Monthly News Thread (August 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
People are actually buying the silly rumor that Dream has heat backstage because of the "Call me up Vince" trunks. Meltzer shot it down perfectly by saying if they were really upset about it he never would've been allowed in front of a camera wearing them.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
People are actually buying the silly rumor that Dream has heat backstage because of the "Call me up Vince" trunks. Meltzer shot it down perfectly by saying if they were really upset about it he never would've been allowed in front of a camera wearing them.

im gonna make a twitter account that just posts "X wrestler has heat because Y"

ill have 100k followers pretty quickly

Reactions: sabremike

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If your base is big enough, you sure can. Just look at the Sandy Hook families with Alex Jones.

Sure but that simply isn't the case with Ventura so I don't see how it makes him anywhere close to Hogan's level of crapiness as a human.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Sure but that simply isn't the case with Ventura so I don't see how it makes him anywhere close to Hogan's level of crapiness as a human.
Here's Jesse in a nutshell: after Owen was killed he appeared on CNN with Bischoff and someone else. He tore apart WWE so viciously and savagely that Bischoff at one point actually stepped in and defended them (and this was at the height of the Monday Night War). A few months later he gets a big check and agrees to work for the company as the guest ref at SummerSlam.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Lita will be facing Asuka at the Evolution Event. The updated speculated card is below;

- RAW Women’s Championship: Ronda Rousey vs Nikki Bella
- Asuka vs Lita
- Alexa Bliss vs Trish Stratus
- Finals of Mae Young Classic
- SmackDown Women’s Championship Match
- TBD vs Michelle McCool

Reactions: quoipourquoi

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Damn they really going all in with the current Vs legends eh. Kills my interest tbh

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Erick Rowan suffered what appears to be a bicep injury at SummerSlam. He isn’t at today’s SD house show as he is getting the injury looked at. If he tore his bicep, he may need surgery and he and Harper would need to drop the titles

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
- Erick Rowan suffered what appears to be a bicep injury at SummerSlam. He isn’t at today’s SD house show as he is getting the injury looked at. If he tore his bicep, he may need surgery and he and Harper would need to drop the titles
Y'all ready for another tag tournament? PLAAAAYAAAA

Reactions: Cor

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Here's Jesse in a nutshell: after Owen was killed he appeared on CNN with Bischoff and someone else. He tore apart WWE so viciously and savagely that Bischoff at one point actually stepped in and defended them (and this was at the height of the Monday Night War). A few months later he gets a big check and agrees to work for the company as the guest ref at SummerSlam.

I'm not saying Ventura is a saint and doesn't have his contradictions but that is tame compared to Hogan's selfishness. That stuff only makes Ventura look like a fool rather than actually costing people their livelihoods.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
honestly, good, cause Harper should be having a solo singles run. I'm still baffled that they didn't add him to the title match at WM last year. It made too much sense.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Just let Harper venture off on his own for the love of god. This need to force Rowan onto him is baffling and they've been doing it for years.

Lol @ TBD vs Michelle McCool. Inb4 McCool squashes whoever she's facing in 1 minute ala Royal Rumble when she terrorized everyone. Also barf @ Nikki getting the title shot vs Ronda. I bet they're going to make Nikki look incredibly strong at that event, when in reality Ronda should beat her within the first minute.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Even if they weren't butchering this Evolution PPV, there wouldn't be more than 1 or 2 matches worth watching anyways.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You could absolutely book a NXT 5 match card that is really good with this roster.
I really don't think so. While the talent in the women's division is 100x better than it used to be, it's still utter garbage. They want to be on par with the men, but let's call a spade a spade, the best female talent, wouldn't be up to par with the jobbers in the men's division. It's not their fault either, due to decades of being overlooked, they simply haven't had the opportunities to do the same things as the men and thus it's not in within their abilities.

That's not even considering that outside Alexa Bliss, Nikki Cross and Ruby Riott, the women can't cut a half decent promo... I'd even argue that I'm being generous with Bliss and Riott being included. The build to that PPV will be even worse than the matches.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Becky can cut a better promo than any woman on the roster, FYI
Yeah, maybe, I guess we will see now that she's a heel but her promos have been pretty stale since I started watching again. But I did almost include her on my list.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Damn they really going all in with the current Vs legends eh. Kills my interest tbh
They're trying to get names people might recognize during times when more people were watching. This is otherwise a hardcores-only PPV.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
They're trying to get names people might recognize during times when more people were watching. This is otherwise a hardcores-only PPV.

I know why theyre doing it, I just think it will make the final product less good. but the whole thing was gonna be a cringefest no matter what, im sure

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
this is Kairi, Trent and Tyler's twitter headers

JXxUZCp.jpg

now I want Pete Dunne to find all three of them backstage playing with pirate toys and he just shakes his head lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I know why theyre doing it, I just think it will make the final product less good. but the whole thing was gonna be a cringefest no matter what, im sure

They’re not as concerned with how great they can make the show as they are with getting people to watch and yell as loud as possible about how it’s actually taking place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad