Pre-Game Talk: MNW @ TRT - January 3rd @ 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
If Babs really wants to shake up the forward group, try this for more than a period:

Johnsson Matthews Kapanen
Kadri Tavares Marner
Moore Marleau Nylander
Lindholm Goat Brown

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
it's not like that did any favours for Pickard though. Sparks was actually one of the main reasons the Marlies team was so amazing. look at their goal differential now with terrible goalies

They also lost a bunch of players though, very different team compared to last year. Kapanen, Dermott and Johnsson were big parts as were some of the AHL vets.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
it's not like that did any favours for Pickard though. Sparks was actually one of the main reasons the Marlies team was so amazing. look at their goal differential now with terrible goalies
I don't think anyone doubts he's a great minor league goalie.
He's not a very good NHL goalie which is the problem most have with him.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Fourth straight start for Sparks, hopefully the extended run starts adding to his confidence

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Is it possible that Hutch's game is better suited for the NHL than Sparks'. Let's give the guy a game or two before we say he is worse.
The moment Sparks is not playing in place of Andersen is the signal he's no longer seen as the #2.
Until he's waived Sparks will play, God help us!

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
If Babs really wants to shake up the forward group, try this for more than a period:

Johnsson Matthews Kapanen
Kadri Tavares Marner
Moore Marleau Nylander
Lindholm Goat Brown

Agreed. Matthews needs top talent.

I'd swap Kap and Nylander whenever, I feel like Kap and Moore have the same insane speed bursts and would have good looks at the net.

Yeah...Hes a bit faster than Johnsson ( so far )

Jordan

Sep 8, 2007
Does it though? What is the actual rule? I dont know
Yes. Emergency recall is permitted when a team has fewer than two healthy goalies. Kaskisuo was an emergency recall.

Even if it wasn't an emergency situation, for some reason, Hutchinson would sail through waivers without an issue.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I don't think anyone doubts he's a great minor league goalie.
He's not a very good NHL goalie which is the problem most have with him.

He's barely played in the NHL.

Skaters get to make rookie mistakes and are given time to find their way. Not sure why this is apparently out of the question for Sparks, like he has to perform like an elite goalie from day one or get out.

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Is it possible that Hutch's game is better suited for the NHL than Sparks'. Let's give the guy a game or two before we say he is worse.

Sparks is going to have to **** the bed hard or get hurt with Andersen still out for that to happen, Hutchinson is insurance, very questionable insurance

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
hutch is (present tense - this year) terrible and sparks was (past tense - last year) the best goalie in nhl

but at present both have sucked,
Sparks was the best goalie in the NHL?
giphy.gif

:sarcasm:

Reactions: PromisedLand
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad