WWE: Monday Night Raw 203: Goldberg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I doubt we see Andrade take Mysterio's mask.

Rey has said before he wants eventually for Dominick to wear the mask. He wants a match with Dominick where he loses and he passes the mask on.

I think we'll see like a Last Man Standing match between the two, where Andrade destroys him.

again. when you lose your mask, your opponent keeps it as trophy... the one you're wearing. thats it.
the loser's mask/gimmick can still be passed to your son(s) after. even if you lost it already.

(Andrade can win the mask and he keeps it on display with his belts. But Rey can still give it to Dominic after. (rey will be the one who's not allowed to wear it anymore))

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
again. when you lose your mask, your opponent keeps it as trophy... the one you're wearing. thats it.
the loser's mask/gimmick can still be passed to your son(s) after. even if you lost it already.

(Andrade can win the mask and he keeps it on display with his belts. But Rey can still give it to Dominic after. (rey will be the one who's not allowed to wear it anymore))

Yes, I understand.

But Rey wants to do the passing in a match. So he can't lose it before because he needs to be able to wear it during his match with Dominick.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
didn’t rey straight have to go to officials in Mexico or something to be allowed to wear his mask again after WCW unmasked him? lol I don’t just think he can lose it to Dominic and Dominic can start wearing it as his own

plus we’ve all seen Dominic unmasked anyways and his regular face, idk, doesn’t make much sense to me considering how strict and prestigious they are

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Stone Cold to talk........ about Brock vs Seth...... on skype?? ..... ok.

This is also weird.

I'm assuming it's just a segment so they can push Steve Austin's new show that is premiering on USA, and it's always good to see Steve Austin, but forced segment feels forced lol

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
there are many wrestlers that have lost the mask and then just start new masked gimmick.
so its not that big of a secret this days whos behind it. specially with 3rd, 4th generation wrestlers.

dont remember how it went in mexico but it was weird.
you had masked Rey and unmasked Psychosis while in the USA it was the other way around.

but like i said. lots of those wrestlers get the gimmick and mask even after dad lost it.
thats what they need to do with Andrade and Dominic.
Let Andrade win.
Let Rey pass "his name and mask" to his son and hope that hes really good.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
there are many wrestlers that have lost the mask and then just start new masked gimmick.
so its not that big of a secret this days whos behind it. specially with 3rd, 4th generation wrestlers.

dont remember how it went in mexico but it was weird.
you had masked Rey and unmasked Psychosis while in the USA it was the other way around.

but like i said. lots of those wrestlers get the gimmick and mask even after dad lost it.
thats what they need to do with Andrade and Dominic.
Let Andrade win.
Let Rey pass "his name and mask" to his son and hope that hes really good.

Rey will put over Andrade 100 times, but I doubt he's going to give up the match he wants to have with his son, just so the WWE can do a shock angle that won't matter in a month.

Do a Last Man Standing, or an I Quit match. Have Andrade destroy Rey. Have it get to the point where another face or two run out, and Andrade destroys them too.

A Hair vs Mask match is unneeded, and Rey probably wouldn't do it anyway, given how he's said he wants to pass the mask down through a match with Dominick.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
ok got some time to kill so quick rundown of how I book Wyatt moving forward:

first, Harper returns tonight & starts getting some wins

- Miz beats Ziggler, Fiend targets Miz after & lays him out. Fiend continues terrorizing Miz while FFH Wyatt talks about how much of a role model Miz is for changing his outlook on life & being such a great father, as Wyatt himself cares about children just as much (flash to kids looking stone faced in the FFH)

- Fiend over Miz @ Clash.

- Zayn talks shit, and FFH Wyatt appears live instead with the heal glove. He tries healing Zayn, who is scared obvs & backs off. FFH Wyatt reveals he’s giving Zayn one last chance to repent, which he doesn’t take, Fiend comes out and destroys Zayn.

- Harper, with wins on his side, is confronted by FFH Wyatt. Wyatt wants to heal Harper & bring him to the funhouse. Harper refuses, Fiend kills him next. Harper can take time off & go to FS1 NXT after.

- meanwhile on SD on the build to Survivor Series, Lesnar is champ now. Orton/Kofi battle for no.1 contendership, but with the SD vs. Raw theme to SS, FFH Wyatt appears costing Orton. Wyatt gives Orton a chance to repent for the downward spiral he sent him on & apologize for his sins, burning down the compound abby lived in, etc & even inviting him to the funhouse to personally apologize to abby the witch - no dice from Randy. FFH Wyatt gives him repeated opportunities until he challenges Randy at SS on the fiend’s behalf. Fiend disposes of Randy easily at SS.

- Undertaker appears on the build to the Rumble, saying he’s entering the match. Fiend appears in-ring and lays him out. FFH Wyatt praises Taker as the phenom, the GOAT... but the man who wronged him and needs to pay. Taker accepts a match with the fiend, despite also announcing entering the Rumble. Fiend over Taker at Rumble, so bad that Taker can’t even enter the match. Fiend takes the spot & wins.

- Fiend terrorizes the champ, probably Seth. Fiend over Seth at WM.

just a quick little thing off the top of my head.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
im arguing the same thing in the last 3 posts and i know you understand. but wanting to give him the mask doest not mean that he has to lose it to Dominik or that he takes it off his head to give it to him.

for real i prefer WWE not touching this kind of matches. (maks vs mask/hair)
but i dont hate the idea of Andrade "taking out" rey for good.
im hoping we get a fake "Ingobernables" going on with Andrade/Zelina, Garza, Carrillo, hijo de Fantasma (they were all part of it. except Carrillo but he's Garza's cousin so lets go) and then build something around that (they all kill Rey and Dominic eventually comes with the mask for revenge) (but we're years from that since Fantasma hasnt even started)

speaking of masks. i just literally found out how Garza Jr. lost his mask.... holy shit. lol.
he went to "The Bachelor" and they just revealed his face at the end lmao.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell

- Miz beats Ziggler, Fiend targets Miz after & lays him out. Fiend continues terrorizing Miz while FFH Wyatt talks about how much of a role model Miz is for changing his outlook on life & being such a great father, as Wyatt himself cares about children just as much (flash to kids looking stone faced in the FFH)

- Zayn talks ****, and FFH Wyatt appears live instead with the heal glove. He tries healing Zayn, who is scared obvs & backs off. FFH Wyatt reveals he’s giving Zayn one last chance to repent, which he doesn’t take, Fiend comes out and destroys Zayn.

- Harper, with wins on his side, is confronted by FFH Wyatt. Wyatt wants to heal Harper & bring him to the funhouse. Harper refuses, Fiend kills him next. Harper can take time off & go to FS1 NXT after.

- meanwhile on SD on the build to Survivor Series, Lesnar is champ now. Orton/Kofi battle for no.1 contendership, but with the SD vs. Raw theme to SS, FFH Wyatt appears costing Orton. Wyatt gives Orton a chance to repent for the downward spiral he sent him on & apologize for his sins, burning down the compound abby lived in, etc & even inviting him to the funhouse to personally apologize to abby the witch - no dice from Randy. FFH Wyatt gives him repeated opportunities until he challenges Randy at SS on the fiend’s behalf. Fiend disposes of Randy easily at SS.

- Undertaker appears on the build to the Rumble, saying he’s entering the match. Fiend appears in-ring and lays him out. FFH Wyatt praises Taker as the phenom, the GOAT... but the man who wronged him and needs to pay. Taker accepts a match with the fiend, despite also announcing entering the Rumble. Fiend over Taker at Rumble, so bad that Taker can’t even enter the match. Fiend takes the spot & wins.

And thats how you build the fiend.
although I agree he shouldnt win at Mania. If he does he needs to hold it for a while. I could see him using the old Family vs Shield feud in a Seth storyline build up as well.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

- Zayn talks ****, and FFH Wyatt appears live instead with the heal glove. He tries healing Zayn, who is scared obvs & backs off. FFH Wyatt reveals he’s giving Zayn one last chance to repent, which he doesn’t take, Fiend comes out and destroys Zayn.

Not good, imo. Bray's character should be outside the box and not given the run-of-the-mill build to a coronation stuff. There's nothing built having Bray go after Miz or Zayn. It's just a waste of time.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
And thats how you build the fiend.
although I agree he shouldnt win at Mania. If he does he needs to hold it for a while. I could see him using the old Family vs Shield feud in a Seth storyline build up as well.
Fiend would be undefeated for a long ass time in my scenario. I would have made him undefeated when he first made his debut & absolutely dominant, if I could book it i’d do the same for the fiend.

the only person who would beat him is a young, franchise player - someone like Velveteen down the road.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I want The Fiend to close the first show on FOX by taking out whatever big legend they have on that show for the SmackDown anniversary thing.

Imagine if WWE gets The Rock to appear like they want, and Bray ends the show by putting the CLAW on him lmao

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I want The Fiend to close the first show on FOX by taking out whatever big legend they have on that show for the SmackDown anniversary thing.

Imagine if WWE gets The Rock to appear like they want, and Bray ends the show by putting the CLAW on him lmao

Box office Dwayne isn’t putting anyone over again.

Better off hoping Taker or even Cena does that.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Not good, imo. Bray's character should be outside the box and not given the run-of-the-mill build to a coronation stuff. There's nothing built having Bray go after Miz or Zayn. It's just a waste of time.
well just like I don’t think it’s good to hot shot the title onto him TONIGHT & not give him a chance to flesh out the other side of his character and the “heal” aspect, we’ll just have to agree to disagree

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Rock isn't putting anyone over any time soon like that. If Bray did that to Rock, you might as well start the countdown to when the Fiend is dead at Wrestlemania.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
well just like I don’t think it’s good to hot shot the title onto him TONIGHT & not give him a chance to flesh out the other side of his character and the “heal” aspect, we’ll just have to agree to disagree

You could build it to Clash of Champions if you wanted to but it wouldn't have the same impact. Like do you want to make this character meaningful or do you want to treat it like you would anyone that is even remotely warm when it comes to fan response?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You could build it to Clash of Champions if you wanted to but it wouldn't have the same impact. Like do you want to make this character meaningful or do you want to treat it like you would anyone that is even remotely warm when it comes to fan response?

It’s a monster gimmick basically. Once he has to start to sell and eventually lose, the gimmick loses a ton of steam.

It’s always been the issue with Bray. Monster gimmicks have a shelf life, you need to know when to pull the trigger while they are hot (if built right) then know when to jump off.

They never knew when to pull the trigger on Bray before he ran out of steam.

Reactions: BruinDust

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I've got a technical question on names.

The current Rey Mysterio is actually Rey Mysterio Jr, he's just not called that in WWE (because Vince).
His uncle is Rey Mysterio Sr., who added the Sr. bit when Jr. took the name.
And there's already a El Hijo de Rey Mysterio, who is the actual son of Sr. and cousin of Jr. (Jr. may have already been using the name when he was born).

So what name do you give Dominick, assuming he'll be a 'Rey Mysterio'? Does Jr. just drop the Jr. and then Dominick uses Jr.? Do you go 'Rey Mysterio III'? Or something else?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I rarely agree with hot shotting the title on someone.

there’s a lot to flesh out with his character fiend and hurt/heal wise that they can build it to WM until he wins the belt & then starts targeting his challengers because most are afraid to step to the fiend. and it’ll all be a build for the next top face to dethrone him, in my scenario: Velveteen.

then Wyatt refocuses & tweaks it before it gets stale after his first loss.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I've got a technical question on names.

The current Rey Mysterio is actually Rey Mysterio Jr, he's just not called that in WWE (because Vince).
His uncle is Rey Mysterio Sr., who added the Sr. bit when Jr. took the name.
And there's already a El Hijo de Rey Mysterio, who is the actual son of Sr. and cousin of Jr. (Jr. may have already been using the name when he was born).

So what name do you give Dominick, assuming he'll be a 'Rey Mysterio'? Does Jr. just drop the Jr. and then Dominick uses Jr.? Do you go 'Rey Mysterio III'? Or something else?

in mexico they would probably go with "Hijo De Rey Mysterio jr"
but at the end of 2018, Rey filed for the trademark: "Principe Mysterio" which might be the final answer.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Fiend would be undefeated for a long ass time in my scenario. I would have made him undefeated when he first made his debut & absolutely dominant, if I could book it i’d do the same for the fiend.

the only person who would beat him is a young, franchise player - someone like Velveteen down the road.
Somepne the fans actually want to conquer the odds.
Hell, maybe even Roman if they ever book him right.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I rarely agree with hot shotting the title on someone.

there’s a lot to flesh out with his character fiend and hurt/heal wise that they can build it to WM until he wins the belt & then starts targeting his challengers because most are afraid to step to the fiend. and it’ll all be a build for the next top face to dethrone him, in my scenario: Velveteen.

then Wyatt refocuses & tweaks it before it gets stale after his first loss.

I normally don't want to hotshot someone to the title either but circumstances are at play here that make that probably the best option for everyone involved. Seth is an abysmal champion that is not the right guy for them to go with as their landscape shifts with competition and a new network involved now. I don't think the title will prevent him from fleshing out his character. All the things you talk about from a character development side can be done while he is champion as well. Velveteen can still be the ultimate payoff but keeping Seth as champion until Mania is a disaster for the company. I just don't see someone else that is a good option to take the title off him and I can't see anyone who it would do more for or even do a good amount.

And honestly, it's about time that Raw had something sudden like a title change on Raw. They haven't done a real 1-on-1 title switch in 18 years on Raw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad