Confirmed with Link: Mojo to Bruins

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I would have liked to see him re-sign before the TDL,

... see the problem I have with this is: What kind of contract do you think he would have accepted? and Would he be worth whatever that is, to forego free agency... with his concussion issues?

Considering the type of season he's had - he must LOVE the idea of being able to prove something in the playoffs before going UFA... as opposed to being mired in this dumpster fire.

Take the assets and run, Ray.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
... see the problem I have with this is: What kind of contract do you think he would have accepted? and Would he be worth whatever that is, to forego free agency... with his concussion issues?

We'll never know. I'm not mad at Ray for the trade, maybe it really was the best move. I'm just saying ideally I would have liked to see him re-signed.

At this point, what Ray does with these picks in the off season is the main concern. I'm hopeful he can use two or three picks plus maybe some other assets to get the D-corp on track for a playoff run next season.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I would have liked to see him re-sign before the TDL, true. After that would have been a risk. I just really hope Ray is planning on trading some of those picks. At this point we have some core players we either need to commit to building around or trade. Continuing to try to build primarily through the draft just makes the rebuild look endless.

That said, Ray has a great reputation as a horse-trader, so I'm really hoping he comes into the off season ready to wheel and deal. Use those assets to go after Brodin or someone similar.

The way Minnesota is running things lately, we could maybe even get a buy-one-get-one deal and land both Zucker and Brodin.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Besides the devils return the real winner here is everyone here who doesnt have to see that stupid general crap anymore. One or two were ok at the beginning, but its and old and tired format and really annoying.
Good riddance

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It was the sensible move to make on Shero's part. But I feel bad as Mojo was finally starting to get himself back on track to the type of player he was in Washington.

Has to be one of the unluckiest tenures I've seen a player have as a Devil. But I hope he stays healthy moving forward and continues to produce. Would not mind if he came back at a similar price in free agency, but if this is goodbye, god speed Mojo. He definitely deserved better here and I certainly wish we could have seen him at full strength for longer.

Reactions: R8NJ

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Fine deal for us. Getting a 2nd + 4th for a month and a half of a player probably not in our future plans is always going to be value.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I liked the original deal to get him, but it didn't work out. It happens.

Mostly glad we're probably not re-signing him this offseason.

Aug 10, 2010
NJ
exactly. are we spending to the cap this offseason? no. so it doesn't even matter. temporary retaining prob helped us get the value of the trade anyway.
His contract is off the books this summer anyways we could’ve retained his whole salary and it wouldn’t matter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad