Monthly News Thread (August 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I wish Jericho would collab with some really rich dude in order to start a promotion in NA that rivals WWE. Never will happen, but a pipe dream.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They were done being friends long before that

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Jason Jordan’s neck situation has gotten worse according to the Observer. Despite previously being cleared in July, that’s no longer the case and there’s no timetable for a return

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Punk bought Joey Mercury's, a complete burnout at the time house to make sure he didn't end up on the street. He has since made some pretty decent scratch in the UFC and you mean to tell me he can't pay or at least help Colt out with his legal fees? What an ass.

How long before AJ finds a way to step on his toes and she's out on her ass too?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Punk bought Joey Mercury's, a complete burnout at the time house to make sure he didn't end up on the street. He has since made some pretty decent scratch in the UFC and you mean to tell me he can't pay or at least help Colt out with his legal fees? What an ass.

How long before AJ finds a way to step on his toes and she's out on her ass too?

He made $500K for his first fight, and presumably less for his second. So you're suggesting he give up well over half of his primary source of income over the last 4 and a half years?

Good Lord, the entitlement.

Dave Bautista said if Disney doesn’t bring back Director James Gunn, he will ask to be recast.

He said GOTG without James Gunn isn’t what he signed up for.

He said there’s no defending the tweets, but said it was a witch hunt.

That being said, they kinda already have a built in back door. Just don't bring him back from The Snap.

I personally think the movie would lose a lot without Drax, but I think they're more likely to avoid the backlash of bringing back the guy repetitively joking about rape and child molesting. Not saying I agree or disagree with it. I'd like to see a single person on the planet who hasn't said regrettable things in public.

... That being said what he said was creepy as f***. If he had joked about it once it wouldn't have been bad, but his apparent fixation on it is just strange.

- A new report says Chris Jericho may be "destined" to end up working with Impact Wrestling, despite an initial report months ago that Jericho didn't want to do anything that would make Vince mad. The new report says that thought from Jericho isn't nearly as strong as it was months ago.

I'm not buying this at all. Impact is a garbage promotion and has been for 5+ years now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dahrougem2

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
rumor is through connections, it was /jericho who told people from Anthem Sports to hire someone competent to save the company. He suggested Don Callis. so theres that.

dont sleep on Impact either. it has been really amazing.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
That's incredibly low of Punk if true.

His sister was on Twitter today ripping Colt after the lawsuit came out, calling him a "piece of shit", accusing him of using Punk, and saying this is a giant step back for freedom of speech (lol?).

Chaleen Rumpf (@ChaleenRumpf) | Twitter

Last edited:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Entitlement? Is it entitled to expect some form of collaboration on the fees when Punk dragged him into this mess to begin with? He needed to air his grievances so damn badly when he could have simply taken WWE to court without having to rant and rave about how the machine ****ed him over (which it did, but still)

Punk also said he'd pay Colt's fees so you can piss off with that entitlement claim

Lol, Punk evidently held a gun to Colt's head and forced him to upload the podcast. :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- WWE is interested in signing Lucha Underground and Evolve star Shane Strickland. He’s expected to have a tryout at the Preformance Centre in the next week or two. Strickland was who Evolve put their World Title on after WWE signed Matt Riddle to a 3 year contract weeks ago.

- ROH GM Greg Gilleland said that they will do everything they can to retain Kenny Omega, Cody Rhodes, and the Young Bucks and have plans for them to be in the ROH-NJPW show at MSG. They said they have fair plans and fair contract offers for them.

He said however they deserve the opportunity to be in the WWE, and ROH isn’t going to operate in fear and they do have contingency plans in case one or all of them are unable to work the show to do signing with the WWE.

He said there’s other top talent and they have lost people before and while they will be aggressive in signing them long-term, the ROH brand is more about the ROH experience and they will continue with that no matter what.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
The expectation is that WWE is going to gun hard for all four of Kenny, Cody, and the Bucks when they get the opportunity, offering them, "Can't refuse" deals.

ROH/NJPW set up a show in MSG on the same night that NXT Takeover will be in the Barclay's Center, the night before Wrestlemania 35. WWE got pissed and attempted to block the show, and was essentially told to f*** off. ROH/NJPW has since sold over 9,000 (I didn't intend that) seats and is well on their way to a sellout.

There comes a point where you've gotta wonder when WWE smashes the "Oh s***" button. It seems every time we say, "That'll never happen" about a high expectation for ROH/NJPW, they make it happen. The problem is that WWE has very little casual audience anymore, and they're primarily all hardcore wrestling fans, who certainly prefer what ROH/NJPW is doing right now as opposed to WWE trying the same stuff that hasn't been working for 10 years.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Wow, the NJPW/ROH MSG show already sold out after tickets were released to the public today. I was debating buying a seat even though I'm less than 100% certain I can do Mania next year. But then again, there might be a good chunk of folks who bought it hoping to resell. I bought a couple tickets for Takeover Brooklyn II but had to sell at a loss when I had to back out of my trip that year.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Dave Bautista said if Disney doesn’t bring back Director James Gunn, he will ask to be recast.

He said GOTG without James Gunn isn’t what he signed up for.

He said there’s no defending the tweets, but said it was a witch hunt.
I like Bautista as Drax but does he really have this much of career to fall back on. I mean good in the guy for defending his friend but it seems like career suicide to me.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Lol, Punk evidently held a gun to Colt's head and forced him to upload the podcast. :laugh:

No, but when Amann's attorneys sent a demand letter requesting it be taken down, Cabana informed Punk and Punk told him not to respond to it and that he'd be "100% covered." Cabana's view is that if he had complied with the demand it's likely he would have avoided being brought into the litigation. Punk also, allegedly, made it seem like he'd cover Cabana's legal bills through this and initially they had the same attorney. At some point that changed and Punk started demanding Cabana pay half of the bills.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
No, but when Amann's attorneys sent a demand letter requesting it be taken down, Cabana informed Punk and Punk told him not to respond to it and that he'd be "100% covered." Cabana's view is that if he had complied with the demand it's likely he would have avoided being brought into the litigation. Punk also, allegedly, made it seem like he'd cover Cabana's legal bills through this and initially they had the same attorney. At some point that changed and Punk started demanding Cabana pay half of the bills.

For what it's worth, he was right that they were deemed legally in the right, lol.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
If he has the text he claims where punk says he’d cover his legal expenses then punks gonna pay and look like a (bigger??)douche for all this as that makes it a simple case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad