Monthly News Thread (November 2018)

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
There was not stealing, he just leaves and lets someone else pay. You know, exactly what his character would do.

That's....that's still pretty damn close to the same thing. :laugh:

Hell, some guy out in California I believe was arrested for doing that on a bunch of dates. Takes a girl out to a swanky dinner and then skips on the bill, essentially "stealing" his meal while she pays for it.

It's incredibly disrespectful and, it would appear, also illegal.

Have you ever dined and dashed?

Reactions: ColePens

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Have none of you been wined and dined by a company before? You do understand that when you get invited to a restaurant that their company is going to be paying right?

All Naito is doing is leaving without offering to split the bill with them, which would be polite but not required (or even expected). The gimmick is the leaving early without telling anyone.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Have none of you been wined and dined by a company before? You do understand that when you get invited to a restaurant that their company is going to be paying right?

All Naito is doing is leaving without offering to split the bill with them, which would be polite but not required (or even expected). The gimmick is the leaving early without telling anyone.

I know what an "Irish Exit" is....done it a few times at house parties or other social gatherings but never at a dinner. :help:

Again, just really seems like a dick move. If that's his calling card, so be it.

Reactions: iamjs and ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
If Naito ever has issues with NJPW, good luck ever making big money again.

I think that's why I love the way Cody Rhodes went about business. He hasn't gone off on WWE like everyone has wanted. He's kept things open. Heck even Jinder Mahal/Drew are good examples. They were given 3MB.. a complete failure. That would have bombed no matter what. Both guys talked about it but never burned that bridge. Now both came back better than ever. Hopefully making more money than ever, too.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I think that's why I love the way Cody Rhodes went about business. He hasn't gone off on WWE like everyone has wanted. He's kept things open. Heck even Jinder Mahal/Drew are good examples. They were given 3MB.. a complete failure. That would have bombed no matter what. Both guys talked about it but never burned that bridge. Now both came back better than ever. Hopefully making more money than ever, too.

Funny to see how both Jinder and Drew left and came back, and both got a huge singles push that we have yet to see with the third member who's been here the whole time, Heath Slater. :laugh:

Also, Cody DID sort of tear into WWE briefly after he was "fired":

I'm sure that's just a PG-rated view of what he really thought of Vince, but it's still a pretty candid take on things.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

Thank God you said something.

It's insane that people are acting like WWE wasn't picking up the bill anyway. There was no stealing...they were courting him...they were buying dinner..or drinks...or whatever it is.

It's a dick move to leave without showing them the decency of a goodbye but it's not even close to theft.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
In shocking news, supposedly Nia Jax injured Zelina Vega at Evolution. Explains why she wasn't on Smackdown yesterday. I hate Nia Jax.

I don't hate her personally. I think she's a pretty lousy performer who has done nothing to improve her game since her callup.

She's sloppy in the ring and Vega isn't the first girl that she mishandled. She's brutally bad on the mic, she has no natural charisma. There's just nothing there except the WWE likes her size and she's a perfect person to put in front of the cameras to do anti-bullying and body positivity messages.

She's really only there because of her connection with the Rock. [MOD]

I laughed on Monday when her and Tamina were doing the star down, and you could literally see people in the crowd either rolling their eyes or getting up for a trip to the can. Vince . . . HHH I know she's your girl, but nobody cares.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: iamjs

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
No ones mentioned that Bork has signed through to wrestlemania.

If brauns knees are shot and he needs time off, it seems that McIntyre is gonna turn face soon and get a wrestlemania coronation

Reactions: I Eat Crow

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
No ones mentioned that Bork has signed through to wrestlemania.

If brauns knees are shot and he needs time off, it seems that McIntyre is gonna turn face soon and get a wrestlemania coronation
I would like this but I like the idea of Bork, Seth, and Ambrose in a triple threat for the title instead.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
this is apparently the list of wrestlers side lined or working with injuries (+ roman)....

Roman Reigns
Triple H
Kevin Owens
Sami Zayn
Zelina Vega
Alexa Bliss
Jason Jordan
Sin Cara
Goldust
Fandango
Rowan
Matt Hardy
Tye Dillinger
Jinder Mahal
Jeff Hardy
Bobby Lashley
Kurt Angle
Braun Strowman

(edit: Shayna STILL using crotches in social media pictures. despite it was reported its not serious)

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
this is apparently the list of wrestlers side lined or working with injuries (+ roman)....

Roman Reigns
Triple H
Kevin Owens
Sami Zayn
Zelina Vega
Alexa Bliss
Jason Jordan
Sin Cara
Goldust
Fandango
Rowan
Matt Hardy
Tye Dillinger
Jinder Mahal
Jeff Hardy
Bobby Lashley
Kurt Angle
Braun Strowman

(edit: Shayna STILL using crotches in social media pictures. despite it was reported its not serious)

Soooooooooooo let's have 10 shows all in 4 weeks and make sure we keep our house show schedule going!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->