Mock Trade Deadline.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Haha, so you're all now gonna get in on my idea of claiming Merkley? Guess it's only fair for the worse teams to get dibs on him, but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed though given that the 12pm ET waiver deadline passed with me as the only claimant. Anyways, have at it Vancouver.
I think if you were the only one that had the claim in by 12pm ET you should get him.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I think if you were the only one that had the claim in by 12pm ET you should get him.
We need @MBH to make a ruling on this as the organiser of the mock. I was indeed the only one who claimed him (at 11:59pm ET, but since then some others did too (beyond that deadline). @MBH what's your verdict - Merkley to Avs or Vancouver/other bottom feeder?

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I was telling a couple of my buddies about this and they are interested In doing one. I am thinking about starting one up with some tweaks. This will be a team keeper league that will also play every year during the season with the team players you have something like Yahoo but also with 4 or 5 rounds of drafting prospects every year.
1. All trades are not finalized for 48 hrs. This gives other teams time to contact both parties to try and workout a better deal.
2. Each GM will have to keep track of their team and not be able to go over the cap. If they do their will be a penalty in draft picks.
3. If you make any trades during the week you will have to update your team and draft picks you own.
4. If GMs makes a trade that is very lopsided they will have to justify why and convince other GMs.
I already have a few teams taken.
5. Your team, prospects and picks as as Next Tuesday after free Agency.
6. After Tuesday any UFAs hat a team owns owns his rights. What ever the player is signed for on his new contract they can accept the. On tract and keep him or not. He can choose to trade him to a team that will own him for the contract amount.
7. SEA GM will be drafting his own team and same rules apply as NHL.
8. THIS IS GOING TO TURN INTO A FANTASY KEEPER LEAGUE WITH PROSPECTS AND PICKS. ARE YOU GUYS STILL IN.

This will obviously be a league that rolls over every year.
I am retired from the military so I have plenty of time to work on it and keep it going.
I am looking for dedicated GMs though that will commit.
TEAMs taken
EDM Rockinghockey
TO Alex
CAR Paul
CHI Mrfenna92
VAN Ched Brosky
OTT Wilfred
PHI Flyersfan187
COL Richard88
SEA AslanRH
NYR Amadios Amigos
TB Morgan
DET MBH

I will CONTACT EVERYONE WITH MORE INFO

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
We need @MBH to make a ruling on this as the organiser of the mock. I was indeed the only one who claimed him (at 11:59pm ET, but since then some others did too (beyond that deadline). @MBH what's your verdict - Merkley to Avs or Vancouver/other bottom feeder?
He wasn’t waived until today.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Haha, so you're all now gonna get in on my idea of claiming Merkley? Guess it's only fair for the worse teams to get dibs on him, but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed though given that the 12pm ET waiver deadline passed with me as the only claimant. Anyways, have at it Vancouver.
I mean the poster did just place him on waivers this morning so technically he’s available to be claimed until noon EST tomorrow. I’m not guaranteed to get him as someone below me in the standings can make a claim still

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
I was telling a couple of my buddies about this and they are interested In doing one. I am thinking about starting one up with some tweaks. This will be a team keeper league that will also play every year during the season with the team players you have something like Yahoo but also with 4 or 5 rounds of drafting prospects every year.
1. All trades are not finalized for 48 hrs. This gives other teams time to contact both parties to try and workout a better deal.
2. Each GM will have to keep track of their team and not be able to go over the cap. If they do their will be a penalty in draft picks.
3. If you make any trades during the week you will have to update your team and draft picks you own.
4. If GMs makes a trade that is very lopsided they will have to justify why and convince other GMs.

I am retired from the military so I have plenty of time to work on it and keep it going.

I will put up a link up later
I’d be interested running Vancouver in that

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Any teams needing expiring depth for their playoff run?

the Canucks have some buy low candidates!

Travis boyd
Alex chiasson
Jimmy vesey
Jordie benn
Lucas wallmark
John quennville
Jayce hawryluk

still taking offers on some other expiring players:

alex edler
Travis hamonic
Tanner Pearson

have some prospects and roster players available for RHD or picks.

tyler motte
Jake virtanen
Adam gaudette
Kole Lind
Tyler benson

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

I’ll take the hawks

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019

I'm interested in hearing more about the format, but in the meantime you can put me down for the Avs. I've enjoyed interacting with everyone in this thread :)

Dec 15, 2002
The picks I have left are as shown below (if Avs miss the SCF or if Laughton doesn't play 80% of games I get the 2021 5th back though).

upload_2021-4-5_23-19-48-png.417665
If that 5th goes, you should trade that 6th and 7th for future considerations so you can skip the draft entirely.

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
If that 5th goes, you should trade that 6th and 7th for future considerations so you can skip the draft entirely.
I'm open to offers... :naughty:

I do kinda like the idea of having a couple of late picks to pick up some fallers in what will be a heavily underscouted draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad