Confirmed with Link: Mojo to Bruins

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
If the dude was funnier and a better writer, it could have had legs. But yeah...he beat the shit out of that horse.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
if he walked for nothing on july 1st, i know what side of the fence you’d be on. this was a great deal

Well yeah, of course. I have a feeling he would have resigned at a reasonable rate, but if there was any doubt, then yeah, you have to get something for him.

I’ll never understand this.

What's not to understand? I like Mojo.

A 2 and a 4 is all we were getting for him after Zucc went for a 2 and a 3. He wasn't ever bringing back a 1 under any circumstances. We're lucky he timed his hot streak for the six weeks before the deadline or we probably don't even get the 2 back.

And the player has some say in whether he wants to stay after the season too.

I think we definitely got fair value. I'm not even disappointed in the return. I just think he was a good player and he never had an extended time to show it.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Who knows with Mojo. At least I feel like Boston probably won't have the money to resign him. They will have to replace Chara with a good D and pay McAvoy a decent raise. MoJo probably goes to the highest bidder and maybe his familiarity with the Devils helps us resign him.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I'm guessing that Shero didn't want to bring back MarJo since he had all season to do so and apparently never even reached out. I wish him well in BOS. It will be an interesting race to the bottom with DET, OTT, LA, ANA, and maybe even EDM. How can a team with McDavid and Drai be so bad? They must have the worst locker room in pro sports.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Yeah, I think Shero was being diplomatic re: Mojo and Lovejoy.

It sounded like they weren't going to be re-signed anyway.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Shero realizes that signing Mojo was not a great idea with injury history probably.
Personally, I think the injuries didn't have that much to do with it since they were pretty freakish. I'm guessing it's more that we have some left wings we want to bring up in the system. He may also be in the hunt for a 2RW, feeling Bratt played better on the left, or he views Wood or Coleman as a potential 2LW if Boqvist needs some seasoning. There's a lot of options, some better than MarJo, most cost-controlled for years to come.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
hey guys, going forward in fantasy....would you guys rather have schneider or blackwood next year?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Personally, I think the injuries didn't have that much to do with it since they were pretty freakish. I'm guessing it's more that we have some left wings we want to bring up in the system. He may also be in the hunt for a 2RW, feeling Bratt played better on the left, or he views Wood or Coleman as a potential 2LW if Boqvist needs some seasoning. There's a lot of options, some better than MarJo, most cost-controlled for years to come.

Assuming Hall extends this summer, the team doesn't need MarJo. Bratt and Nico can play together with a RW to be determined, and Hall and Palms can play together with a C to be determined. With full health the bottom six looks good again with Wood, Zajac, Coleman, Zacha, Anderson, Seney, and maybe even a healthy Noesen if they bring him back on a one year minimum deal. Why overpay for MarJo as a UFA at that point?

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
I think most of the board would have agreed with that approach until a few weeks ago. He's started putting up points and had chemistry with Bratt. I guess I'd rather spend a little extra and get Duchene and a defenseman though.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
i guess it depends. maybe they are pretty confident in getting a top flight ufa or a top 6 talent through a trade/and or they expect Boqvist to be in the lineup. if one of those things happen then not extending Mojo right now makes sense

Last edited:

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Another good deal by Shero. The market for players on Johansson's tier was set with the deals for Zuccarello and Nyqvist and Shero got a similar offer from Boston. If the season ended today, the Devils would draft:

1 (4 OA, NJ)
2 (35 OA, NJ)
2 (53 OA, NSH)
2 (59 OA, BOS)
3 (67 OA, ANH)
3 (79 OA, DAL)
4 (97 OA, NJ)

It's considered to be a very strong draft. The Devils' lottery pick is very likely to become a franchise cornerstone. Even if they don't win in the Hughes/Kakko sweepstakes, there is an extremely strong possibility of landing a future star like Bowen Byram or Dylan Cozens.

The ensuing 6 picks can be used for a litany of purposes. Stand pat and draft 6 good prospects? The Devils scouting has been very good under Paul Castron. Bundle a few picks to move up into the first round for a second pick there? Though Shero has more of a history of trading down than up, maybe a stud center like Newhook or defenseman like Robertson falls into the 20's and Shero decides to make a move. Also there's a possibility of using a couple of the picks to swing a Palmieri-type trade.

No doubt about it, in the talent market of the NHL, draft picks are the currency. Shero has made several nice moves to ensure the Devils have a ton of off-season options. Add in the fact that it's an interesting UFA class, and the Devils will go into the off-season with boat-loads of cap room.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Another good deal by Shero. The market for players on Johansson's tier was set with the deals for Zuccarello and Nyqvist and Shero got a similar offer from Boston. If the season ended today, the Devils would draft:

1 (4 OA, NJ)
2 (35 OA, NJ)
2 (53 OA, NSH)
2 (59 OA, BOS)
3 (67 OA, ANH)
3 (79 OA, DAL)
4 (97 OA, NJ)

It's considered to be a very strong draft. The Devils' lottery pick is very likely to become a franchise cornerstone. Even if they don't win in the Hughes/Kakko sweepstakes, there is an extremely strong possibility of landing a future star like Bowen Byram or Dylan Cozens.

The ensuing 6 picks can be used for a litany of purposes. Stand pat and draft 6 good prospects? The Devils scouting has been very good under Paul Castron. Bundle a few picks to move up into the first round for a second pick there? Though Shero has more of a history of trading down than up, maybe a stud center like Newhook or defenseman like Robertson falls into the 20's and Shero decides to make a move. Also there's a possibility of using a couple of the picks to swing a Palmieri-type trade.

No doubt about it, in the talent market of the NHL, draft picks are the currency. Shero has made several nice moves to ensure the Devils have a ton of off-season options. Add in the fact that it's an interesting UFA class, and the Devils will go into the off-season with boat-loads of cap room.

Shero has positioned himself well from where he was a week ago. I hope he’s aggressive. I’ll be hoping the lotto gets us a Kakko first, though.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad