Monthly News Thread (August 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Only briefly alluded to the fact that what he said was misinterpreted and kept the focus on what he saw as the most important things: the feelings of Peyton Royce, the pressures that women in the entertainment industry are under, and how everyone (himself included) needs to be more conscience of this when speaking.

If it was me, I’d be digging in my heels trying to make sure everyone knew what I really meant, but that’s a good half-hour of Meltzer saying that it doesn’t matter what is meant but how the other person interprets it. He’s good people.

Only WWE sycophants could somehow spin that the company pressuring women to get breast implants retroactively stands up to body shaming.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Enzo apparently did an interview recently and said he'd never wrestle again in a million years, no matter how much money he was offered.

First off, wrestling fans everywhere thank you for that. Secondly, just kinda goes to show Simon Gotch wasn't lying when he said that Enzo was fake as f***.
I just listened to a Simon Gotch shoot interview where he rips Enzo for his lack of knowledge of wrestling in general and for being an all around tool. He talked about the injury Ezno suffered at Payback 2016 and said it was a spot that Enzo did all the time where he gets whipped in the ropes and hooks his arm on the bottom rope to make it look really painful, only this time, Enzo actually botched it and KO'd himself. That's why nobody threw up the X right away because they just thought he was selling it.

I actually just went back into that Payback 2016 thread and this board had a much different opinion of Enzo at that time.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
the Elias show in New YOrk city at Gramercy city has been cancelled. (instead we get it at...... sumerslam)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Only briefly alluded to the fact that what he said was misinterpreted and kept the focus on what he saw as the most important things: the feelings of Peyton Royce, the pressures that women in the entertainment industry are under, and how everyone (himself included) needs to be more conscience of this when speaking.

If it was me, I’d be digging in my heels trying to make sure everyone knew what I really meant, but that’s a good half-hour of Meltzer saying that it doesn’t matter what is meant but how the other person interprets it. He’s good people.
Bryan Alvarez did it. He was the one who originally suggested the comment and sort of put the words in Dave's mouth and didn't seem to have much in the way of guilt regarding the situation even though his voice is on there. Just that this was way bigger than it should've been, and in addition to that the double standard that exists in relation to WWE, and has been pointed out in here.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Video/gif maker Tri.Moon passed away. He was very talented and made a lot of stuff that became popular. The Vince McMahon/Gary Strydom gif was his creation.

I think his WCW Desire video is his best:

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris Cutter

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Matt Hardy's taking time off for his injuries and his in-ring career may be over. Hardy/Wyatt as a team was officially blown off on Raw, and Matt's going to start shadowing producers so he can do that role in the company when he returns from rehab if he can't wrestle after that's complete.

Matt as a producer would be fun. He's very creative.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I hate to be "that guy" who tells a person when, and when not to retire but i think it's time for Matt to take on a different role.

It's crazy how banged up he is in comparison to Jeff... Jeff was the guy who took the insane bumps out of the two and he's still going strong.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Wonder where that leaves Wyatt, seeing as how Creative has tried and failed multiple times to push him for any significant length of time. Aside from the one title run he almost never comes out on top in any feud.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Wonder where that leaves Wyatt, seeing as how Creative has tried and failed multiple times to push him for any significant length of time. Aside from the one title run he almost never comes out on top in any feud.
He tweeted the other day that he's looking for some new entrance music, I believe. Could be a re-package?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
He tweeted the other day that he's looking for some new entrance music, I believe. Could be a re-package?

Funny how Harper, Rowan, and even Strowman are all further ahead in their development (thanks to Creative), than Wyatt is now, after he was the one who started the whole thing. :help::laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- WWE is reportedly planning on doing the HorseWomen vs HorseWomen match at Survivor Series and there will likely be some sort of angle at the Evolution PPV as wel

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Funny how Harper, Rowan, and even Strowman are all further ahead in their development (thanks to Creative), than Wyatt is now, after he was the one who started the whole thing. :help::laugh:
It's honestly f***ing sad.

I remember being in the stands at WM30 and watching Cena go through Harper, Rowan and eventually pinning Wyatt. Talk about the life being sucked out of the arena, haha. There's no excuse for Wyatt not to win that match.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It's honestly ****ing sad.

I remember being in the stands at WM30 and watching Cena go through Harper, Rowan and eventually pinning Wyatt. Talk about the life being sucked out of the arena, haha. There's no excuse for Wyatt not to win that match.

Well he lost his feud with Cena, he lost his feud with Orton, he lost his feud with Daniel Bryan, he lost his feud with Undertaker, how many others are there? His potential skyrocketed when he switched from Husky Harris to Bray, but for whatever reason Creative continues jerking him around and keeping him from being a constant main event draw.

Hell, Bo ****ing Dallas is getting a bigger push now. Makes zero sense. :laugh:

What's next, are they going to stick him with some comedy gimmick, have him join the B-Team as Bo's dim-witted brother?

Shades of Lord Tensai/Brodus Clay, and the trainwreck that ensued there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad