Pre-Game Talk: MNW @ TRT - January 3rd @ 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Sep 8, 2007
I'm surprised Hutchinson hasn't been called up already honestly

They don't need to call him up until right before the game, then he heads back down immediately afterwards. Same treatment Moore is getting, except the back-up goalie doesn't need to practice with the team.

Reactions: Kiwi

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
It's Christmas break. And besides, even if it weren't, schools aren't going to be snapping up $100+ tickets.

It's definitely for the kids during their Christmas break.

They mentioned it in their statement.

Thousands of young hockey fans are expected to be attendance at the Next Generation Game — which celebrates youth and the future of hockey.

“The Toronto Maple Leafs are proud to host the Next Generation Game to celebrate the youth in our community and encourage the next generation of fans to reach their hockey dreams,” Leafs president Brendan Shanahan said in a statement last month.

“With youth at the forefront of this special game, we look forward to uniting fans of all ages in celebration of our next generation from now until gameday.”

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
They're trying to make one game a year for the "next generation." I imagine a bunch of schools will get some tickets, stuff like that. They're probably also tying their esports stuff to this game a little more.

I don't mind the early game, for me what's annoying is that it's at the same time as Liverpool's biggest game of the year.
Next gen game.JPG

This came with the tickets.

Jordan

Sep 8, 2007
It's definitely for the kids during their Christmas break.

They mentioned it in their statement.
Obviously. It's not a school thing is all I was pointing out.

All they're asking is for season ticket holders to bring kids or give their tickets to kids. Good luck with that. I would imagine it will have a Godfrey-era Jr. Jays Saturday feel to it, cartoony, pop music stuff.

In the end, it will probably just irritate people because it's during a weekday at an inconvenient time.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
They don't need to call him up until right before the game, then he heads back down immediately afterwards. Same treatment Moore is getting, except the back-up goalie doesn't need to practice with the team.

Since Hutchinson hasn't been good this season or even with the team for long so I thought they may have wanted him practicing with the team, even if it's just to meet the rest of the boys

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
It's Christmas break.
This is the 2nd 'Next Generation Game', you can expect this every year going forward.
I thought there was something to with the first NHL or Leafs game was an afternoon game; poor Marner:popcorn:

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Obviously. It's not a school thing is all I was pointing out.

All they're asking is for season ticket holders to bring kids or give their tickets to kids. Good luck with that. I would imagine it will have a Godfrey-era Jr. Jays Saturday feel to it, cartoony, pop music stuff.

In the end, it will probably just irritate people because it's during a weekday at an inconvenient time.
I'm taking my daughter and there were lots of kids there last year. This year should be no different.
Why would this irritate anyone?

Reactions: MattySnipes

Jordan

Sep 8, 2007
Since Hutchinson hasn't been good this season or even with the team for long so I thought they may have wanted him practicing with the team, even if it's just to meet the rest of the boys
It's all about the cap savings, I doubt they care whether the 3rd stringer gets to know anybody. Besides, the Marlies practice in the same building, I'm sure they've all met.

Jordan

Sep 8, 2007
I'm taking my daughter and there were lots of kids there last year. This year should be no different.
Why would this irritate anyone?
Lots of people work and have other stuff to do during weekdays and can't watch/go to the game.

Reactions: JustAShadow

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
It's all about the cap savings, I doubt they care whether the 3rd stringer gets to know anybody. Besides, the Marlies practice in the same building, I'm sure they've all met.

We're going to have 24M at the deadline in cap space so that seems a tad excessive

The guys been brutal this year, I'd have wanted him with the Leafs goalie coach asap personally and forgone the cap savings

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Lots of people work and have other stuff to do during weekdays and can't watch/go to the game.
Weekday, once a season.
People have to prioritize whats important to them.
If it's important to watch live, make that happen. There will always be a time conflict for lots of people who work or have stuff to do no matter when the game is scheduled.

Jordan

Sep 8, 2007
We're going to have 24M at the deadline in cap space so that seems a tad excessive

The guys been brutal this year, I'd have wanted him with the Leafs goalie coach asap personally
They practice in the same building. They're all working with the same specialty coaches.

They're being ultra-conservative because they cannot allow ELC bonuses to carry-over again. So this is the approach, save every penny and make sure there's plenty available to be spent at the deadline.

Reactions: JustAShadow

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
We ruined NYI last year in our matinee game, let's ruin the wild.

Go Leafs!

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Yeah mayne they just confirmed sparks but it ain't no thang mayne. Andy andersen is already speaking in tongues and still on the ice with the buds. He'll be back this week already son of a berzerk. We gladly have only two games this week God. We still might even win the ice hockey game tomorrow, but we needs to get some forecheckas.
Ain't no thayne but a chicken wayne, mayne.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I dont think it will be Hutchinson coming up unless they can do it under some emergency circumstance. Otherwise he'll need waivers to go back down. The Marlies need competent goaltending.

Jordan

Sep 8, 2007
I dont think it will be Hutchinson coming up unless they can do it under some emergency circumstance. Otherwise he'll need waivers to go back down. The Marlies need competent goaltending.
They have one healthy goalie. I'd say that qualifies as emergency circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad