MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements 10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I just watched Chandler and Dariush's interviews with Okamoto. Chandler is brutal, actually reminds me of a hockey player just throwing out one cliche after another. What was interesting with Dariush's interview is Okamoto asked him if Tony felt dangerous at all in the octagon compared with his other opponents and Dariush thought about it for a second and said no. He wasn't even trying to trash talk Tony and actually looked like he was reluctant to say it. Said he was surprised at how little Tony tried to get up in a lot of those moments on the ground.

Reactions: pistolpete11

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I just watched Chandler and Dariush's interviews with Okamoto. Chandler is brutal, actually reminds me of a hockey player just throwing out one cliche after another. What was interesting with Dariush's interview is Okamoto asked him if Tony felt dangerous at all in the octagon compared with his other opponents and Dariush thought about it for a second and said no. He wasn't even trying to trash talk Tony and actually looked like he was reluctant to say it. Said he was surprised at how little Tony tried to get up in a lot of those moments on the ground.
The clichés with Chandler drive me crazy as well. I don't love fighter interviews to begin with, but he makes them unlistenable.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I can look at Loureda's IG as long as anyone, but man she's a tough watch in the cage. Her striking is so slow and her fight IQ is awful.

Reactions: 16Skippy

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Cyborg just caught Smith flush with a bomb at the end of round 2 and Smith ate it, I’m wildly impressed by her durability and not at all impressed with her actual ability

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Cyborg just caught Smith flush with a bomb at the end of round 2 and Smith ate it, I’m wildly impressed by her durability and not at all impressed with her actual ability

Yeah she was basically a punching bad in there.

Kind of a trash Bellator card to be honest.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah she was basically a punching bad in there.

Kind of a trash Bellator card to be honest.

yeah worst they’ve put together in awhile imo. I only caught the last couple of fights but I looked at the rest of the card and was very underwhelmed. Looked like Saad Awad had a nice win

Hopefully a commission doesn’t let Tyler King fight anymore

Mr. Van Zant staying undefeated against Leon Edwards brother was a nice touch, even though the fight was largely boring

Last edited:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I can look at Loureda's IG as long as anyone, but man she's a tough watch in the cage. Her striking is so slow and her fight IQ is awful.
I just saw clips this morning. She was getting beat up in the clinch against the fence, finally separates, and then throws the slowest spinning back kick or wheel kick I've ever seen and immediately ends up back in the clinch or taken down.

Eventually, one of these IG fighters will prove to be legit, but I don't think she's gonna be the one. Dern is probably the closest at the moment, but I've still got big questions about her overall athleticism and striking when it comes to MMA. She could end up winning any fight that ends up on the ground, but you need more than that in today's MMA.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I just saw clips this morning. She was getting beat up in the clinch against the fence, finally separates, and then throws the slowest spinning back kick or wheel kick I've ever seen and immediately ends up back in the clinch or taken down.

Eventually, one of these IG fighters will prove to be legit, but I don't think she's gonna be the one. Dern is probably the closest at the moment, but I've still got big questions about her overall athleticism and striking when it comes to MMA. She could end up winning any fight that ends up on the ground, but you need more than that in today's MMA.

Her corner was basically yelling at her the entire time to stop being stupid and she just didn't listen.

I'm sure Bellator can find some 1-3 soccer mom to throw in there with her again, but she has no future in this sport. At all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad