Monthly News Thread (August 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Oh man, Matt Hardy retiring and passing on the Woken gimmick to someone else would be so brilliant. Keep Matt around as a producer and have him work on that.

Then if that superstar was to ever get hurt for a while, or need to be released, or whatever, you can just have Matt Hardy reappear and cause someone else to be Woken (or the find a new Vessel idea)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Dave Bautista said if Disney doesn’t bring back Director James Gunn, he will ask to be recast.

He said GOTG without James Gunn isn’t what he signed up for.

He said there’s no defending the tweets, but said it was a witch hunt.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Damn. :help:

I can't think of anyone else fitting as Drax, and at this point a recast would be painful.

That said, it wouldn't be a first for Marvel (War Machine).

EDIT: If Disney called his bluff and went for a recast, it wouldn't surprise me if they handed a blank check to the Rock.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The Rock would be the star. But, I also feel like The Rock is the type that, after essentially single-handedly saving the Fast and Furious franchise because of his star power, he's more interested in saving something that's on its last legs or just doing a film with no franchise backing and try pushing it to the top of the charts (like he did Skyscraper) rather than joining something like GOTG and NOT be the star. The Rock and Dave Bautista are two different levels of Hollywood stars.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I still find it crazy that The Rock is such a huge star still with the worst filmography ever. I guess it’s all about that charisma.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
giphy.gif

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Aleister Black was written out of the TakeOver match with a KayFabe injury angle. WWE released a video after tonight’s NXT showing Black being found unconscious in the parking lot. Both Gargano and Undisputed Era were shown in the video as possible hints of who will eventually be blamed. Black hasn’t been officially removed from the match, but that’s the likely outcome as he’s not even expected to be able to attend TakeOver due to his groin surgery

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
- Aleister Black was written out of the TakeOver match with a KayFabe injury angle. WWE released a video after tonight’s NXT showing Black being found unconscious in the parking lot. Both Gargano and Undisputed Era were shown in the video as possible hints of who will eventually be blamed. Black hasn’t been officially removed from the match, but that’s the likely outcome as he’s not even expected to be able to attend TakeOver due to his groin surgery
They're just waiting as long as possible to make a decision. I personally hope he makes it, but no one knows how bad the injury is.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
She’s been overdue to try it. They did try her in NXT years ago. Sounded good during the parade of champions stream, way better than Lita.

Reactions: ColePens

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Renee and Corey are the best at their jobs when it comes to more speaking/commentator/announcer/interviewer roles so having them for the full show is pretty ideal for me.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- NJPW president has told talent that English swearing and the use of middle fingers will be banned in an attempt to clean up the product in that regard to aid in their NA expansion and to make sponsors warm up to the product.

- WWE has become very aggressive in signing new talents after the success of All In and the ROH/NJPW G1 event. WWE wants to take talents off the board and that's why they changed their stance on Riddle, and are going after Fenix and Pentagon Jr., among other more popular names on the indies.

- A new report says Chris Jericho may be "destined" to end up working with Impact Wrestling, despite an initial report months ago that Jericho didn't want to do anything that would make Vince mad. The new report says that thought from Jericho isn't nearly as strong as it was months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad