Monthly News Thread (August 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Wonder if we see any callups to the main roster following Summerslam, always good to see the callups from NXT.

Prior to the injury to Black, I believed that whoever kept the title would stay in NXT until April, and the other two would be going to the main roster.

Now, I would say it's likely they all stay, with possible Rumble debuts in January.

jericho revealed he pitch to vince IWGP IC title vs WWE IC title with Rollins at Summerslam.

That sounds something the fans would want to see, so no

Reactions: Fro

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I can’t imagine NJPW would be cool with that especially since Jericho would have to lose.

Hogan wasn’t concerned about the brotherhood when he tatted everyone out to Vince when they tried to unionize.

Wrestlers today have made themselves more accessible. There’s probably more of a ‘brotherhood’ today than there was then

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I can’t imagine NJPW would be cool with that especially since Jericho would have to lose.

I read that Jericho pitched a DQ finish in Rollins favour. Rollins gets the win, but Jericho gets to be a heat magnet

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Rumor is Summerslam will be in Toronto next year. Wonder if they are gonna move it around again or Toronto will have it for multiple years?

Reactions: Cor

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Rumor is Summerslam will be in Toronto next year. Wonder if they are gonna move it around again or Toronto will have it for multiple years?
I wonder if it is something they could make an outdoor event too. BMO field would be an interesting venue, it's not WM sized, but 35-40k for Summer Slam would be great. It's also small enough they could try Takeover outdoors too, since the Summer Slam Takeover is their WM.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I wonder if it is something they could make an outdoor event too. BMO field would be an interesting venue, it's not WM sized, but 35-40k for Summer Slam would be great. It's also small enough they could try Takeover outdoors too, since the Summer Slam Takeover is their WM.
Not sure if that capacity will make it financially worth it for WWE to spend money setting the stage up outdoors. Unless I am mistaken, these logistics cost less indoors.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Dolph Ziggler was asked about his contract status at a Be A Star event yesterday. He said we'll have to see what happens Sunday or Monday, and that he has heard that his contract is expiring soon, but he also has heard multiple times that he had signed extensions, and that he hasn't. The reporter asked Dolph if he was giving him a "No Comment" and Dolph replied with; "I’m giving you a comment. I’ve been doing some great work and looking forward to doing what I do and Sunday or Monday, we’ll see what direction we’re heading in afterwards"

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Bolea sounds demented honestly. He's losing it upstairs. Sad to see a bit. No excuse for spouting racist remarks and the mentality of "if you didn't accept my bull**** apology, you're against me". I hope he gets booed if he comes back on TV.

This is pretty much par for the course with Hogan practically has entire time since becoming the man. Everything he says is pretty much through the lens of how it affects him and that's it.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Regarding Hogan.... the more people talk about him,, the more attention he gets. This is entertainment and as long as people are still talking about him, he's still a star. The best think the anti-Hogan crowd can do, is shut up and let him fade away into obscurity.

Reactions: Fro

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Unless it's in Ottawa.

You know what’s funny?

When the Leafs play in Ottawa literally thousands of people drive 5 hours to watch the game, but then people who live in Ottawa complain about driving 25 minutes to the arena for any other game.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Rey Mysterio and the WWE have seemingly finally agreed to a contract. Rey Mysterio has been pulled from the August 24th Northwest Wrestling Event. In their announcement, the company said Rey could no longer attend due to his contract situation with the WWE.

Rey has not been pulled from the All In Event, so it appears he got the WWE to allow him to work that event

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Wade Keller told a story about how after WM28 when The Miz found out the writers weren't invited to the WM28 after party, Miz and Maryse (Maryse also wasn't invited to the after party) bought all of the creative team dinner and Miz didn't attend the party either.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Regarding Hogan.... the more people talk about him,, the more attention he gets. This is entertainment and as long as people are still talking about him, he's still a star. The best think the anti-Hogan crowd can do, is shut up and let him fade away into obscurity.

I disagree. One, not talking about Hogan isn't the only way to let him fade away into obscurity. Talking about that stuff to where his brand morphs into something so toxic that no one will want to touch him is a way to make him fade away as well. Two, ignoring it only enables the concept that famous people are allowed to be racist without suffering consequences or at the very least it's cowardly not to shine a light on that kind of stuff even if you think talking about it gives him a net positive with the attention he gets. Getting attention isn't by default always good for entertainers.

Reactions: BonMorrison

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Wade Keller told a story about how after WM28 when The Miz found out the writers weren't invited to the WM28 after party, Miz and Maryse (Maryse also wasn't invited to the after party) bought all of the creative team dinner and Miz didn't attend the party either.

Everytime you hear about Miz out of character, he seems like a really awesome person. He's really matured from his early days. I think he doesn't get the credit that he deserves for his whole body of work.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
posted in the spoiler thread, but WWE has now made it official

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden