LeBrun: Monahan linked to COL

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
OTOH, it's fans of multiple teams who have reading comprehension issues and don't understand big words like "conditional" and rage-post when they see anything relating to a first round pick.

I mean, Vancouver just acquired a conditional* 1st overall pick for Horvat, who expected that ?

*: conditional to NYI having a pick in the top-12 and ceding their 2024 pick instead, and gaining 1st OA in next years lottery.

So, it's everyone else's fault that you can't convince anyone that your opinion is even remotely reasonable? :huh:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Or is it because you don't have an argument for the rest?

I have my reasons and I stated them already multiple times. Just cause you don't agree, it don't make it false. It makes it a difference of opinion. Now proceed to continue to think we will get a 1st for sure. Fun stuff

So, it's everyone else's fault that you can't convince anyone that your opinion is even remotely reasonable? :huh:

We don't have to convince anybody. That's your approach bud. This is not some black or white answer/debate. :huh:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Well, it seems to pop up pretty often. Maybe it's the same info being re-circulated.
Another article based on Lebrun comment that the Avs need a Center and Monahan is a center.
Nothing about the Avs "are after" Monahan as you stated.

nor mention of the Avs
pursuing
engaging in talks
scouting
calling his former coaches
asking to speak about extension
finding out his favorite food
previous attempts to acquire

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I have my reasons and I stated them already multiple times. Just cause you don't agree, it don't make it false. It makes it a difference of opinion.

We don't have to convince anybody. That's your approach bud

You're the one who has been claiming, ad nauseum, that Monahan can/should return a 1st, so it is 100% on you to convince the rest of us that your opinion is more than the blithering of a deranged fool. So far, you're not looking so good.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Another article based on Lebrun comment that the Avs need a Center and Monahan is a center.
Nothing about the Avs "are after" Monahan as you stated.

nor mention of the Avs
pursuing
engaging in talks
scouting
calling his former coaches
asking to speak about extension
finding out his favorite food
previous attempts to acquire

Lebrun connects the two teams and provided his context which is sound. I'm not going to repeat it cause it's being ignored with isolated narratives in mind.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Or is it because you don't have an argument for the rest?

Exactly.

How convenient he doesn't want to respond to his ridiculous claim that Monahan, on pace for 19 goals has returned to the level play when he scored 27, 27, 27, 31 and 34 goals.

And then he claims I'm the one making a disingenuous claim by pointing out that that is an absurd lie to try and offer up.

Earlier in this thread he talked about how Monahan would play "10-15" games before the trade deadline. At the time he said that, the Canadiens didn't even have 15 games left until the deadline, not to mention, Monahan is still on the IR. But I'm the one making disingenuous claims?

Anybody else notice how he stopped his endless posts about how the difference between Ryan O'Rielly and Sean Monahan aren't nearly as big as people think because O'Rielly has a broken foot - an injury he claimed was quite serious - and that he may not be healthy upon his return? Gee, I wonder if that's because Monahan has a broken foot and there's no timeline for his return. Odd that the broken foot, that was supposed to be serious question mark for O'Rielly is no longer a problem he keeps bringing up. I wonder why that is?

Hilarious stuff.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You're the one who has been claiming, ad nauseum, that Monahan can/should return a 1st, so it is 100% on you to convince the rest of us that your opinion is more than the blithering of a deranged fool. So far, you're not looking so good.

I'm around 15% but you think I'm around 90%+. Sorry but your nit picking and not comprehending it well.

You're at 0% and going through a lot of energy in attempts to belittle a 90% narrative that you incorrectly comprehended. I previously said in a previous post that I'm around 15%. Low probability but not impossible.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If the only offer Habs get is a 2nd rounder than they should look at prospects instead. A low 2nd rd pick isn't going to be that helpful.

A guy who's 20, heading into the AHL / turning pro.

I think it's generally understood that "A 2nd" also comprises prospects or very young regulars that are otherwise equivalent to a second.

If the Avs have a goalie prospect worth around a second.. hell yeah. If have a LHS Center with some physicality that's worth around a second, hell yeah too. If they have a RW worth around a second, yeah, indeed, don't bother.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
When it comes to the Avs, I'd trust Dater more than I trust Lebrun, and yes, that's meant as the insult it sounds like.

Who's Dater? And do you really know what he would do?

Lebrun doesn't say cost to acquire or has not lately (from what I noticed). He's just connecting the two teams cause Monahan fits in terms of cap space and assets you may have to trade. Not as expensive as the others. Not sure why this is being so controversial. It doesn't have to be that way but for some reason, Habs fans are not allowed to speak our opinion. You can choke till your black and blue in the face with trying to "convince" us anything. This is not a convincing game. It's dialog

Reactions: pth2

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I'm around 15% but you think I'm around 90%+. Sorry but your nit picking and not comprehending it well.

Around 15% what? 15% into your convincing reasons why you think Monahan is even arguably worth a 1st? Or only 15% convinced of your own inane claims? Or did you only comprehend 15% of my post?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Around 15% what? 15% into your convincing reasons why you think Monahan is even arguably worth a 1st? Or only 15% convinced of your own inane claims? Or did you only comprehend 15% of my post?

I don't even know why I try to respond but I'm nice so I will.

Low probability he returns a 1st but not impossible. I'm around 15% but you think I'm 90%+ based on the incorrect narrative you are trying to spin back. So yeah, you are purposely trying to pin it down in a disingenuous way. It's pretty clear and it's gravitating towards a post war about stupid stuff now.

Regardless of cost. Do you think Monahan helps the Avs? Seems to be less conversations on this and more about you trying to say Habs fans think we will get a 1st. I comfortable at what's going on in this thread and what I said. I'm trying my best to avoid the stupid post war

Last edited:

Bond

May 10, 2012
Wishful thinking: Monahan and a 2nd for Newhook???
Very wishful. Newhook is better than Monahan. Avs would have to like someone in the early second round more than they like Newhook.

Reactions: Eegs

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Who's Dater? And do you really know what he would do?

Lebrun doesn't say cost to acquire or has not lately. He's just connecting the two teams cause Monahan fits in terms of cap space and assets you may have to trade. Not as expensive as the others. Not sure why this is being so controversial. It doesn't have to be that way but for some reason, Habs fans are not allowed to speak our opinion. You can choke till your black and blue in the face with trying to "convince" us anything. This is not a convincing game. It's dialog

Dater is the closest thing to an Avs beat writer that there is. Unfortunately, he's Eklund level bad, but he's still much more reliable than Lebrun when it comes to the Avs. Lebrun is throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks. It's very clearly click bait, and the fact that the rest of the media baselessly repeats it just proves how bad the hockey writers for the Avs really are.

As for your victim complex bullshit, no one is saying you can't speak your opinion. I'm asking you to stop screaming your opinion into the ears of the Avs fans who don't give a shit what you think about your player's value in a vacuum. Start a new thread, dedicated to Monahan's value as a rental if he can get healthy for 10 games. Go, have fun. Just leave the Avs out of it.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Very wishful. Newhook is better than Monahan. Avs would have to like someone in the early second round more than they like Newhook.
Fair enough! It was a wish after all. Big fan of Newhook and would love to get him to Montreal before he takes off.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Dater is the closest thing to an Avs beat writer that there is. Unfortunately, he's Eklund level bad, but he's still much more reliable than Lebrun when it comes to the Avs. Lebrun is throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks. It's very clearly click bait, and the fact that the rest of the media baselessly repeats it just proves how bad the hockey writers for the Avs really are.

As for your victim complex bullshit, no one is saying you can't speak your opinion. I'm asking you to stop screaming your opinion into the ears of the Avs fans who don't give a shit what you think about your player's value in a vacuum. Start a new thread, dedicated to Monahan's value as a rental if he can get healthy for 10 games. Go, have fun. Just leave the Avs out of it.

What is Dater saying? Avs will not be trading for Monahan or have any interest at all? Explain more please.

Lets agree to steer clear from the spins in attempts to belittle. Monahan has low probability he will return a 1st but not impossible. It's not just about the Avs with that statement.

If Monahan was healthy and free, do you think he helps the Avs for the playoffs? Be honest cause you like to say you said nice things about Lehkonen last year but it's not the same nice things you are saying this year now that he is your asset. I see a gap there. Not a huge gap but there is a difference.... I have noticed anyways

Chose

Loyal Habs fan
Aug 4, 2022
Montréal
I was a habs fan on that 1st pick train a few weeks ago, but now that the injury looks more serious, I highly doubt it. I now lean on a re-signing for 1y...

EDIT: Interesting take about a possible strategy shift to get that 3rd 1st pick Hugues wants:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I was a habs fan on that 1st pick train a few weeks ago, but now that the injury looks more serious, I highly doubt it. I now lean on a re-signing for 1y...

It's fluid and we all need to chill. What we thought a month ago vs today vs what we think at the deadline will change. Must have said this a hundred times now.. Monahan needs to return to play and we go from there. There may be 10 more games to evaluate. Has to play like he did in the first 25 game and also has to show that he has not lingering effects from his foot injury. Maybe the long break helps. We will see

The 1st was always low probability. The foot injury changed it from 50% to 15% for me but I wait to see if/when he returns.

Reactions: Chose

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Wishful thinking: Monahan and a 2nd for Newhook???
I think the only way this could possibly work would be if the Avs were deeply convinced Monahan is healthy going forward, and I don't think they'd take that risk.... adding Monahan is one thing, subtracting a player from their active roster is a kind of double-jeopardy... which I don't expect they'll want to play.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

You're at 0% and going through a lot of energy in attempts to belittle a 90% narrative that you incorrectly comprehended. I previously said in a previous post that I'm around 15%. Low probability but not impossible.

This doesn’t paint a pretty picture of value for Monahan. He’s worth a conditional 3rd that can become a 2nd based on playoff games played.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Fair enough! It was a wish after all. Big fan of Newhook and would love to get him to Montreal before he takes off.

I use to value Newhook higher than Caufield (pre draft) but things have changed. What high point do you think he takes off to with his age 22+ years? I'm curious? Seems like he is tracking middle 6F value to me.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
On a conditional basis, it's still possible, IMO. I don't expect one outright, but if a team makes the SCF with a healthy Monahan, why not ?
The Avs would likely be getting him to play 3rd or 4th line minutes for depth and don't have a 2nd or a 3rd

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This doesn’t paint a pretty picture of value for Monahan. He’s worth a conditional 3rd that can become a 2nd based on playoff games played.

I'm waiting for him to return and play again before I make my final evaluation on him prior to the deadline. Until then, it's cheap talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad