Proposal: MTL - STL

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
I’d prefer to take the pick and see what’s available with our pick. If Lindstrom/Demidov/Iginla is there I’d rather grab one of them than trade for Kyrou

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Debrincat had 2 40 goal season and was 2 years younger. At the same time moving up from a 7th to a 5th would cost you a 2nd and 3rd. Not really interested in kyrou and idk why st Louis would want to trade him but just my 2 cent.
His contract was also much shorter.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Its an interesting proposal. Depending on who is available at #5 i would consider this from Habs pov.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
i think the habs take that. hughes has shown he's willing to trade picks for young players. it gives the habs two good options at center. blues should ask for more.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
i think the habs take that. hughes has shown he's willing to trade picks for young players. it gives the habs two good options at center. blues should ask for more.
We already have Suzuki and Dach... I'm not sure how adding a winger improves our options at centre. For sure I would consider this deal though. The Blues ask for more and we end the discussion.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
We already have Suzuki and Dach... I'm not sure how adding a winger improves our options at centre. For sure I would consider this deal though. The Blues ask for more and we end the discussion.

my bad. still great value for the habs but they could really use another strong center. i dont see dach or newhook as that guy.

blues had a bad season. they could reset. the really dont need to move kyrou unless they get a great deal.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
my bad. still great value for the habs but they could really use another strong center. i dont see dach or newhook as that guy.

blues had a bad season. they could reset. the really dont need to move kyrou unless they get a great deal.
I see Kyrou as a winger, personally, but that's beside the point. It's a deal that I would consider, but not one I'd be eager to make either. It really depends who's available at that pick. I wouldn't make the deal today; MAYBE on the draft floor. Then again, I'd be happy keeping our pick too.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
I see Kyrou as a winger, personally, but that's beside the point. It's a deal that I would consider, but not one I'd be eager to make either. It really depends who's available at that pick. I wouldn't make the deal today; MAYBE on the draft floor. Then again, I'd be happy keeping our pick too.
no way habs move their pick prior to the lottery. i think the habs do that trade afterwards. fits hughes m.o since he also traded 1sts for dach and newhook.

Reactions: HabsQC

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Kyrou is 26 next season. Personally I think Habs can find a 60-70 pt winger who's 7-8 years younger with the 5th pick.
I'm not making that deal
His contract takes him to 33, which is getting up there in age as well as having an NTC.

So if his production becomes a pedestrian 50 point seasons, we're stuck with him.

I like Z or Mercer trade much more.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Habs: Jordan Kyrou
Blues: 5th overall 2024

Cap aside - how’s the value?

St-Louis needs to tear it down, not enough high end pieces in the system. Habs looking to make a newhook/dach type trade.
I'd like to give this poster props for a big trade that I, as a hab fan don't think is bad at all.

To me, Kyrou is what he is and that's a pretty damn good player.

To me, who the Habs would be looking at in terms of forwards are Demidov, Lindstrom, Iginla.

Demidov has the potential to be a game changer, something Kyrou isn't. While that potential game changing ability is there, there's obviously the possibility he fizzles out and becomes nothing close to Kyrou.

Lindstrom seems to be either a big, power forward centre, or winger projected to bring a little less points than Kyrou, but as many, possibly more goals and the type of player you want for the playoffs.

Iginla could be like Kyrou, with a big more jam to his game and a better scorer.

The possibility is there for all those players to suck major ass and be nothing, those projections are from what I've read about those players.

Their ceiling is either equal to, or higher than Kyrou's that's pretty much the only reason I say no.

If Montreal's team was a bit better and they had a game breaker and needed to add good depth, I'd do this in a heart beat assuming their current good players weren't all small players.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

Surely you're not thinking Kyrou is a center?
I don't know much about Kyrou so my first question is, is he a soft player? His stats say yes.

EDIT...and why trade away our pick and not sign Reinhart to 9 million?

He "can" be soft but this past year he took major steps in fuly developing his game. Much better defensively and much much better board work. He's not perfect but he has definitely shown the wilingness to work on weaknesses.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Surely you're not thinking Kyrou is a center?
If he isn't, then in my opinion he's less valuable for us.

We need a top 2C in order to better balance our offense. We got Dach and Newhook, they are good but I rather have a more another 2C because Dach injury history is a concern.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I like Kyrou but I would rather make the pick or try and go even bigger if we're moving that pick. Now if we could discuss Robert Thomas....

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
no way habs move their pick prior to the lottery. i think the habs do that trade afterwards. fits hughes m.o since he also traded 1sts for dach and newhook.
5th overall might be a bit different than 12th and 27th though (I might be off by a pick or two but still). I would be far from shocked if a trade like that happened again this summer, actually would be kinda shocked if one didn't, but I think it's more likely the Winnipeg 1st + a young defenceman for a forward

Reactions: Fandangle

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Rather have the 5th pick.

I would be asking for more for Kyrou.

DeBrincat returned a 7th, 39th, and a 3rd
You do realize for a team for move up to 5th even from 7th they would minimum be giving that 39th and 3rd round pick right?

Rather have the 5th.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I don't know much about Kyrou so my first question is, is he a soft player? His stats say yes.

EDIT...and why trade away our pick and not sign Reinhart to 9 million?
Not sure if I'd do Reinhart but if we could grab Guentzel for around this number I would much rather do that and just pick the best forward available at 5 or even trade down to 7/8 if there's a decent deal there

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Not sure if I'd do Reinhart but if we could grab Guentzel for around this number I would much rather do that and just pick the best forward available at 5 or even trade down to 7/8 if there's a decent deal there
9x7 is what Guentzal going to cost and at 29, a little too late for a lot of money.

Reinhart is only 1 year younger.. Same thing on age. Which will age better?

Neither is ideal for our march into contention, but they do give us a short term boost into it.

Blueswin

Jun 13, 2021
Blues don't want to trade him. The Blues are not tearing down. But the Blues do need future help on def. If I could pick between Kyrou or Debrincat I am picking Kyrou all day long.

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad