GDT: MOD Warning Post #1 2023-24 season game 6 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @7:30pm 10/24/23

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
2 points is 2 points, but the Kings' issues with keeping the puck out of their net continues. They were able to outscore this problem tonight.

I'm not sure it's an issue, they only gave up 3. Only 12 teams in the NHL have a GAA lower than 3. If this team gave up 3 every game they would have 110+ points.

The team's GAA as a whole is kind of crappy, but some of that is because they've played the toughest schedule in the NHL so far. It continues to be rough for the next 6 games then the schedule lightens up a bit.

If they can get 18 points out of their first 12 games they will be in fantastic shape.

Reactions: fivehole32

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
3rd year in a row the Kings have been sloppy at the start of the season.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
More like terrorizing the sheep in their pens.

Coyote_OBrien.png

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I was all ready to bully Byfield and post a big “people with more points than Byfield” list but he earned that assist so I’ll give him a break tonight.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Fiala's best game of the season. Good seeing him play like that.

Trevor Lewis is timeless. He's playing the exact way he did from his rookie season.

Good to see a couple points from Kempe, but he's playing poorly, in my opinion. Weak retrievals, passes are off, and even his shot has been a nonfactor.

Probably Laferriere's worst game this season. Not that he was bad, but his previous games were just that good.

Grundstrom's physical engagement led to another goal.

A couple misplays from Byfield, but overall a solid game. He's played better than tonight, though. Nice to see him show some snarl at Keller after he high-sticked Gavrikov.

All around a good game with a couple hiccups.

Last edited:

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
That entire line is a mess right now but not sure what you can do about it but let them work thru it

11 55 9 I mean
Exactly this. Byfield and Kempe link together well both neither is completely on it.. it’ll come.

Reactions: funky

Rick Knickleback

May 18, 2022
Long Beach
First two lines seem a little out of synch. Wouldn’t mind seeing QB and Laffy get switched.

EDIT: I know Kopi is an eagle scout and I've got mad respect for him, but seems to me QB is more likely to score with a playmaker like Fiala. They both kinda play like their hair is on fire, might be a good fit. I was definitely on the Fiala-QB-Gabe bandwagon last year for similar reasons. Meanwhile, Laffy's got that right place/right time style to his game as well as some significant tenacity that both jibe well with Kopitar's style. He'd pick up plenty of goals just drafting off Kopitar's carrying of the puck.

Last edited:

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
I'm not sure it's an issue, they only gave up 3. Only 12 teams in the NHL have a GAA lower than 3. If this team gave up 3 every game they would have 110+ points.

The team's GAA as a whole is kind of crappy, but some of that is because they've played the toughest schedule in the NHL so far. It continues to be rough for the next 6 games then the schedule lightens up a bit.

If they can get 18 points out of their first 12 games they will be in fantastic shape.
The scoring by every team across the league has been pretty wild. I guess "it's a 3-2 league" need to be updated to a 4-3 league.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
First two lines seem a little out of synch. Wouldn’t mind seeing QB and Laffy get switched.

EDIT: I know Kopi is an eagle scout and I've got mad respect for him, but seems to me QB is more likely to score with a playmaker like Fiala. They both kinda play like their hair is on fire, might be a good fit. I was definitely on the Fiala-QB-Gabe bandwagon last year for similar reasons. Meanwhile, Laffy's got that right place/right time style to his game as well as some significant tenacity that both jibe well with Kopitar's style. He'd pick up plenty of goals just drafting off Kopitar's carrying of the puck.

So like

PLD-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-Byfield-Laf?

Hmmm. I could get on board with that for a couple of games at least. Byfield wouldn't get to defer to Kopitar since Fiala needs the puck 24/7 haha. And Kopitar and Kempe need a spark, they're all out of sync. I do think it's time for a shakeup there one way or another.

One positive that's definitely noticable with PLD also in the lineup is our forwards are a load to handle. It's hilarious, even with how messy they are right now, when Kopitar, Byfield, Kempe are in a zone, they take up so much space with their bodies and reach with their sticks.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
So like

PLD-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-Byfield-Laf?

Hmmm. I could get on board with that for a couple of games at least. Byfield wouldn't get to defer to Kopitar since Fiala needs the puck 24/7 haha. And Kopitar and Kempe need a spark, they're all out of sync. I do think it's time for a shakeup there one way or another.

One positive that's definitely noticable with PLD also in the lineup is our forwards are a load to handle. It's hilarious, even with how messy they are right now, when Kopitar, Byfield, Kempe are in a zone, they take up so much space with their bodies and reach with their sticks.
I like it , but Fiala needs to shoot more and Byfield is almost allergic to shooting. Byfield should be on a line with shooters, like Kaliyev or Mr McGavin

shooter-darren-mc-gavin.gif

Rick Knickleback

May 18, 2022
Long Beach
So like

PLD-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-Byfield-Laf?

I was thinking more

Laf-Kopi-Kempe
QB-PLD-Fiala

But maybe that's suboptimal in terms of positioning.

Your line combos are intriguing. A PLD-Kopi-Kempe line would just be murder on the forecheck if they clicked.

PLD, QB, Kempe, and Laf are doing a lot of things right, but just not quite clicking. I wish our coach was a bit more willing to tinker, especially in October.

Reactions: BringTheReign

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I’m glad that Kev is racking up the assists but he needs to be a prick again and start scoring, it’s what he’s best at.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00