LeBrun: Monahan linked to COL

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I don't even know why I try to respond but I'm nice so I will.

Low probability he returns a 1st but not impossible. I'm around 15% but you think I'm 90%+ based on the incorrect narrative you are trying to spin back. So yeah, you are purposely trying to pin it down in a disingenuous way. It's pretty clear and it's gravitating towards a post war about stupid stuff now.

Regardless of cost. Do you think Monahan helps the Avs? Seems to be less conversations on this and more about you trying to say Habs fans think we will get a 1st. I comfortable at what's going on in this thread and I'm trying my best to avoid the stupid post war

When everyone else seems to be at 0%, I don't really give a shit if you're at 15% or 90%, it's still your sole responsibility to convince the rest of us that your claims are even worth considering. Repeating the same laughable claims ad nauseum, and then insulting people when they get annoyed doesn't convince me. Neither do questions about whether a healthy Monahan could be imagined to help the Avs. Based on what we know today, you'd be very lucky to get a 2nd at the TDL - which coincidentally the Avs don't even have until 2025, so I'm still not really sure why the conversation needs to be in an Avs related thread.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I use to value Newhook higher than Caufield (pre draft) but things have changed. What high point do you think he takes off to with his age 22+ years? I'm curious? Seems like he is tracking middle 6F value to me.

Middle 6 for which team?

He's picked it up lately. People are becoming far more bullish on him.

Reactions: Bowe Byrum

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
The Avs would likely be getting him to play 3rd or 4th line minutes for depth and don't have a 2nd or a 3rd
I'm well aware of the Avs lack of picks, but 2025 is only 2 years away.

The idea of getting playoff depth is that there are options if injuries hit. He might be a 3d liner on a healthy Avs team, but end up playing 5 games as a top-6, and it's largely for those games players get acquired.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I'm waiting for him to return and play again before I make my final evaluation on him prior to the deadline. Until then, it's cheap talk.
No. That’s Sportsnet talk. They have people in and around that organization to feed them intel.

Monahan has missed the past 25 games with a major injury. He’s damaged goods. Has been for three years now. It’s why Calgary paid a 1st to dump him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
When everyone else seems to be at 0%, I don't really give a shit if you're at 15% or 90%, it's still your sole responsibility to convince the rest of us that your claims are even worth considering. Repeating the same laughable claims ad nauseum, and then insulting people when they get annoyed doesn't convince me. Neither do questions about whether a healthy Monahan could be imagined to help the Avs. Based on what we know today, you'd be very lucky to get a 2nd at the TDL - which coincidentally the Avs don't even have until 2025, so I'm still not really sure why the conversation needs to be in an Avs related thread.

You do know that it's being repeated cause you and others are bouncing it forward right? You did try to say today that I think he will get a 1st. False spin. Low probability but not impossible. Extends beyond just the Avs.

Ask me if I care if "everyone" ease is at 0%? I don't fall for popular bandwagon parties. You should know this by now. Laugh until you choke for all I care. :laugh:

So you don't want to talk about if a healthy and free Monahan helps the Avs? To afraid to say nice things or you have some to say but rather not? Because if you do, we ask for a 1st again? :sarcasm:.

• Haha
Reactions: Chose

Bowe Byrum

Nov 22, 2021
Hughes has done well. I won’t deny it. I think he’s doing well in that role.

But he had a lot more to work with last TDL. That has to actually factor into the heads of Habs fans.

This year, it’s scrubs Drouin, Monahan and Dadonov.

Lex, Chiarot and Kulak were better trade chips.
Josh Andersom could maybe fetch a food return salary retained

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Middle 6 for which team?

The Avs. He’s getting a lot of ice time with the Avs. He’s scoring goals and creating chances and possessions. When Byram, Manson and Landy are back, Newhook will be finding himself on the ice with guys like ERod and Lex. With defensive support like Byram and Toews.

Kid looks like a 20+ goal scorer to me. He’s well on his way at 12 and playing great since his early season slump.

By way of comparison. Seth Jarvis has 8 goals playing a top 6 role on a contender. Dash has 10 with PP 1 and first line duties.

Newhook has 12 as a 3rd liner with little PP time.

Bowe Byrum

Nov 22, 2021
I'm well aware of the Avs lack of picks, but 2025 is only 2 years away.

The idea of getting playoff depth is that there are options if injuries hit. He might be a 3d liner on a healthy Avs team, but end up playing 5 games as a top-6, and it's largely for those games players get acquired.
True that. He looked good before he got hurt.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No. That’s Sportsnet talk. They have people in and around that organization to feed them intel.

Monahan has missed the past 25 games with a major injury. He’s damaged goods. Has been for three years now. It’s why Calgary paid a 1st to dump him.

I'd buy your narrative if his current injury was related to the one holding him back in the last two years. But he basically got a foot injury like ROR and prior to that, he was very effective in those 25 games and his skating was very good which indicated he was past his nagging hip issues.

Coming into the Habs this year, we knew of his poor skating over the last 2 seasons. We were surprised to see that he was skating very well. This is not some sell job... it's what we noticed in our fan base. Laugh at it as you wish

True that. He looked good before he got hurt.

Way too many fans are either ignoring it or trying to dismiss it.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
You do know that it's being repeated cause you and others are bouncing it forward right? You did try to say today that I think he will get a 1st. False spin. Low probability but not impossible. Extends beyond just the Avs.

Ask me if I care if "everyone" ease is at 0%? I don't fall for popular bandwagon parties. You should know this by now. Laugh until you choke for all I care. :laugh:

So you don't want to talk about if a healthy and free Monahan helps the Avs? To afraid to say nice things or you have some to say but rather not? Because if you do, we ask for a 1st again? :sarcasm:.
A healthy and injury free Monahan wouldnt necessary help the Avs more than other players that could also help the Avs if the first round pick is on the table. If you have another lehkonen lying around then we can talk about that pick though.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I'd buy your narrative if his current injury was related to the one holding him back in the last two years. But he basically got a foot injury like ROR and prior to that, he was very effective in those 25 games and his skating was very good which indicated he was past his nagging hip issues.

Coming into the Habs this year, we knew of his poor skating over the last 2 seasons. We were surprised to see that he was skating very well. This is not some sell job... it's what we noticed in our fan base. Laugh at it as you wish

So now adding a major foot injury to his major hip issues. Bodes well for his skating and injury free longevity in a playoff setting?

Too many Habs fans ignoring the idea a player needs to be healthy to be a playoff participant.

I’d buy your narrative that Monahan has first round value if I smoked a lot of crack and didn’t know hockey was played on ice.

He’s worth a conditional mid round pick at 50% retained.

Bowe Byrum

Nov 22, 2021
Can he play and stay healthy under Bednar and the Avs high paced game worries me. It's demanding

Chris Johnston’s updated trade bait board. Read what he writes about Monahan at 16
Can you post it pleae and thanks ?

Middle 6 for which team?

Ya he is definitely a tip 6 talent

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
A healthy and injury free Monahan wouldnt necessary help the Avs more than other players that could also help the Avs if the first round pick is on the table. If you have another lehkonen lying around then we can talk about that pick though.
Wow, that mention of a 1st really lives rent-free in your head.

I wonder how Isles fans feel about giving up a conditional 1st overall, they must be going nuts.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

And you keep ignoring that it just wasn't his hip injuries that cause Avs fans not to trust a 25 game sample
Breaking down Sean Monahan’s injury history
It is always something even if it doesn't keep him out of games, and more recently it is something that does/should keep him out of games.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
What is Dater saying? Avs will not be trading for Monahan or have any interest at all? Explain more please.

Lets agree to steer clear from the spins in attempts to belittle. Monahan has low probability he will return a 1st but not impossible. It's not just about the Avs with that statement.

If Monahan was healthy and free, do you think he helps the Avs for the playoffs? Be honest cause you like to say you said nice things about Lehkonen last year but it's not the same nice things you are saying this year now that he is your asset. I see a gap there. Not a huge gap but there is a difference.... I have noticed anyways

For a guy who likes to accuse other people of being unable to comprehend, you sure do have a really tough time understanding what people are saying...

Dater isn't saying anything, nor would I care if he did. I only brought him up, because despite the fact that he's a completely useless hack of a hockey writer who should never be trusted on anything, he's still infinitely more trustworthy when it comes to the Avs than Lebrun or anyone else in the national media.

And, if Monahan were 100% healthy and free, maybe he'd be a better option than some of the AHLers that have been in our bottom 6 all season. But, I have serious doubts he'd be in our top 6, and probably wouldn't be on PP1. And I don't think he'd help solidify the PK. Or really improve our overall team defense that much. So, I don't see why we'd add him, instead of using the $3.1875m in cap space to add 2 or 3 other guys who are better than the AHLers we currently have and make the team that much better.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

I wonder how Isles fans feel about giving up a conditional 1st overall, they must be going nuts.
I’m fine with giving up a first, but there are other players worthy of giving up a first for. Maybe you should ask for a condition 2nd instead?

Bond

May 10, 2012

Lol Horvat is about 10x the player Monahan is today.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado

Why would I bother talking about something that doesn't exist? Would be just as useful to discuss what Santa Claus feeds the reindeer to get them to fly.

Reactions: Bond

Bond

May 10, 2012
I’m fine with giving up a first, but there are other players worthy of giving up a first for. Maybe you should ask for a condition 2nd instead?
I’d actually take Monahan back on the Flames if they are in a playoff spot and they could get him for a 3rd or 4th retained through another team just for old times sake.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Bond

May 10, 2012
I've suggested that, but Avs fans have preferred to keep on losing it over the very mention of a 1st.
A pick that can turn into a second, not a pick that can turn into a first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad