Confirmed with Link: Mojo to Bruins

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
MarJo had enough time and he just couldn't put it together consistently. There are aspects to his game that drive me bananas. Mostly that he goes out of his way to avoid physicality and he's not that great defensively.

Shero is right. Devils are fine on LW. MJ is going to cost way too much money, he's injury prone, and not fast enough for what Shero wants to do. I'm glad he was able to get the return he fetched.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
It doesn’t sound like Ray is even interested.

I don't understand the people that want him back. He seems like a good guy and I wish him the best, but he was frequently injured, and even when he was healthy he was rarely a difference maker. Sometimes it just doesn't work out, it doesn't mean he's a bad person, or even a bad player, it just didn't work. Move on.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I don't understand the people that want him back. He seems like a good guy and I wish him the best, but he was frequently injured, and even when he was healthy he was rarely a difference maker. Sometimes it just doesn't work out, it doesn't mean he's a bad person, or even a bad player, it just didn't work. Move on.
He was a good player. I'm just not sure he's the player we need on this team at the moment though. We need more of a shooter with a physical presence, while he brought more of a finesse set-up game.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Thanks dad, you're right, there are plenty of fish in the sea.

Reactions: Blackjack

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think it's the fact that he's been injured a significant stretch over the last 2 years. I feel like he's probably missed half the games he's been a Devil due to injury, or at least close to it. He's been injured a significant stretch and because of that, it made us unable to give a full evaluation on whether or not we wanted to invest in the player. A 28 year old player, who has had multiple concussions the last two years and was more than likely due a raise. It didn't seem like Shero wanted to pay a guy like Henrique what he got, which I absolutely don't blame him and if Mojo didn't work out, that could have become what we dodged with Henrique.

Shakir ONeal

Jimmy Hughes
Sep 21, 2017
I think it's the fact that he's been injured a significant stretch over the last 2 years. I feel like he's probably missed half the games he's been a Devil due to injury, or at least close to it. He's been injured a significant stretch and because of that, it made us unable to give a full evaluation on whether or not we wanted to invest in the player. A 28 year old player, who has had multiple concussions the last two years and was more than likely due a raise. It didn't seem like Shero wanted to pay a guy like Henrique what he got, which I absolutely don't blame him and if Mojo didn't work out, that could have become what we dodged with Henrique.

Played in 53% of games

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
And has already had 3 confirmed concussions (that we know of).

Five is usually the career-ending point.

Ray did the right thing. Were I a team interested, I'd sign MoJo to a 1 year deal, two tops.
i'd be okay with 2-3 year contract. one of those years might be a lockout anyway*

*barring the devils dont get someone better in the offseason

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And has already had 3 confirmed concussions (that we know of).

Five is usually the career-ending point.

Ray did the right thing. Were I a team interested, I'd sign MoJo to a 1 year deal, two tops.
He had 3 confirmed as a Devil? Or was one of them as a Capital? I thought it was only 2 here? I remember both of them were last year, but I forgot what he was out with a couple months ago this year.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
It was the sensible move to make on Shero's part. But I feel bad as Mojo was finally starting to get himself back on track to the type of player he was in Washington.

Has to be one of the unluckiest tenures I've seen a player have as a Devil. But I hope he stays healthy moving forward and continues to produce. Would not mind if he came back at a similar price in free agency, but if this is goodbye, god speed Mojo. He definitely deserved better here and I certainly wish we could have seen him at full strength for longer.

*Ryan Clowe likes this.

Reactions: Prezidentas Zubrus

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
90% of us were already looking to cut our loses with him before his little hot streak.

He never could stay healthy. He never seemed to fit into the lineup when healthy barring very short stretches.

We got nearly what we paid for him back so it is fine. We aren’t exactly hurting for LWs as an organization either.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
I think Jesper Boqvist is a very similar player, kinda like a perimeter guy, good skater and playmaker, and that is one of the reasons why Johansson became expendable. But in general, all Shero did the last couple of years is sign or trade for a couple of guys that he now gave away. We're basically back on square one. Doesn't mean that deal by deal they don't make sense, but looking at the big picture we're making one step forward and another one backwards.

dzubrus8

Jun 15, 2014
Bruins fan here with a question (in peace!): Did Johansson play primarily the right side across from Hall/Hirscher? curious thanks!

Welcome to this cesspool. No he was a LW almost exclusively on the 2nd line. His center and RW were usually a rotation of Zacha, Bratt, and towards the end, Hischier. I don’t think he lined up with Hall at any point this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->