Monthly News Thread (August 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Apollo Crews may be in line for a singles push and Dana Brooke would be his manager when he goes solo.

- Rumoured top matches for HIAC are Styles/Joe, Strowman/Reigns, Orton/Hardy, Ambrose-Rollins/McIntyre-Ziggler

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
\o/ Crews push :D.

I still really like him. I was robbed of an NXT title run with his early call up, so I'll take a world title run as compensation!

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I thought they were setting up a romance angle with Crews and Dana yesterday.

Turns out it's a Crews push and that's much, much worse.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I really don't think so. While the talent in the women's division is 100x better than it used to be, it's still utter garbage. They want to be on par with the men, but let's call a spade a spade, the best female talent, wouldn't be up to par with the jobbers in the men's division. It's not their fault either, due to decades of being overlooked, they simply haven't had the opportunities to do the same things as the men and thus it's not in within their abilities.

That's not even considering that outside Alexa Bliss, Nikki Cross and Ruby Riott, the women can't cut a half decent promo... I'd even argue that I'm being generous with Bliss and Riott being included. The build to that PPV will be even worse than the matches.

You aren’t paying attention if you think the women can’t work at a high level.

Reactions: garnetpalmetto

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
On the next UK show taping they are having a tournament for the women's title. Announced names are:

Toni Storm
Jinny
Dakota Kai
Rhea Ripley
Xia Brookside
Isla Dawn
Millie McKenzie
Nina Samuels

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I didn't know Millie McKenzie was part of NXT UK, that's awesome. Hope we see some Bruisermates one day

Toni Storm has to be winning tho right?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know. If she wins the Mae Young Classic, I don't know if they'd have the same person win two tournaments.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I didn't know Millie McKenzie was part of NXT UK, that's awesome. Hope we see some Bruisermates one day

Toni Storm has to be winning tho right?
Millie isn't signed to a contract, so she's probably not going to be featured much. She's only 18, so too young for WWE to sign, and only been wrestling a year or so. But she's obviously on their radar if they're bringing her in for multiple tapings now. Being tag partners with the current UK champion probably helps lol, that team is way better than it first sounded when my mate told me about it.

And ya, I'm expecting her to win.

EDIT: I don't think Xia Brookside is signed to a contract either. She's young too (19).

Last edited:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't know. If she wins the Mae Young Classic, I don't know if they'd have the same person win two tournaments.
I wouldn't be against her winning both. But I'd expect the winner of the Classic to be a signed full time to NXT, which would rule her out.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wouldn't be against her winning both. But I'd expect the winner of the Classic to be a signed full time to NXT, which would rule her out.
Believe they have Toni signed. Could be wrong.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Erick Rowan tore his bicep, and will be having surgery on it later this week. However he is backstage at SmackDown and may be working the title match tonight and get written off.

In my opinion, they should have Sanity attack Rowan backstage at the beginning of the night. Have Paige reveal Rowan is significantly injured and need surgery. Have Paige refuse to reward Sanity, and have The Bar face New Day in the main event match to determine new champions.

And of course, have Sanity blow that match up as well.

Reactions: Chytil

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Believe they have Toni signed. Could be wrong.
She's only signed to a part-time UK contract. Opposed to a full time NXT contract where she'd work at the Performance Centre in Florida.

I'd think they'd want the winner of the Classic to be someone they can have on NXT TV full time, and go on NXT house show tours. A UK based wrestler isn't ideal for that.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
- Erick Rowan tore his bicep, and will be having surgery on it later this week. However he is backstage at SmackDown and may be working the title match tonight and get written off.

Poor Harper, gonna be left off t.v for the next 4 months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad