WWE: Monday Night Raw 203: Goldberg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
I don’t think you hotshot Fiend either.

they have a chance to make it right with one of the best talents, & a top talker in the game once again.

he should run through guys who can take losses: Miz, Zayn, Corbin, Harper (pls bring him back), Ricochet... Undertaker should also put him over. He should only be appearing sporadically live, mainly appearing weekly in the funhouse as the “regular” but clearly deranged Wyatt.

build up to a Rumble win & a collision course with whoever the champ is, prob Seth, and have Wyatt win.

he should be absolutely undefeated for a long time, even if the title is his for a long time imo. the dude is legit as hell and downright terrifying. I don’t think you burn a fiend loss on the demon not even a year after he’s back from his repackaging, especially considering there’s more longevity in the fiend than there is Balor/demon in general due to the age difference and number of injuries Finn has had.
I personally hope we don’t get a long Seth reign unless he turns heel. He’s a great performer but his previous run got stale very fast. Wasn’t entirely his fault though getting force fed Corbin.

If they gave heel Balor a run as champ, then it’d be the perfect way for the Fiend to beat the Demon. I agree with keeping his appearances sporadic, weekly would totally kill his gimmick, imo.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
because you don’t have a chance to flesh things out more.

him asserting his dominance as the fiend even more, him showing his more “human” side by giving those who have done wrong a chance to repent for their sins as he tries to “heal” them before he “hurts” them as the fiend because they resist.

I don’t believe in hot shotting, especially here as credible as Wyatt is already. Everything changes course when people start chasing him because he’s champ rather than him targeting and tormenting his own victims.

a nice build, Rumble win & WM title win is the path I go with imho and there’s nothing in my mind that will change it.

Sure you do it's just not going to happen in a traditional manner because this isn't a traditional character to develop. He can do all those things as champion which would be unique considering the WWE's past with heel champions much less demonic characters they've had before. A champion that targets and torments his own victims is possible and interesting. You can't really do a nice build with Wyatt based off this dynamic. In fact, I think it's the worst thing to do because that's not what it is about. His time for that should be sudden and it should be quick and powerful. A Rumble win and a WM is way too traditional and way too cliche for this sort of gimmick. Put him front and center against Rollins and either have him win it tonight or at Clash of Champions. Too many times they've gotten money characters only to drag them out with meaningless feuds that kill their momentum and lose their luster.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
What would be wrong with hotshotting Fiend into a title run? I don't see what good it does having him run through those guys when he can just run through Rollins and take care of two things at the same time. Getting the title off of Rollins and really putting over how dominant and intimidating the Fiend is. All those guys you listed except for Harper would be a waste of his time including and especially The Undertaker.

To me what makes Wyatt so good is he's a natural story teller. Think about it, this guy had people tuning in for a 60 second clip because he was telling a good story. The title in my opinion does nothing for the character right now. I also think the Fiend doesn't need a title at all because that's not what the persona is about. Let it build, let Bray pick guys off one by one while making it known he's coming for the title and the holder (again I don't think he needs a title to be successful). If its Seth, then have it be 8 months of Bray taunting Seth, driving him crazy. then put him over at WM.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
To me what makes Wyatt so good is he's a natural story teller. Think about it, this guy had people tuning in for a 60 second clip because he was telling a good story. The title in my opinion does nothing for the character right now. I also think the Fiend doesn't need a title at all because that's not what the persona is about. Let it build, let Bray pick guys off one by one while making it known he's coming for the title and the holder (again I don't think he needs a title to be successful). If its Seth, then have it be 8 months of Bray taunting Seth, driving him crazy. then put him over at WM.

It's not necessarily being done because the character needs it. He doesn't but the title needs him and the title needs to be away from Seth. What the character doesn't need is traditional building and coronations. I would steer clear of traditional paths for this character.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
It's not necessarily being done because the character needs it. He doesn't but the title needs him and the title needs to be away from Seth. What the character doesn't need is traditional building and coronations. I would steer clear of traditional paths for this character.
But the title doesn't need him. Not yet. The WWE needs more interesting storylines. Throwing Bray right into the mix now puts all their eggs in one basket.
Why not have a Bray storyline and a seperate interesting title storyline? There is 5 hrs of TV to fill.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

But I don't think it does. I don't think putting the title on him right now does anything to help either.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
But the title doesn't need him. Not yet. The WWE needs more interesting storylines. Throwing Bray right into the mix now puts all their eggs in one basket.
Why not have a Bray storyline and a seperate interesting title storyline? There is 5 hrs of TV to fill.

The title absolutely needs him. Rollins is an awful champion and it needs to be moved to someone who is interesting especially as competition with AEW is drawing near. Throwing Bray right into the mix now gives them the basket to even put an egg into. For the purposes of Bray, there's 3 hours of TV to fill and they need a main event of interest to even draw people in to watch the rest of it. They simply don't have that with the title on Rollins and not having Bray there.

But I don't think it does. I don't think putting the title on him right now does anything to help either.

Sure it does. Bray will make that title interesting for the first time probably ever. Challengers being scared to challenge him is a dynamic they've never really put forth before. A sudden title win is the most they can do to establish his dominance and his importance. Waiting is only going to slow his momentum. Bray should be doing his gimmick to everyone but only one person is actually going to matter doing that to and it's Seth and maybe it'll bring something out of Seth that hasn't been brought out of him as a face. If he does it right, he might actually get some sympathy from the crowd which he hasn't had since his injury.

The Apologist

Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
The title absolutely needs him. Rollins is an awful champion and it needs to be moved to someone who is interesting especially as competition with AEW is drawing near. Throwing Bray right into the mix now gives them the basket to even put an egg into. For the purposes of Bray, there's 3 hours of TV to fill and they need a main event of interest to even draw people in to watch the rest of it. They simply don't have that with the title on Rollins and not having Bray there.

Sure it does. Bray will make that title interesting for the first time probably ever. Challengers being scared to challenge him is a dynamic they've never really put forth before. A sudden title win is the most they can do to establish his dominance and his importance. Waiting is only going to slow his momentum. Bray should be doing his gimmick to everyone but only one person is actually going to matter doing that to and it's Seth and maybe it'll bring something out of Seth that hasn't been brought out of him as a face. If he does it right, he might actually get some sympathy from the crowd which he hasn't had since his injury.
I disagree on Rollins. I think his booking and scripting have been terrible. There are so many other options as well: Joe or KO are two examples. Their stories have sucked, hotshotting Bray wont fix that.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I disagree on Rollins. I think his booking and scripting have been terrible. There are so many other options as well: Joe or KO are two examples. Their stories have sucked, hotshotting Bray wont fix that.

I'm just hoping KO can finally move past Shane.....hell I'm hoping we don't see Shane at ALL this week but I doubt we'll be that fortunate.

But Owens deserves an actual feud against actual talent instead of wasting his time with the living breathing definition of nepotism.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I think they've repeatedly shown that they're not going to run with Joe as champ. He's just another on a list of guys who got hot but they wouldn't pull the trigger on. KO is likely a Smackdown guy who is next in line after Kofi's run is through. On the Raw side, there just isn't anyone to take the title off of Rollins besides Bray that is going to have any sort of meaning behind it. So either they do this pretty quickly or they suffer through a long Rollins reign that will bleed into the premier of AEW's programming and give them the best opportunity to take fans from them. Rollins may have been booked and scripted poorly but there also isn't much there to work with when it comes to him being a baby face champion. He's just not that good and he's not much of a draw. And it's something they need to move on quickly from.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
if Vince doesnt rewrite the show;

The Miz vs Dolph Ziggler;
Alexa Bliss y Nikki Cross vs The Kabuki Warriors;
Cedric Alexander vs Drew McIntyre;
Rey Mysterio vs Andrade;

Stone Cold to talk........ about Brock vs Seth...... on skype?? ..... ok.

The Apologist

Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I think they've repeatedly shown that they're not going to run with Joe as champ. He's just another on a list of guys who got hot but they wouldn't pull the trigger on. KO is likely a Smackdown guy who is next in line after Kofi's run is through. On the Raw side, there just isn't anyone to take the title off of Rollins besides Bray that is going to have any sort of meaning behind it. So either they do this pretty quickly or they suffer through a long Rollins reign that will bleed into the premier of AEW's programming and give them the best opportunity to take fans from them. Rollins may have been booked and scripted poorly but there also isn't much there to work with when it comes to him being a baby face champion. He's just not that good and he's not much of a draw. And it's something they need to move on quickly from.
What about the OC? And while I agree on Joe, I do think a Joe/ Rollins feud could be good. Not sure the matches would be but Joe is great on the mic, maybe even enough to cover for Seth.
The WWe is going to realise eventually that what they have been doing isnt working. RAW may now have a chance to chamge things up as Vince may be preoccupied with 'fixing' SD for Fox.
Besides, if were using the past to determjne the future then this is all moot as Bray is already dead in the water.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
miz gonna win easy after dolph is still selling, Wyatt comes out and kills miz

do it

I can see it.

Rey vs Andrade again? I feel like 75% of Andrade's main roster matches have been against Rey. Not that I'm complaining, because they are awesome every time, but maybe toss them onto a PPV, and let Andrade finally go over and move on?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

People would tune in to watch Bray though, I don't think they'd really care if he had the title or not. What I mean by that, is putting the title on Bray isn't going to make people want to watch anymore. The title almost because lost because people are more interested in the Fiend.

Let Bray just continue to destroy the locker room and then have him win the title at WM. Let Bray put his creativity to work and build a run, don't rush him to a title picture.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Prob gonna be Rey
was gonna say, either Miz or Rey.

not sure where they go with Miz more so than Rey into Clash. I can easily see Rey/Andrade continue their series into the event, whereas I feel Ziggler may be taking another break & Miz wouldn’t have much else to do unless he starts chasing AJ.

Wyatt/Miz seems more natural atm to me

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What about the OC? And while I agree on Joe, I do think a Joe/ Rollins feud could be good. Not sure the matches would be but Joe is great on the mic, maybe even enough to cover for Seth.
The WWe is going to realise eventually that what they have been doing isnt working. RAW may now have a chance to chamge things up as Vince may be preoccupied with 'fixing' SD for Fox.
Besides, if were using the past to determjne the future then this is all moot as Bray is already dead in the water.

If the idea is to get the title off of Rollins without using Bray, AJ would be feasible if he's dropping his current title immediately. I think going with a title for title there would be pretty forced and overkill for AJ. I think they actually need to be built with their titles for a little while. Joe's a good guy to work with a baby but because they've failed to pull the trigger with him numerous times, it's just going to be filler. Joe would put in good work because that's what he does but will it get Rollins over more? No.

But I agree at the end of this it's all moot because they will find a way to kill Bray in this iteration. I certainly think that building him is going to do him no good. He needs to beat premier performers in premier positions. Not midcarders.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I can see it.

Rey vs Andrade again? I feel like 75% of Andrade's main roster matches have been against Rey. Not that I'm complaining, because they are awesome every time, but maybe toss them onto a PPV, and let Andrade finally go over and move on?

It's pretty much the longest "passing of the torch" feud in wrestling history. :sarcasm: :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
at this point if Rey is close to retiring i’d just have Andrade win a mask vs. hair match, Rey does a maskless speech the next night & Wyatt puts him out of his misery to send him away. no match necessary, another legend put down by the fiend.

I’d have him be a full on tweener though & just target anyone. if I have time before the show tonight I might make a little write up on how i’d book him up to WM but we’ll see

Reactions: The Apologist

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
People would tune in to watch Bray though, I don't think they'd really care if he had the title or not. What I mean by that, is putting the title on Bray isn't going to make people want to watch anymore. The title almost because lost because people are more interested in the Fiend.

Let Bray just continue to destroy the locker room and then have him win the title at WM. Let Bray put his creativity to work and build a run, don't rush him to a title picture.

I disagree. Bray in this character can be a draw if they make him seem important enough and put him in the main spot on the card. Then if you let him be sinister enough and hold on to it long enough with the character, it can put someone over as a star that people will want to see beat him. Bray should not win the title at Wrestlemania. These characters aren't ones that you build for a Mania payout. These are characters you have run roughshod and make immediate impacts to get over so that someone can overcome it at Wrestlemania.

If we're going to give Bray filler, the only one that would actually help him get over further is Braun. Putting him with Miz is a waste of time. Why would anyone care about Wyatt going after Miz?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
was gonna say, either Miz or Rey.

not sure where they go with Miz more so than Rey into Clash. I can easily see Rey/Andrade continue their series into the event, whereas I feel Ziggler may be taking another break & Miz wouldn’t have much else to do unless he starts chasing AJ.

Wyatt/Miz seems more natural atm to me

That could be very interesting, especially if they add Miz's daughter to a Firefly Funhouse segment.

(Keep her away from all the scary stuff, obviously, but the sinister undertones would be obvious to the rest of us. :laugh:)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
at this point if Rey is close to retiring i’d just have Andrade win a mask vs. hair match, Rey does a maskless speech the next night & Wyatt puts him out of his misery to send him away. no match necessary, another legend put down by the fiend.

I’d have him be a full on tweener though & just target anyone. if I have time before the show tonight I might make a little write up on how i’d book him up to WM but we’ll see

I doubt we see Andrade take Mysterio's mask.

Rey has said before he wants eventually for Dominick to wear the mask. He wants a match with Dominick where he loses and he passes the mask on.

I think we'll see like a Last Man Standing match between the two, where Andrade destroys him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I want to see a time where early in the show The Fiend attacks someone, and then later backstage, normal Funhouse Bray approaches them and does the usual apology and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad