MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements 10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I thought I read it was an altercation with a female employee, they left out any kind of details though.
It sounds like he probably yelled at a UFC employee because they revoked his access. The fact the employee was female seems to be inconsequential unless his word choices were female-centric.

This is complete speculation, but the Brits are very fond a word that begins with 'c' that American females would not take kindly to.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
It sounds like he probably yelled at a UFC employee because they revoked his access. The fact the employee was female seems to be inconsequential unless his word choices were female-centric.

This is complete speculation, but the Brits are very fond a word that begins with 'c' that American females would not take kindly to.

lmao, it's possible. The article was specific to mention a female.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
lmao, it's possible. The article was specific to mention a female.

I hate that everywhere made note that it was a female employee because in today's world it implied that it was some sexual conduct issue or something along those lines. If it is just some disagreement that happened to involve a female it's a pure clickbait, garbage headline.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Ferguson vs Dariush at ufc 262

that will be wild

Tony Ferguson vs. Beneil Dariush targeted for UFC 262
Dariush is a solid fighter, but this is a get right fight for Tony. If not, then you can close the book on him ever seriously contending for a title again.

Who the hell is headlining UFC 262? It's only 2 months away.

125: Fig-Moreno is scheduled for June
135: Sterling-Yan just fought.
145: Volk-Ortega is coming up in a couple weeks.
155: Khabib is retired and it sounds like Poirier-Conor 3 in summer
170: ? Masvidal said he was getting a rematch in September...September only made sense if they are coaching TUF, so maybe they will move this up to UFC 262?
185: Izzy just fought and all potential contenders are fighting in April
205: Jan just fought and said he wanted to take some time
265: Stipe-Francis is coming up in a couple of weeks

115: Weili-Rose is coming up in April
125: Valentina-Andrade is coming up in April
135: Maybe Nunes takes it on short notice against Pena? Sounded like she wanted to spend time with her kid...

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Perfect fight for Ferguson & Dariush, though I also would have been fine with Hooker vs either one.

As for UFC262, good question.

I am going to guess Jan/Glover on a quick turnaround.

Realistic backup options..

Nate vs someone? Masvidal v Colby?

Ferguson/Dariush might actually be a clue that they are starting to book 155 fights. Maybe a Chandler/Oliviera interim belt fight?

I still think Poirier/Conor could happen there too.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Perfect fight for Ferguson & Dariush, though I also would have been fine with Hooker vs either one.

Ferguson/Dariush might actually be a clue that they are starting to book 155 fights. Maybe a Chandler/Oliviera interim belt fight?

Nate Diaz bat signal is my prediction. Put him in there against like Condit or some other name that kinda stinks now

Jan-Glover is probably accurate, they’ll just have to give Jan a little extra sprinkle

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Poirier-Nate at 170? If Poirier wins (which I think he would), he's a massive star for the Conor trilogy. I think the Conor trilogy still works even if he loses because he'd be fighting Nate at 170.

If they don't want to risk Poirier-Conor 3, Chandler-Oliveira for an interim belt wouldn't be bad either. Poirier said himself Conor for the belt doesn't make sense. If/when the UFC realizes Khabib isn't coming back, just promote Chandler/Oliveira to the champ and do them against the Poirier-Conor 3 winner. Charlie Olive has turned down some short notice fights, but I think Tony was relatively short notice and if it's for the belt, he might do it.

I think Conor is going to want more time to figure some things out, so I doubt it's Poirier-Conor 3. I also think the UFC prefers more lead time to hype up a Conor fight.

I think Masvidal is in line for the title shot. If he's not fighting Usman, then why risk it?

I think Jan should do a quick turnaround to capitalize on beating one of the bigger stars in the UFC in Izzy, but he said he wanted 6 months before Glover. To go from that to 2 months seems drastic unless the UFC is willing to pay him. I don't think they would be that thrilled to pay a lot for Jan.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Nate Diaz bat signal is my prediction. Put him in there against like Condit or some other name that kinda stinks now

Jan-Glover is probably accurate, they’ll just have to give Jan a little extra sprinkle
Nate-Tony at 170 would have been a good one. Not that Tony stinks, but it's an intriguing fight that I could see both guys thinking they would win and both would get some rub with a win. If Nate beats Condit, it's like OK. And if he loses, yikes.

....also Nate-Tony would be a bad ass fight.

Reactions: CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Poirier-Nate at 170? If Poirier wins (which I think he would), he's a massive star for the Conor trilogy. I think the Conor trilogy still works even if he loses because he'd be fighting Nate at 170.

If they don't want to risk Poirier-Conor 3, Chandler-Oliveira for an interim belt wouldn't be bad either. Poirier said himself Conor for the belt doesn't make sense. If/when the UFC realizes Khabib isn't coming back, just promote Chandler/Oliveira to the champ and do them against the Poirier-Conor 3 winner. Charlie Olive has turned down some short notice fights, but I think Tony was relatively short notice and if it's for the belt, he might do it.

I think Conor is going to want more time to figure some things out, so I doubt it's Poirier-Conor 3. I also think the UFC prefers more lead time to hype up a Conor fight.

I think Masvidal is in line for the title shot. If he's not fighting Usman, then why risk it?

I think Jan should do a quick turnaround to capitalize on beating one of the bigger stars in the UFC in Izzy, but he said he wanted 6 months before Glover. To go from that to 2 months seems drastic unless the UFC is willing to pay him. I don't think they would be that thrilled to pay a lot for Jan.

Conor's recent build-ups have been much shorter - I don't think he's interested in all the press as much right now. I think they'll wait until they have fans for his next fight, though maybe if they did 262 in Texas?

But yeah, I think we've got all the potential options. If it's not something on these lists I would be surprised.

Didn't know about Jan's 6 month comment. I'll guess Chandler/Gaethje for the 155lb belt then. Or maybe Conor waits and Poirier gets in there.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Conor's recent build-ups have been much shorter - I don't think he's interested in all the press as much right now. I think they'll wait until they have fans for his next fight, though maybe if they did 262 in Texas?

But yeah, I think we've got all the potential options. If it's not something on these lists I would be surprised.

Didn't know about Jan's 6 month comment. I'll guess Chandler/Gaethje for the 155lb belt then. Or maybe Conor waits and Poirier gets in there.
I agree it's something at 155 for the interim belt. I'll go with Chandler-Oliveira.

Reactions: m9

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Will be out for 6 months before fighting next.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Just based on what he said?

I recall reading a medical suspension for 6 months.

Dana White names Jan Blachowicz’s next opponent

"This may be music to Glover’s ears, but there’s one hurdle left. Medical suspensions have come back for the recent event and have got current champ Jan Blachowicz on the shelf for six months.:"

However, when I just clicked the link it said the following:

"Jan Blachowicz: Suspended until April 6, no contact until March 28"

Either I'm really drunk, or that is some serious misinformation from SBnation.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I recall reading a medical suspension for 6 months.

Dana White names Jan Blachowicz’s next opponent

"This may be music to Glover’s ears, but there’s one hurdle left. Medical suspensions have come back for the recent event and have got current champ Jan Blachowicz on the shelf for six months.:"

However, when I just clicked the link it said the following:

"Jan Blachowicz: Suspended until April 6, no contact until March 28"

Either I'm really drunk, or that is some serious misinformation from SBnation.

Either way, medical suspensions are just placeholders until they get medically cleared so I wouldn't be too worried about that unless we heard about a specific injury.

Reactions: CDJ

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
@m9

They could make it worth his while to come back that soon, but as I said before, I doubt he's a big enough draw for the UFC to offer more money.

Reactions: m9

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
It looks like Khamzat is doing a little better. Tagged Magny again in one of his IG posts yesterday and Ali Abdelaziz says he's doing good.

It would be hilarious after all this if he ends up fighting Magny who has been calling for that fight for months with Dana seemingly ignoring him lol.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It looks like Khamzat is doing a little better. Tagged Magny again in one of his IG posts yesterday and Ali Abdelaziz says he's doing good.

It would be hilarious after all this if he ends up fighting Magny who has been calling for that fight for months with Dana seemingly ignoring him lol.

That was always the appropriate fight to make. Hope Chimaev bounces back and they get it booked.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Usman vs. Masvidal 2
Valentina vs. Andrade
Weili vs. Rose

They're stacking this one.

I'm glad TUF isn't pushing Usman/Masvidal into the summer/fall. Masvidal getting an immediate title shot doesn't make a lot of sense but at least it's happening soon. Even more reason for Edwards to get a fight booked ASAP.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Wowwee

summary: full crowd, Masvidal-Usman headlining with the two women’s title fights

Edit: I’m so 2000andlate

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
As soon as Leon's fight ended the way it did I had a feeling Masvidal vs. Usman was going to happen. It really makes no sense but it's the big money fight for the promotion and those guys. I don't see the result being any different except for maybe Usman getting a finish.

Reactions: I am not exposed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad