MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements 10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Keep in mind how much this guy fought in 2020, the time off so far probably seems like 10 years to him. I hope he makes a full recovery and is back at it soon. Some of these guys continued to train while having Covid and really took the brunt of it. Cody Gabrandt recently talked about training with Covid and the setback it caused for him, on Rogan.

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The hope would be over time that with so much focus on Covid some great innovation will come out in terms of treating people who have these kind of symptoms after they get it. Might take some time, but I think they'll get get there.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Keep in mind how much this guy fought in 2020, the time off so far probably seems like 10 years to him. I hope he makes a full recovery and is back at it soon. Some of these guys continued to train while having Covid and really took the brunt of it. Cody Gabrandt recently talked about training with Covid and the setback it caused for him, on Rogan.

Yeah, as @BGDDYKWL mentioned above there is probably a ton of mental anguish going on. Hopefully things improve for him sooner than later.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Happy trails to a legend. I wonder where he’ll pop up. Hopefully somewhere far away from drug tests

Big Reem too

:eek:

I think we all knew JDS was a possibility. 4 TKO loses in a row is never a good thing even if it is against elite level guys. Overeem though only lost to the top level guys and was still picking up some good wins.

I'm not upset. I think both should retire from fighting. They've made some money and had long, hard careers. Just surprised.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
As mentioned, both well past their primes, but at least you'd see the name on the card and have some level of interest. Man HW is THIN right now. I feel like they still served a purpose for up and comers to sort of get exposure off of, but there's of course the financial side of things. Reem really did look noticeably old in his last fight, and JDS, well the results lately speak for themselves.

We could conceivably see Stipe be done soon as well I would guess. I really hope someone emerges from somewhere because I think it's fair to say HW is currently the least interesting it's ever been.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not too surprising and we had already discussed this possibility with JDS. All the best to two of the best HWs of their generation. I can see both still picking up wins and looking good against lesser competition. Bellator might be appealing but Overeem should just go back overseas where there's no drug testing. Sign with Rizin and bring back Ubereem.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not too surprising and we had already discussed this possibility with JDS. All the best to two of the best HWs of their generation. I can see both still picking up wins and looking good against lesser competition. Bellator might be appealing but Overeem should just go back overseas where there's no drug testing. Sign with Rizin and bring back Ubereem.

How dare you imply he used PED’s?????? it was horse meat

Reactions: Avs_19

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Have to think the wins for Gane, Aspinall, and Daukaus factored in here. All 3 should be fixtures in the top 15 so cutting some costs makes more sense.

Too bad though, big fan of both guys.

Reactions: CDJ and BGDDYKWL

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
It was definitely time for both JDS and Overeem to move on toward retirement. I think Dana likes both guys and wants nothing to do with them adding more damage to their health. Unfortunately they may very well be Bellator pickups.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
His YouTube is his own, isn't it? So I imagine he'll still do that.

he put out a statement- from the sounds of things it seems like there was a miscommunication of sorts where he had his team quarantine only for the ufc to revoke their access without an explanation

I’d be kinda pissed off too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad