Mock Trade Deadline.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Want some playoff depth? see my buy low list a few posts up
My roster is already extremely deep so I'm not really interested in moving more futures for negligible upgrades.

The only moves I would really consider at this stage are prospect swaps, or a trade for an expansion exempt goalie prospect who can be my backup or No.3 next year.

Landeskog ---- Mackinnon ---- Rantanen
Hall ---------------- Kadri ------- Burakovsky
Saad ---------------- Jost -------- Donskoi
Laughton ------- Bellemare ----- Nichuskin
Calvert ------------ Bowers ------ O'Connor
(Calvert, O'Connor, Kaut, Bowers, O'Brien, Sherwood, etc)

Toews -------- Makar
Byram -------- Girard
Graves -------- Braun
MacDonald -- Timmins
Hutton -------- Pateryn
Renouf -------- Burroughs
Gilbert --------- (Johnson LTIR)

Grubauer
Reimer
Johansson
(Francouz LTIR)

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
My roster is already extremely deep so I'm not really interested in moving more futures for negligible upgrades.

The only moves I would really consider at this stage are prospect swaps, or a trade for an expansion exempt goalie prospect who can be my backup or No.3 next year.

Landeskog ---- Mackinnon ---- Rantanen
Hall ---------------- Kadri ------- Burakovsky
Saad ---------------- Jost -------- Donskoi
Laughton ------- Bellemare ----- Nichuskin
Calvert ------------ Bowers ------ O'Connor
(Calvert, O'Connor, Kaut, Bowers, O'Brien, Sherwood, etc)

Toews -------- Makar
Byram -------- Girard
Graves -------- Braun
MacDonald -- Timmins
Hutton -------- Pateryn
Renouf -------- Burroughs
Gilbert --------- (Johnson LTIR)

Grubauer
Reimer
Johansson
(Francouz LTIR)
Pretty sure you traded Bowers. Yep for Laughton.

Reactions: Richard88

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I'm interested in hearing more about the format, but in the meantime you can put me down for the Avs. I've enjoyed interacting with everyone in this thread :)

Agreed. Definitely needs to be in the GM Games forum though.

It can be a monster to run these, even if you have 1 or 2 co-commissioners.
I've never participated/commished in a Keeper version though, so it may not be as chaotic.

I wouldn't mind tossing my hat in for the Kraken if this gets up and running

OB5

May 2, 2015

I've never participated/commished in a Keeper version though, so it may not be as chaotic.

We have them all the time and run great games. We have a good crew but always need more GMs.

Reactions: AmadiosAmigos

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I was telling a couple of my buddies about this and they are interested In doing one. I am thinking about starting one up with some tweaks. This will be a team keeper league that will also play every year during the season with the team players you have something like Yahoo but also with 4 or 5 rounds of drafting prospects every year.
1. All trades are not finalized for 48 hrs. This gives other teams time to contact both parties to try and workout a better deal.
2. Each GM will have to keep track of their team and not be able to go over the cap. If they do their will be a penalty in draft picks.
3. If you make any trades during the week you will have to update your team and draft picks you own.
4. If GMs makes a trade that is very lopsided they will have to justify why and convince other GMs.
I already have a few teams taken.
5. Your team, prospects and picks as as Next Tuesday after free Agency.
6. After Tuesday any UFAs hat a team owns owns his rights. What ever the player is signed for on his new contract they can accept the. On tract and keep him or not. He can choose to trade him to a team that will own him for the contract amount.

This will obviously be a league that rolls over every year.
I am retired from the military so I have plenty of time to work on it and keep it going.
I am looking for dedicated GMs though that will commit.
TEAMs taken
EDM Rockinghockey
TO Alex
CAR Paul
CHI Mrfenna92
VAN Ched Brosky
OTT Wilfred

I will put up a link up later
The bold is what rules have been added and the teams taken already. If you want a team send me a message.

OB5

May 2, 2015
I will start the new league in there will get it up running today
That new league sounds a lot like a real fantasy hockey league, not sure you're going to get the buy in from the boards...but go for it!

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
We have them all the time and run great games. We have a good crew but always need more GMs.

To all of the new folks, this is true.

Hope to be in the next one you guys set up

I took last year off (I was being a poor sport in one game so figured I needed a break)
but I have been in a couple with you guys and you all do great job.

Reactions: OB5

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008

Ok we will also go with the same rules for the expansion draft and you can make your own picks

Reactions: AslanRH

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
I was telling a couple of my buddies about this and they are interested In doing one. I am thinking about starting one up with some tweaks. This will be a team keeper league that will also play every year during the season with the team players you have something like Yahoo but also with 4 or 5 rounds of drafting prospects every year.
1. All trades are not finalized for 48 hrs. This gives other teams time to contact both parties to try and workout a better deal.
2. Each GM will have to keep track of their team and not be able to go over the cap. If they do their will be a penalty in draft picks.
3. If you make any trades during the week you will have to update your team and draft picks you own.
4. If GMs makes a trade that is very lopsided they will have to justify why and convince other GMs.
6. After Tuesday any UFAs hat a team owns owns his rights. What ever the player is signed for on his new contract they can accept the. On tract and keep him or not. He can choose to trade him to a team that will own him for the contract amount.

I am retired from the military so I have plenty of time to work on it and keep it going.
TEAMs taken
EDM Rockinghockey
TO Alex
CAR Paul
CHI Mrfenna92
VAN Ched Brosky
OTT Wilfred

Id be in

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
7. SEA GM will be drafting his own team and same rules apply as NHL.
8. THIS IS GOING TO TURN INTO A FANTASY KEEPER LEAGUE WITH PROSPECTS AND PICKS. ARE YOU GUYS STILL IN.

TEAMs taken
EDM Rockinghockey
TO Alex
CAR Paul
CHI Mrfenna92
VAN Ched Brosky
OTT Wilfred
PHI Flyersfan187
COL Richard88
SEA AslanRH
Amadios Amigos

I added the new GMs.
Yes, I wanted to make it into a fantasy league with prospects and draft picks.
How do you all feel about that?

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Last day of our trade deadline.
NSH have available firepower offensively both on the forward and defense side. We have veteran depth forwards, physical d-men and a proven veteran goalie.

Ryan Ellis to really upgrade your d-core?
Mikael Granlund or Erik Haula to a contender?
Derick Brassard or Brad Richardson to strengthen your bottom six?
A physical d-man to add depth to your d-core?
A proven veteran goalie to a cup-run?

We have what you need on the countryside.

Our available players:

• Matt Duchene
  • Ryan Johansen
  • Ryan Ellis
  • Mikael Granlund
  • Colton Sissons
  • Erik Haula
  • Nick Cousins
  • Derick Brassard
  • Brad Richardson
  • Jason Demers (50% retained salary)
  • Mark Borowiecki
  • Luca Sbisa
  • Alexandre Carrier
  • Ben Harpur
  • Pekka Rinne

wilfred

Jan 13, 2010
New Bunswick
Want to thank MBH for this Mock trade Deadline, its lots of fun and enjoyed talking to my fellow GM's
Here are my 2 trades
OTT

1. Bouchard, Evan
  2. Broberg, Philip
  3. Neal, James
  4. 2021 1st round pick (EDM)
  5. 2022 1st round pick (EDM)
EDM

1. Chabot, Thomas
  2. Dzingel, Ryan ($1,600,000 retained)
OTT

1. Giordano, Mark
CGY

1. 2021 3rd round pick (OTT)
Very happy with both trades Chabot is one of my favorite players in the league, but I think this team is still a few years away from the playoffs and I needed to accumulate some more picks and prospects. Giordano is going to be a great mentor for this team and I could retain an trade him this year or next for a very good return.

My plan going into the offseason and expansion draft is to use my picks and prospectsto pick up some players who can't be protected by there team. I only need to protect Giordano on d so I have a few spots open, same goes for my forwards
We still have a few hours before the trade deadline and I still have some player you might like and I can still retain on 2 players so lets talk

Anisimov, Giordano, Gudbranson, Reilly, Zaitsev, Tierney

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
7. SEA GM will be drafting his own team and same rules apply as NHL.
8. THIS IS GOING TO TURN INTO A FANTASY KEEPER LEAGUE WITH PROSPECTS AND PICKS. ARE YOU GUYS STILL IN.

TEAMs taken
EDM Rockinghockey
TO Alex
CAR Paul
CHI Mrfenna92
VAN Ched Brosky
OTT Wilfred
PHI Flyersfan187
COL Richard88
SEA AslanRH
NYR Amadios Amigos
TB Morgan
DET MBH

I will CONTACT EVERYONE WITH MORE INFO
Here is the latest list if anyone else is interested in joining.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
:vegas

Was hoping to make some final moves, but ran out of time waiting on a response.

Overall we are pretty happy going forward with this group though, so no loss.

We will be experimenting with Stephenson, Glass, and Strome between the top wingers to see what works best.

We added a bit of depth on defense and will be able to call up Hague and Coghlan from the taxi squad once the cap is no longer an issue.

We also have a few exciting forwards with the Silver Knights that are ready to go when needed.

mock2.JPG
mock1.JPG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad