Nick Holden
Colin Delia

Egor Afanasyev
Luke Prokop
Boris Katchouk
Lucas Carlsson

Matthew Highmore
Rocco Grimaldi

Overall: Really happy with this. I did not lose anything I wanted to keep and ended up with three firsts and some solid prospects, plus some useful roster players. Expansion requirements were also satisfied with Holden and Delia for minimum $$$ to gain flexibility. Sending OEL out without taking on much cash was key, and would allow the Coyotes to name Chychrun captain without any awkwardness.

Had we kept going, I would have been able to find a home for Oesterle and Kuemper most likely, adding to the return. I also had some fun discussions around Garland.

Thanks to everyone I closed a deal with and those of you that came close.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
:canes

IN

Rickard Rakell (50%)
Josh Manson
Carter Hutton (50%)
2022 6th

OUT

James Reimer
Antoine Bibeau
Ryan Suzuki
Joey Keane
2021 1st
2022 2nd

Net Cap Added: ~$3.97 mil

I was able to do everything I wanted to do. Manson stabilizes the 3rd pairing and offers the coaches the flexibility to shelter Hamilton is crucial defensive situations on the run for the cup. Rakell, assuming his injury is not long-term, adds quality depth in the Middle 6. Neither are rentals.

Reimer was dealt early to avoid being without a chair when the music stops. He helped keep the net cap add to around $4 mil, which will at most only push a very trivial amount of the performance bonuses for Svechnikov, Necas and Bean to next season's cap. I asked about another goalie but the price was too high for the vet 3rd goalie role. Hutton is fine for that role.

Lineup at full health:

Niederreiter - Aho - Necas
Svechnikov - Staal - Teravainen
Rakell - Trochek - Fast
McGinn - Paquette - Foegele
Martinook

Slavin - Hamilton
Skjei - Pesce
Bean - Manson
Fleury

Mrazek
Nedeljkovic
Hutton

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Round-up for: :nashville

This is the roster we are left with, with Sceviour waived. Luca Sbisa and Mark Borowiecki also on IR, so when healthy we have to waive either both of them or one and one or two forwards to place in the taxi squad. Which we are comfortable with.

Nashville Predators roster:

NSH.jpg

Acquisitions:
  • Oliver Ekman-Larsson - (ARI)
  • Jason Demers (50% retained - $1,968,750, the rest already retained by FLA) - (ARI)
  • Derick Brassard - (ARI)
  • Brayden Burke (prospect) - (ARI)
  • 1st round pick 2022 - (MTL)
  • 2nd round pick 2021 - (MTL - originally belonged to TBL)
  • Jesse Ylonen (prospect) - (MTL)
  • Victor Mete - (MTL)
  • Taylor Raddysh (prospect) - (TBL)
  • 3rd round pick 2022 - (TBL)
  • 2nd round pick 2022 - (PIT)
  • 2nd round pick 2023 (PIT)
  • 4th round pick 2022 (PIT)

Offloaded:
  • 1st 2021 Predators - (ARI)
  • 3rd 2021 Predators - (ARI)
  • Rocco Grimaldi - (ARI)
  • Egor Afanasyev (prospect) - (ARI)
  • Luke Prokop (prospect) - (ARI)
  • Mattias Ekholm - (MTL)
  • Matthew Benning (33% salary retained - $330,000) - (TBL)
  • Mikael Granlund (46,67% salary retained - $1.750M) - (PIT)

Overall:

The interactions we have had with other GM's have been good. Good discussions, some agreements, some disagreements, but both informal and professional. Good stuff!

Our project was a bit difficult to determine, as we are in a playoffs spot, but at the same time only with some points. So initially we set out to re-structure the team a bit, get a different environment, and would like to get some more skill in there forward side long-term. At the same time we are in a playoffs and acquiring some pieces both long-term and short-term could improve our roster.

Now we shipped out Granlund, Ekholm, Grimaldi and Benning from the roster. Granlund a top 6/top 9 forward, Ekholm top 4 defenseman and Benning an bottom 4 defenseman, both on the defensive defensiveman side of things. We shipped out two good prospects in Egor Afanasyev (Winger) & Luke Prokop (Defenseman. And we shipped out a 1st and 3rd round pick this year.
Especially when it came to Granlund, I don't think we would have re-signed him, and if we have the option to do so now in the off-season, it made sense to move him and acquire assets.

Let's face it, we are not going to outscore opponents in this playoffs IF we get there in the end (form table is good with winning 10 or 11 out of the last 12 or 13 matches). So, with that in mind and for the future, we acquired Oliver Ekman-Larsson. He is a top-pair defenseman, and I think he would fit better into our system and a good longevity on a high level as his playing style makes him avoid major injuries and staying healthy.

We acquired Jason Demers for these playoffs if we hold this form and get in. Replacement for Benning with more experience & physicality and is a possible re-sign opportunity if he fits and likes it here. Could be a rental, could be more, we'll see. We also acquired Victor Mete which to me is a feasible bottom 4 defenseman with some upside, shown good things prior to this in Montreal, is an RFA and can stick around if we work it out. Derick Brassard is also a Predator now, we acquired him for veteran presence and experience, could have been a trade chip if something worked out, but it didn't. Happy to have him with us. And lastly we acquired Colton Sceviour because of cap-purposes, he's a rental. Got some experience, never enough bodies if you need it.

So, that is the roster players. What did we acquire outside that?

First let's deal with the picks.
1st round pick next year (2022) from MTL.
Three 2nd round picks. 2021 (TBL-pick) from MTL. 2nd round picks from the PIT in 2022 & 2023.
3rd round pick in 2023 fro TBL
4th round pick in 2022 from PIT

I'm quite satisfied overall with two pick going out and six picks coming in. Had accepted or come to agreements on Ryan Johansen or Ryan Ellis discussions, there could have been a good couple of more into the mix.

The prospects we got, to me are interesting. Taylor Raddysh a bit stuck in the TBL-system because of their solid depth on the main roster is a great and youthful addition on the wing. He is also NHL-ready quite soon. Jesse Ylonen is also an interesting pickup, and a player I think with some more development can fit into the style of play we want to have. Lastly, Brayden Burke who I think can come in and be a bit of a surprise addition with the change of scenery. He has never gotten anything for free, always fought himself into positions and with us looking to become younger and more offensively minded on the forward side, he will get an opportunity to come in and claim a spot.

Expansion Draft (and offseason):
When it comes to the expansion draft, we have to make some decisions. Either to go 7-3-1 or 4-4-1. With the trades in place, the most likely outcome is going 7-3-1, but also a possibility to go 4-4-1. There are obviously more players we like to protect than the ones highlighted, but those are for now those who will get protected. Either four more forwards or one forward and a defenseman will get protected, and some converstations with Seattle Kraken will need to take place of course.

For our own part. Pekka Rinne will come off the books. Only way he will get re-signed is if the salary/caphit is small. Juuse Saros will get re-signed, because we need to re-sign him to protect him. Jason Demers if there is a fit moneywise. Eeli Tolvanen requires a new contract, might wait with it as he is an RFA. Outside that, we would like to re-sign the prospects we acquired who are RFA's.

Matt Duchene
Ryan Johansen
Filip Forsberg
Viktor Arvidsson

Colton Sissons
Luke Kunin
Calle Jarnkrok
Erik Haula (UFA, meets requirements if we re-sign)
Nick Cousins
Yakov Trenin
Derick Brassard (UFA, meets requirements if we re-sign)
Brad Richardson (UFA, meets requirements if we re-sign)
Taylor Raddysh (RFA)
Brayden Burke (RFA)

Roman Josi (NMC)
Ryan Ellis
Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Jason Demers (UFA, meets requirements if we re-sign)
Mark Borowiecki
Dante Fabbro (RFA)
Victor Mete (RFA, meets requirements if we re-sign)
Ben Harpur (5 games away to meet requirements)
Luca Sbisa (9 games away to meet requirements)
Alexandre Carrier (12 games away to meet requirements)

Pekka Rinne (UFA)
Juuse Saros (RFA)
Connor Ingram

Exempt:
Eeli Tolvanen (RFA)
Jesse Ylonen

Last edited:
Reactions: XX and Richard88

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Trade
TBL receives
Alex Goligoski(50% salary retention)

Arizona receives
Tyler Johnson
Boris Katchouk
2022 1st round pick(TBL)
2021 4th round pick(TBL)
Tyler Johnson would never waive to go to Arizona in real life...

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Thanks guys for an enjoyable week of trades! I had some good discussions with a lot of you, and appreciate the quick responses. I got my business done early so had a quiet day today on the golf course with Jim Benning :naughty:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Tyler Johnson would never waive to go to Arizona in real life...

Maybe it is one of the 20 teams he will be putting on his trade list June 15 (or pre-draft)
I get he probably wants another run at the cup, but he may decide now is the time to pick his spot since he has a win already

Reactions: Richard88

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
This deadline the Penguins stood very still save for adding Granlund, in the hopes that having two members of Minnesota's former 1st line on the 3rd line could get some goals going. Washed out on physical guys, mainly because I was hoping to get cheap guys at the end of the day and my targets went early.

Thanks all - maybe next time I do one of these, I should pick a roster with the assets to be aggressive :laugh:

Do you want to join the new fantasy league

No thanks, I like doing these one-offs but am unwilling to commit full time.

Reactions: Richard88

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Anyone else wants to join
I was telling a couple of my buddies about this and they are interested In doing one. I am thinking about starting one up with some tweaks. This will be a team keeper league that will also play every year during the season with the team players you have something like Yahoo but also with 4 or 5 rounds of drafting prospects every year.
1. All trades are not finalized for 48 hrs. This gives other teams time to contact both parties to try and workout a better deal.
2. Each GM will have to keep track of their team and not be able to go over the cap. If they do their will be a penalty in draft picks.
3. If you make any trades during the week you will have to update your team and draft picks you own.
4. If GMs makes a trade that is very lopsided they will have to justify why and convince other GMs.
I already have a few teams taken.
5. Your team, prospects and picks as as Next Tuesday after free Agency.
6. After Tuesday any UFAs hat a team owns owns his rights. What ever the player is signed for on his new contract they can accept the. On tract and keep him or not. He can choose to trade him to a team that will own him for the contract amount.
7. SEA GM will be drafting his own team and same rules apply as NHL.
8. THIS IS GOING TO TURN INTO A FANTASY KEEPER LEAGUE WITH PROSPECTS AND PICKS. ARE YOU GUYS STILL IN.

This will obviously be a league that rolls over every year.
I am retired from the military so I have plenty of time to work on it and keep it going.
I am looking for dedicated GMs though that will commit.

So it's starting over then?
If it's done in Fantrax I could be interested in joining.
There is a small cost to it, running a proper league, but their setup is really good.
I'm already in a league there with caphit and everything.
They have their own drafting "simulator" sort of as well. So quite easy to do the draft, and the normal draft can be done offline in excel as well.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
So it's starting over then?
If it's done in Fantrax I could be interested in joining.
There is a small cost to it, running a proper league, but their setup is really good.
I'm already in a league there with caphit and everything.
They have their own drafting "simulator" sort of as well. So quite easy to do the draft, and the normal draft can be done offline in excel as well.
Thst is the one I am using it is only $99 a season I will pay that myself.
We have zGMs picking teams and I am in the process of putting the players to the team.
Give me a list of 4 teams you will want to run and hopefully one is not taken. Also give me your email so I can send your invite to you once I have it set up.

Reactions: SirKillalot

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
rockinghockey

Anyone else wants to join

I was telling a couple of my buddies about this and they are interested In doing one. I am thinking about starting one up with some tweaks. This will be a team keeper league that will also play every year during the season with the team players you have something like Yahoo but also with 4 or 5 rounds of drafting prospects every year.
1. All trades are not finalized for 48 hrs. This gives other teams time to contact both parties to try and workout a better deal.
2. Each GM will have to keep track of their team and not be able to go over the cap. If they do their will be a penalty in draft picks.
3. If you make any trades during the week you will have to update your team and draft picks you own.
4. If GMs makes a trade that is very lopsided they will have to justify why and convince other GMs.
I already have a few teams taken.
5. Your team, prospects and picks as as Next Tuesday after free Agency.
6. After Tuesday any UFAs hat a team owns owns his rights. What ever the player is signed for on his new contract they can accept the. On tract and keep him or not. He can choose to trade him to a team that will own him for the contract amount.
7. SEA GM will be drafting his own team and same rules apply as NHL.
8. THIS IS GOING TO TURN INTO A FANTASY KEEPER LEAGUE WITH PROSPECTS AND PICKS. ARE YOU GUYS STILL IN.

This will obviously be a league that rolls over every year.
I am retired from the military so I have plenty of time to work on it and keep it going.
I am looking for dedicated GMs though that will commit.
TEAMs taken
EDM Rockinghockey
TO Alex
CAR Paul
CHI Mrfenna92
VAN Ched Brosky
OTT Wilfred
PHI Flyersfan187
COL Richard88
SEA AslanRH
NYR Amadios Amigos
TB Morgan
DET MBH

I will CONTACT EVERYONE WITH MORE INFO​
I would be interested in this . I will take Dallas .

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Disgusted... Couple of GMs ruined this game.

Forgot why I don’t do those anymore, people fight to get in than they don’t care... Ridiculous and stupid.

Hope you enjoyed yours ! :)
I got screwed by Columbus G.M actually.
Late Sunday i offered Morgan Rielly/Kerfoot and Abramov for Laine and Jenner. He countered he would need a 2nd added so i agreed. Then he wouldn’t announce it or get back to me. This trade was back and forth with some wrinkles for days. Complete waste of time and of course not time Monday morning to move Riley for a fair deal. I was pretty choked. All fun and games but if you ate just being strung along having your time wasted it’s pretty crappy.

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyBarkov

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Late Sunday i offered Morgan Rielly/Kerfoot and Abramov for Laine and Jenner. He countered he would need a 2nd added so i agreed. Then he would announce it or get back to me. This trade was back and forth with some wrinkles for days. Complete waste of time and of course not time Monday morning to move Riley for a fair deal. I was pretty choked. All fun and games but if you ate just being strung along having your time wasted it’s pretty crappy.
It’s okay. The Columbus GM saved you based on that deal.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
It’s okay. The Columbus GM saved you based on that deal.
Not at all. I had a great lineup if and had a pretty nice 7/3/1 protected list for the expansion draft. Plus lots of cap space for next year’s Ufa’s etc. No i got the business. How would you know anyways, I haven’t posted my final team. Pull that take out of your armpits or what? My goal was move out Nylander and Rielly and be just as competitive and better shape on the cap. I would have been. I wasn’t doung it for a popularity contest dude.

Last edited:

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Late Sunday i offered Morgan Rielly/Kerfoot and Abramov for Laine and Jenner. He countered he would need a 2nd added so i agreed. Then he wouldn’t announce it or get back to me. This trade was back and forth with some wrinkles for days. Complete waste of time and of course not time Monday morning to move Riley for a fair deal. I was pretty choked. All fun and games but if you ate just being strung along having your time wasted it’s pretty crappy.

You should just have announced it then. Unless there was some trickery with the second you added, but if it was your own and 2021, you should just have announced it.?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
You should just have announced it then. Unless there was some trickery with the second you added, but if it was your own and 2021, you should just have announced it.?
I couldn’t just announce it. Maybe he’ll come in the thread and say why he disappeared after getting agreement on the deal. Just dummied me is my take. Wasted a couple days right at the end. He probably wouldn’t have confirmed it by the looks of it on hindsight so I’m glad I didn’t in that sense. All good, everyone was great. A really cool group involved. Kudos everyone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->