP representative because while they do not provide legal advice, they do have one of the strongest legal counsels and could possibly help with spreading the awareness in a positive way.

- I would then discuss with my family if it's time to move on because this is highly offensive and not wanting to be associated with it. If the answer was yes but i wanted to raise awareness - i would do so in a strong way that is not immaturely posting videos, deleting videos, etc. I would seek the wrestling media, Jericho's podcast, literally all media sources to do it almost in a Dean Ambrose way. I would present my case in almost the same way Ambrose did. Then the audience can support and get behind it.

- I would even reach out to media participants like John Oliver who has touched on this in the past. I think his main point of contention i wanting representation and awareness. I think we could shed some light if anyone wanted this story. We KNOW every dirt sheet would want this story.

- Once all of these areas are explored, i'd even talk to people about how to present this from a social media platform. Even if all teh answers were no across the board, then i'd venture on how I wanted to present this w/o attempting to ruin my career.

And ultimately if he wanted to keep the job due to financial reasons, then he should have gone through the appropriate channels to start. Now this is NOT the way I'd go because their history is laughable. Vince would say something right and do is "jedi mind trick" and take away from the actual problem. The main thing I would do is stay away from the outbursts of immaturity. Yes... he has every right to be fuming. Yes he has every right to want to stand up. But posting a video with a middle finger and then deleting it....? Is that doing anything? Absolutely not.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
At the risk of getting myself infracted or whatever, I’m just going to say that I don’t think it’s fair to say you need to check out of the conversation if you’re too emotional about it. All due respect to all parties, but white people (myself included) never felt oppressed or marginalized like people of colour have and continue to do. The closest we can ever get to experiencing what they have is them telling us. Different people will react in different ways, but evidently the emotion stems from real life experiences for something that they can’t control and telling them they need to bow out of the conversation because of that reason is just doing exactly what they’re upset about and what they’ve experienced their whole life.

Just need to hit one point here... On a forum where rules actually exist, it is 100% fair to remove people from a discussion who cannot partake in a respectful manner. Whether they have a right to be emotional is never in question. They always have a right to be emotional in this regard. ESPECIALLY if they have gone through or are going through it.

For forum sake - emotions cannot control a conversation whether sensitive or not. We did it pretty much on every single topic known to human on this board. Some board members can't even deal with rivalries so they are removed from discussion. Some board members disrespect women, hence are removed from the board. Some were immature about their favorite wrestler and caused a scene - thus removed from discussion. We will remain consistent in that regard and will not turn a blind eye because of an emotion being warranted.

Controlling emotion is imperative for every discussion, debate, etc. Mutual respect, while being lost in major portions of today's society, is not something that is negotiable to the topic.

So if you have further want to discuss that portion - PM me or take it to the HF Admins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Most, of not all of the people working the Saudi show flew out last night after RAW on a private plan. Even Brock Lesnar flew with the group, despite him usually travelling alone.

Triple H wasn’t at RAW last night, as it’s believed he flew to Saudi early

Reactions: BonMorrison
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad