Monthly News Thread (August 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Apparently the direction for Becky vs. Charlotte changed after the reactions, and now instead of there being a defined heel and face in the program, it'll be portrayed as two ex-friends having valid points at going against each other. Becky will be painted as more of an anti-hero now instead of heel.

So basically, the exact same thing we saw earlier with Sasha and Bayley, only this time there's an actual title involved? :help:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So basically, the exact same thing we saw earlier with Sasha and Bayley, only this time there's an actual title involved? :help:
Sasha and Bayley probably would've went further if they were actually fighting over something.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Apparently the direction for Becky vs. Charlotte changed after the reactions, and now instead of there being a defined heel and face in the program, it'll be portrayed as two ex-friends having valid points at going against each other. Becky will be painted as more of an anti-hero now instead of heel.

The WWE is....listening to its fans? What?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Except they won’t derail it with crappy comedy segments, and then leave them in a holding pattern waiting for Tag Belts. At least I hope not.

If they just let things keep going after Bayley best Sasha down, it would have been fine.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You have to hope their plan is for Becky to win the feud so Charlotte can go into the Rumble, win that, and move to RAW to challenge Ronda.

I absolutely do not want to see both women’s titles held up for the Charlotte/Ronda build.

Also keeping Becky back on the face side let’s them eventually do a feud with a heel Asuka for the belt, which could be fantastic.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I don't think they care about titles going back and forth. Charlotte will probably eventually be a 16 time champ.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oh, I agree, turn her then. Now, she should not be the face in her program with Becky and she should not go over.
I don't think she'll go over because they're also going to want her to match Ric's number of championship reigns.

It's hard to book under the auspices of an indeterminate real life event much less someone dying, but we all know Vince will go there and when he does, Charlotte would organically be a face anyways, so it doesn't matter that she would be a heel now.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- The WWE will return to Saudi Arabia on Friday November 2nd, just 5 days after their first ever all Women’s PPV.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
it's just such a shame that WWE essentially became propaganda for Saudi Arabia, and WWE is trying to sell themselves as pioneering the women's evolution but will take the money to act as a propaganda agent for SA. It's crazy.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
wonder what the plan is for Angle's return to the ring. Team Angle vs. Team Corbin would seem like a given if they don't force a Raw vs. SD match.

Angle, Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose & Balor vs. Corbin, Strowman, Ziggler, McIntyre & whatever other heel can slot in this spot, honestly idk

Reactions: tonyhawks77

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They were always going back.

On another note, Dave Meltzer on WOR said that the Evolution show is not selling very well, at least by what he expected, but at any rate it isn’t a hot seller considering they’re ‘making history’

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
On another note, Dave Meltzer on WOR said that the Evolution show is not selling very well, at least by what he expected, but at any rate it isn’t a hot seller considering they’re ‘making history’

I’d love for it to be successful, but it might have had too short of notice for a fly-in audience. In late-July, I’m already booked through October. By comparison, Shimmer runs the week before in October, and they announced that date 6 months out.

Just seems like a promotional misstep from the company that usually is good about those things.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’d love for it to be successful, but it might have had too short of notice for a fly-in audience. In late-July, I’m already booked through October. By comparison, Shimmer runs the week before in October, and they announced that date 6 months out.

Just seems like a promotional misstep from the company that usually is good about those things.

I don’t think they were looking at travelers putting it out at Nassau, just a big market with a lot of ticket brokers.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I’m not surprised it’s not selling well. The women have come a long way, but they still need more time to carry their own show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad