GDT: MOD Warning Post #1 2023-24 season game 6 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @7:30pm 10/24/23

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Blake has put all his chips in anyway. I could easily see a dumping of Arvidsson, Roy, and giving up Turcotte ++ for Hellebucyk or Gibson.

Who the f*** cares about the future, roll those dice BABY
Hellebuyk or Gibson are both have huge salaries and not a solution for goalie issue at all.

Reactions: YP44

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
The last time and the ONLY time:

940-smythe-e1460165172314.jpg
It’s pretty crazy to have a team that plays for 50+ years that has accumulated more championships than division titles.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Arvy and Roy are cap dumps, turcotte ++ will undoubtedly be a 1st, Akil Thomas, and probably a lesser d asset
So our top guys aren't as good as the better teams top guys, and our teams best attribute is its depth, so we sacrifice two important parts of that depth for a goalie just to go for it now with a weaker team?

Sure, that makes a lot of sense.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
So our top guys aren't as good as the better teams top guys, and our teams best attribute is its depth, so we sacrifice two important parts of that depth for a goalie just to go for it now with a weaker team?

Well Arvidsson isn't in the line up now, and you can roll with Laferriere......and you can apparently replace Roy with Clarke.....

You can't have it both ways, want to play the kids......and also want to keep the veterans

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Well Arvidsson isn't in the line up now, and you can roll with Laferriere......and you can apparently replace Roy with Clarke.....

You can't have it both ways, want to play the kids......and also want to keep the veterans
If the goal is a deep run I’d be playing Clarke because we need the X-factor he might bring to do so. That means he’d need some time to settle into the team and translate his offensive game. He has it in him to be a difference maker in terms of stealing games. I strongly think we are missing an opportunity right now (and more so last season) to properly prepare him.

Watch for him to get called up with 5 games left, struggle in the Play-offs and the board to go nuts calling him a disappointment.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If the goal is a deep run I’d be playing Clarke because we need the X-factor he might bring to do so. That means he’d need some time to settle into the team and translate his offensive game. He has it in him to be a difference maker in terms of stealing games. I strongly think we are missing an opportunity right now (and more so last season) to properly prepare him.

Watch for him to get called up with 5 games left, struggle in the Play-offs and the board to go nuts calling him a disappointment.

If past history is any indication he'll get called up and benched and then to start next season they'll say he's not ready, rinse, repeat

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Let's define a contender, what does that actually mean.....in context, any one of 16 teams that make the playoffs....can be a contender
Ok i see where our differences are then.

A contender is to me a team that has a real shot at the cup.
Teams that have demonstrated during the season that they can reliable beat everyone.
So far teams like Vegas or Avalanche come to my mind.

The Kings won so far against bottom feeders but lost against playoff bound teams,
which excludes them from the contender group for me

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Ok i see where our differences are then.

A contender is to me a team that has a real shot at the cup.
Teams that have demonstrated during the season that they can reliable beat everyone.
So far teams like Vegas or Avalanche come to my mind.

The Kings won so far against bottom feeders but lost against playoff bound teams,
which excludes them from the contender group for me

Any team that makes the playoffs has a REAL shot at the cup.....St Louis / Washington are both recent examples.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Gibson has negative value. Anaheim would have to pay to get someone to take on his contract.

Talbot has better career numbers than Gibson does.

Reactions: Little Psycho

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013

You're acting like I'm advocating for this, but every post I've made on this board over the last year shows that I think Blake is a degenerate gambler obsessed with optic wins over actually building a contender. My post is simply commenting on what I believe WILL happen based on Blake's behavior previously.

It's clear he believes any prospect and asset that isn't on the main team is now fodder to be shot into the cannon. He would easily trade the entirety of our once heralded prospect depth for a few spins at the roulette wheel.

It wouldn’t hurt to not suck for a season long though.

Still playing with house money as far as I'm concerned. Never thought I'd see the Kings win the Cup in my lifetime let alone twice and a conference final in between. Winning definitely diminished my passion as a fan but that's been somewhat revitalized since they've made the playoffs the past few years. I wouldn't call the past two years suck. I'd call it mediocrity but far more entertaining than it was being desperate for Deadmarsh/Palffy/Allison to all be healthy for three seasons which never manifested. That was the life of a Kings fan in the early 2000's. "Pallfy should be back by Christmas" but he never was. That was the only hope we had because there was nothing else to be excited about.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Still playing with house money as far as I'm concerned. Never thought I'd see the Kings win the Cup in my lifetime let alone twice and a conference final in between. Winning definitely diminished my passion as a fan but that's been somewhat revitalized since they've made the playoffs the past few years. I wouldn't call the past two years suck. I'd call it mediocrity but far more entertaining than it was being desperate for Deadmarsh/Palffy/Allison to all be healthy for three seasons which never manifested. That was the life of a Kings fan in the early 2000's. "Pallfy should be back by Christmas" but he never was. That was the only hope we had because there was nothing else to be excited about.

Dude, go back to the 80's with the Triple Crown Line......oh yay...we are gonna.....fall on our face....well crap next year....rinse and repeat for 10 years, 1988, Gretzky trade, yea, we are gonna....step on our dicks.....all but one year......ok great, Greztky is gonna be traded we are gonna get this great pa.....punch in the gut....ok...fine....then the 90's.....then the 2000's.....

Being a Kings fan is like being your own version of Charlie Brown every year.......

Dude, go back to the 80's with the Triple Crown Line......oh yay...we are gonna.....fall on our face....well crap next year....rinse and repeat for 10 years, 1988, Gretzky trade, yea, we are gonna....step on our dicks.....all but one year......ok great, Greztky is gonna be traded we are gonna get this great pa.....punch in the gut....ok...fine....then the 90's.....then the 2000's.....

Being a Kings fan is like being your own version of Charlie Brown every year.......

Oh I get it.. been around since 1988. Finally kicked the ball in 2012 and 2014 though!

Reactions: Lt Dan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4