Monthly News Thread (November 2018)

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
There's just nothing there except the WWE likes her size and she's a perfect person to put in front of the cameras to do anti-bullying and body positivity messages.

WWE logic: Let's have the girl who actually has talent and nearly died from an eating disorder body shame the girl with no talent.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
WWE logic: Let's have the girl who actually has talent and nearly died from an eating disorder body shame the girl with no talent.

I remember reading an interview with Nia and to give her credit she talked about how uncomfortable Alexa was with what they were asking her to say, and Nia had to assure her that it was ok.

I'm a fan of Alexa, mainly because everything I've seen her do she seems like a really nice, hardworking girl.

I know people like to give her a hard time over her wrestling, and god knows she's not a super athlete, but I find her to be hugely entertaining as a heel, and she's probably right now the second best woman on the mic in the division know that Becky has found something that really works.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Regarding Roman, he was released from the Jaguars in August 2007 with a "Serious illness." He ended up playing in the CFL during the 2008 season, which began in June. So that's about 10 months. Presumably there's some recovery time involved there, too.

That being said, the main concern is just that he beats it again. His return is secondary.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
TIL Wade Barrett signed with Lucha Underground and will be known as “The Lord”.

Great to see him back in the ring. I’d like to see him back in the WWE some day. I think he could have a resurgance like McIntyre

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Barrett is far better than he was ever used imo.

Injuries definitely a huge factor though. Could easily see a Drew like return one day though

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Yeah, I remember a large chunk of us weren't happy with how they were using Barrett.

One of the most blatant examples of the wwe trying to stifle someone getting over on their own (bad news Barrett) by giving him a dead gimmick (king Barrett).

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
TIL Wade Barrett signed with Lucha Underground and will be known as “The Lord”.

It was a pretty great moment to see him come out of the shadows in the limo.

Kind of a weird season. Hoping for a fifth just to set everything right - otherwise I’ll keep rewatching Seasons 1-3 and pretend that the ice box season never happened.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Barrett was criminally underused. Arguably the worst example of the cause of a Cena program that the opponent doesn’t win, next to Wyatt.

This would be a fun thread. Top 5 criminally underused AND Cena buried.

1) Barrett was LITERALLY buried by chairs. :laugh:
2) Wyatt
3) Rusev (that damn WM match :( )
4) Ryder
5) Sandow

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
To be fair. Only the top 3 there had real potential.

The show isn't filled with only top talent. The midcarders can look good, too. Sandow/Ryder could have been really great midcarders. One of my favorite promos is I believe Adam Cole/Ricochet. He claimed he good but Cole was great. And that is elevating both guys instead of just one. Cena could have given a nice rub to the other guys and they could be really solid midcard guys/tag team guys/etc. But nopppppe.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If Wade Barrett wanted to wrestle full-time again, which I don't think he does, but if he did, he could easily have a similar path as McIntyre.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Ryder was done dirty, but Sandow was just awful in the ring and didn’t put much effort into anything behind the scenes. I don’t see Sandow (or Ryder for that matter) as anything of value lost.

Barrett, Wyatt and Rusev were f***ed over.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Sandow was awesome as Miz' stunt double. A lot of that is because of the Miz, but still.

Sandow was very over, could of been a good part of the midcard.

Wyatt, Rusev and Barrett should all be apart of the main event scene right now, but mismanagement of them destroyed it.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
If Wade Barrett wanted to wrestle full-time again, which I don't think he does, but if he did, he could easily have a similar path as McIntyre.
He really can't. If he followed McIntyre's path he'd be in his 40s by the time he gets back to the main roster. And they'd (rightfully) want to avoid pushing an old injury prone guy in any meaningful position.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He really can't. If he followed McIntyre's path he'd be in his 40s by the time he gets back to the main roster. And they'd (rightfully) want to avoid pushing an old injury prone guy in any meaningful position.

I didn't mean the exact same path. More the WWE path. Sign back, work NXT to rebuild him with the fans, let him work with HHH and co to flesh out the personality, and then up to the main roster he goes. It only took McIntyre a year to go through NXT and to the main roster.

I wouldn't necessarily say Barrett would get the same/similar push as McIntyre, but Barrett could still be at the very least be at the top of the mid-card similar to The Miz.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So, I don't remember who it was who mentioned it, I think it was Wai Ting at Post-Wrestling, but apparently the 'We demand Women's Tag Team Championships' signs are plants. They've been appearing on TV for weeks.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
ooooo.

Also, I wish John Morrison would come back to the WWE. Dude is so fun to watch. Had a personality as well. Just never got that next level push.

When he left, he said the WWE wanted to sign a new 3 year deal, but he wanted to take time off to heal, and retrain, and have more control over his time for a bit.

I expect him to return at some point, and there where whispers a couple years ago about it, but he's killing it right now on the Indies and is on Survivor, so I doubt he sees much of a need.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad