Monthly News Thread (August 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I wouldn't mind a 1 hour show for the women. There simply isn't enough depth... You can only do Bayley/Sasha vs Riot Squad so much.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I think segregating them to their own show is the wrong way to go. Better to keep it mixed and just hire better writers, maybe get some more compelling storylines going.

Reactions: ColePens

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I am incredibly curious about the show, purely because of the involvement of nxt. Is H going to book the show ? Or is Vince ? Or will it be a mixture of both and we will truly see the difference in booking in one show.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I am incredibly curious about the show, purely because of the involvement of nxt. Is H going to book the show ? Or is Vince ? Or will it be a mixture of both and we will truly see the difference in booking in one show.
Triple H will probably book the two matches that are his, especially given the likelihood that they’ll be the two best matches on the show.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It is also shaping up to be a shitty card, and they have done dick all with the women for a year now outside of Becky/Charlotte being a hot feud (and they only just fixed the alignment).

The one official match of Bliss/Trish and the heavily rumors Ronda/Bella match is not going to sell tickets.

If you have been booking the ladies properly, you could have had some hotter feuds going into this and multiple potential high level matches.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Xia Brookside changed her twitter handle today so she must be signed. She was in the UK women’s tourney as well as the MYC.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Owens admitted his program with Strowman was a “low” in his career but there’s aspects of every job that you don’t like and you just do them.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
KO has been taking his lumps for the company. You hope they eventually reward him with a hot angle and a good long push. He has stayed mostly healthy too.

But you know, brass rings and Roman needs to look strong.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If i am fantasy booking Evolution. I go big or go home. Show can’t be seen as legit if you won’t book it legit.

Ronda vs Asuka: Champ vs Champ

Four Horsewomen Fatal 4 Way: winner gets a title shot of their choosing

Trish vs Ember Moon

Bliss vs Nikki Bella

Reactions: ColePens

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Long Island is a terrible place to do a PPV you need to sell out. Any number of other arenas in the Northeast I might actually make an attempt to go.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
The one official match of Bliss/Trish and the heavily rumors Ronda/Bella match is not going to sell tickets.

Disagree on this one; I pulled up Ticketmaster and Googled airline fare when they announced Bliss vs. Stratus.

If they’re playing the long game, this could be a good singles win for Stratus over a bad guy (who idolized her) to passively setup a money match in Toronto next year: Trish Stratus vs. Ronda Rousey for the title.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Roman Reigns is expected to hold the title for a long time. After Braun, it appears Drew McIntyre may be the next one to face Reigns

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
- Roman Reigns is expected to hold the title for a long time. After Braun, it appears Drew McIntyre may be the next one to face Reigns
Roman is going to main event Wrestlemania for the 5th year in a row, isn't he?

I hope the crowd shits all over it. Even more so if its Roman vs. Rock for the title.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
KO has been taking his lumps for the company. You hope they eventually reward him with a hot angle and a good long push. He has stayed mostly healthy too.

But you know, brass rings and Roman needs to look strong.
It pisses me off because I don't think there's a better talent on the roster overall. Mic work, in ring ability, selling etc.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It pisses me off because I don't think there's a better talent on the roster overall. Mic work, in ring ability, selling etc.

I'd put him top 5 for sure.

In terms of 'total packages' my top 5 would be: Rollins, Drew, Owens, DB and Joe. Not in order. All interchangeable. Bunch of dudes pushing to get into the top 5 like Styles, Wyatt, Cesaro, etc.

Owens is definitely in a rut but he had a pretty solid time on top so it's not the end of the world for me.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
The crowd ALWAYS ****s on Roman. You do not have to worry about them not doing it.
Oh I'm not.

What I'm worried about is if it really is going to be Roman vs. Rock, that they'll somehow try to make Rocky the heel out of all of it. Fans would resent Roman even more.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
KO's been mismanaged, clearly, but it seems as though Creative has dropped the ball on a number of talents these past few years.

Roode, Neville, KO, Wyatt, Ziggler, Rhodes, Strowman, Bayley, Asuka, plus others.

I get that, hey, you can't please everyone, but more often than not it's like Creative is barely pleasing ANYONE with the decisions they make. :laugh:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Oh I'm not.

What I'm worried about is if it really is going to be Roman vs. Rock, that they'll somehow try to make Rocky the heel out of all of it. Fans would resent Roman even more.

I kinda wanna see it happen though. It would be funny.

At that point, I would start to believe Vince is working us and knows what he is doing. Like, he is using Roman like that on purpose to piss us off and get us talking. But I have listened to too many podcasts to think he is that clever. He is just an old carny stuck in his old ways. They are a babyface territory after all (lol).

Reactions: I Eat Crow

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Disagree on this one; I pulled up Ticketmaster and Googled airline fare when they announced Bliss vs. Stratus.

If they’re playing the long game, this could be a good singles win for Stratus over a bad guy (who idolized her) to passively setup a money match in Toronto next year: Trish Stratus vs. Ronda Rousey for the title.

Well the show isn’t selling well, so it seems most people aren’t swayed by that match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad