Pre-Game Talk: MNW @ TRT - January 3rd @ 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Big start for Sparks. Noticing on the radio his performance is more and more a topic of conversation, another dud and it gets interesting.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Lines at Practice. I like em.

Brown-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Kapanen
Lindholm-Gauthier-Moore

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov
Marincin-Holl

Sparks
Fotino

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Yeah mayne they just confirmed sparks but it ain't no thang mayne. Andy andersen is already speaking in tongues and still on the ice with the buds. He'll be back this week already son of a berzerk. We gladly have only two games this week God. We still might even win the ice hockey game tomorrow, but we needs to get some forecheckas.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
So when do we call up Hutchinson? As an aside, I don't like that Babs said they don't have a date for Freddie's return.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Lines at Practice. I like em.

Brown-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Kapanen
Lindholm-Gauthier-Moore

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov
Marincin-Holl

Sparks
Fotino

Some people won't like this take,

Looks like we are slowly trying to get our lines back into how they will look when Hyman is back.

Babs wants to get chemistry on Matthews/Kadri lines.

Brown slides back to 4th line // possibly being showcased in the process.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Another big NZT test.

I would love to see a change in our breakout game, meaning 2-3 short, quick pass through our zone and the neutral zone.

It's such a joke that a team with talent like Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Johnsson, Kapanen, Rielly, Gardiner, Dermott doesn't have any breakout game, whatsoever, other than the stretch pass.

It's obviously not a players problem, rather the coach and this horrible, ugly "system".

Reactions: ToMaLe and AreBe

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Big start for Sparks. Noticing on the radio his performance is more and more a topic of conversation, another dud and it gets interesting.

I'd hope management wouldn't be stupid enough to listen to what the media is saying, no good can come from that imo

So when do we call up Hutchinson? As an aside, I don't like that Babs said they don't have a date for Freddie's return.

We've got a buffer in the standings, as long as this doesn't drag on for multiple weeks we should be able to tread water until he's back, I hope

I'm surprised Hutchinson hasn't been called up already honestly

Not to mention rest for freddy to ensure he drops under the 60-61 game mark. Though this isn’t the way I had hoped it would happen.

It may be a positive in the long run, at least this forces us to give Freddy some rest rather than continuing to ride him like a rented mule

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I lucked out for the Hurricanes game when it was that midday game. Doubt I will this year.

So dumb

I don't miss many games..... Will be 2nd this year, other being a buddies wedding.....(wasn't impressed)

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
They have already let the kids down on Saturday night, hopefully they will come up strong tomorrow afternoon (although this has perfect trap game written all over it)

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Seems like we might get one of these around the holidays every year.

There was one last season vs. the Hurricanes.
The one last year was to mark the 100th year, with the game being played the same time the first game was, IIRC. This is different.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
The one last year was to mark the 100th year, with the game being played the same time the first game was, IIRC. This is different.

I remember hearing that too, but then also remember hearing that the start time wasn't actually at 2PM in 1917.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
They're trying to make one game a year for the "next generation." I imagine a bunch of schools will get some tickets, stuff like that. They're probably also tying their esports stuff to this game a little more.

I don't mind the early game, for me what's annoying is that it's at the same time as Liverpool's biggest game of the year.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Oh my! 2 radio stations filling dead time with criticism of Sparks
Stats geek Dubas will not succumb to on air quibbling
"The only back-up goalie you have is a cheap one" are my remarks
Sparks was an exceptionally good AHL goalie and getting rid of him means he will win the Vezna elsewhere, that's what you'd be witnessing!

Jordan

Sep 8, 2007
They're trying to make one game a year for the "next generation." I imagine a bunch of schools will get some tickets, stuff like that. They're probably also tying their esports stuff to this game a little more.

I don't mind the early game, for me what's annoying is that it's at the same time as Liverpool's biggest game of the year.
It's Christmas break. And besides, even if it weren't, schools aren't going to be snapping up $100+ tickets.

Reactions: AreBe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad