Monthly News Thread (August 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I like the graphics with the skulls they're using for HIAC. But that is one bad poster.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
this is official lol

8M9ZzQgvXqZK9bFSsK_F-6qgbeGz9kyLG9-1WLaopqo.jpg

Stop, no way!!! Lmfao

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Daniel Bryan and WWE have come to terms on a new contract, per the Wrestling Observer. The deal isn’t signed, but it’s a formality and should be done by the end of the week or early next week. Daniel Bryan revealed he had an option year in his previous contract that the WWE could of extended his deal an extra year, but they agreed to terms on a separate new deal. Bryan also said he would of left the WWE had they not cleared him to wrestle.

- Shawn Michaels is expected to come out of retirement, the working belief is he will be wrestling 1 or 2 matches. The current targeted date is the next Saudi Event in November. Speculation is it won’t be a Singles Match, so a tag match with Triple H is likely, possibly against Undertaker and Kane or another tag team.

It’s also speculated that Michaels could wrestle at WrestleMania 35, but the Saudi Event is more likely, however it could end up being both.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Just finished reading the Observer. Evolution has sold ~70% of their tickets so far.

Totally bummed I missed the Sami Callihan match where he broke all of the venue’s chairs and got called out over the PA to knock it off. :laugh:

Sounds like Scurll going long was a miscommunication where he thought the Bucks gave him permission to do his match as he wanted. I would’ve liked most of the first half sped up, but there’s no denying that he had everyone built up for that ending.

Good on the Young Bucks for cutting their planned material from the main event and keeping Bandito’s stuff. They’re stand-up guys.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
- Shawn Michaels is expected to come out of retirement, the working belief is he will be wrestling 1 or 2 matches. The current targeted date is the next Saudi Event in November. Speculation is it won’t be a Singles Match, so a tag match with Triple H is likely, possibly against Undertaker and Kane or another tag team.

It’s also speculated that Michaels could wrestle at WrestleMania 35, but the Saudi Event is more likely, however it could end up being both.
So on October 6 Undertaker and Triple H will face each other for the last time, until 27 days later when they meet in a tag match.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
If I was a prince or a king who legit likes wrestling ( as in I at least know that ultimate warrior and Yokozuna are dead) I would make such a crazy card knowing I can pick whoever I want.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If I was a prince or a king who legit likes wrestling ( as in I at least know that ultimate warrior and Yokozuna are dead) I would make such a crazy card knowing I can pick whoever I want.

Think they could force a title change? Or brand change?

Like, “We want Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor for the Universal Championship”

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Just finished reading the Observer. Evolution has sold ~70% of their tickets so far.

Totally bummed I missed the Sami Callihan match where he broke all of the venue’s chairs and got called out over the PA to knock it off. :laugh:

Sounds like Scurll going long was a miscommunication where he thought the Bucks gave him permission to do his match as he wanted. I would’ve liked most of the first half sped up, but there’s no denying that he had everyone built up for that ending.

Good on the Young Bucks for cutting their planned material from the main event and keeping Bandito’s stuff. They’re stand-up guys.

2500 of the 7000 they’ve sold were to ticket brokers too.

Ungood

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
- Daniel Bryan and WWE have come to terms on a new contract, per the Wrestling Observer. The deal isn’t signed, but it’s a formality and should be done by the end of the week or early next week. Daniel Bryan revealed he had an option year in his previous contract that the WWE could of extended his deal an extra year, but they agreed to terms on a separate new deal. Bryan also said he would of left the WWE had they not cleared him to wrestle.

f*** Vince and f*** the Saudis.

And honestly, f*** Shawn if he comes back for the Saudis.

Reactions: Fro

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I want to agree with you but what if someone said... hey taker and shawn, 500k and we will cover all expenses to wrestle one match in Saudi Arabia.

How the eff can you say no?

If you are Taker or Shawn, you likely do not even do it for the money. HBK has never been about the money. He would do it out of loyalty for Vince, I think.

I mean, yeah, if these princes give you 200M for a show, it is tough to say no, but it makes me very unconfortable.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I know we're all supposed to be proud of the women's "revolution" in WWE because they treated them like shit for so long, but it really doesn't surprise me that Evolution isn't selling out or anything. The women aren't that big of draws aside from Ronda. Not even the biggest female draw of the last decade (maybe longer?) could have helped sell this thing out (I'm talking about AJ Lee).

Oct 18, 2011
If you are Taker or Shawn, you likely do not even do it for the money. HBK has never been about the money. He would do it out of loyalty for Vince, I think.

I mean, yeah, if these princes give you 200M for a show, it is tough to say no, but it makes me very unconfortable.
Except HBK may have financial incentive, afterall he did uproot his family to be a coach in Orlando. No reasonable person should expect him to stay retired if he's potentially looking at 7 figures for two matches

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
I know we're all supposed to be proud of the women's "revolution" in WWE because they treated them like **** for so long, but it really doesn't surprise me that Evolution isn't selling out or anything. The women aren't that big of draws aside from Ronda. Not even the biggest female draw of the last decade (maybe longer?) could have helped sell this thing out (I'm talking about AJ Lee).

Don’t know that this is necessarily a fair assessment. They were banking on the brand for initial sales, not the individuals. The Observer says that “it will end up close to full” which is pretty good for a card that only named Match #2 on, what, Wednesday?

If they actually capitalize on Becky Lynch’s buzz instead of forcing the turn like it looked like they were going to do, they can produce something people want to see. It seemed like they missed the window at SummerSlam, but they have a second chance to build up to a Becky Lynch title win at Evolution as long as they play their cards right at Hell in a Cell. Hopefully the exodus before the Carmella/Flair/Lynch main event match last week inspired them to change their original plan.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I know we're all supposed to be proud of the women's "revolution" in WWE because they treated them like **** for so long, but it really doesn't surprise me that Evolution isn't selling out or anything. The women aren't that big of draws aside from Ronda. Not even the biggest female draw of the last decade (maybe longer?) could have helped sell this thing out (I'm talking about AJ Lee).

I personally feel they are still mistreated. It's almost embarrassing that each feud has to occur because one female was a friend of another females, and now they aren't. Everyone is a friend. That doesn't happen on the Men's side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->