MLS Thread: 2020 Edition

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I mean the charts speak for themselves about our issues.
ElnEK3eU4AAz8YP

Elm1N6CU0AE8rB6

ElnD9pEUcAA9910

For as much crap as Arena got after the National team missing the World Cup, he's a hell of an MLS coach.

Also to help do some math, Zlatan scored 52 goals in 56 games for the Galaxy. In 2018 he scored 22 of our 66 goals which was 33% of our goals scored that season. In 2019 he scored 30 goals of our 58 which is about 52%. Just absolutely insane numbers that shows how great of a goal scorer he was, but just think of how good this team could've been if we had some resemblance of a defense. I would've loved to have kept him, but know him and his personality anything less than a championship is unacceptable and he knew we weren't winning anytime soon.
arena singlehandedly got the galaxy back on track after those nightmare years from 06-08. he deserves all the credit for that

and 100% agreed with your comment about the defense. if the FO had bothered putting together an actual backline, i think they could've won it all last season with zlatan. the loss to LAFC summed up the entire season perfectly. offense wasn't the issue, but the backline was hilariously pathetic

i don't get why they feel like they need to go out and hire a new coach when they have a guy with 2 MLS cups under his belt already there in kinnear. i think he deserves the job, hell, even zlatan wanted him to get the job but they hired GBS

Reactions: kingsboy11

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
arena singlehandedly got the galaxy back on track after those nightmare years from 06-08. he deserves all the credit for that

and 100% agreed with your comment about the defense. if the FO had bothered putting together an actual backline, i think they could've won it all last season with zlatan. the loss to LAFC summed up the entire season perfectly. offense wasn't the issue, but the backline was hilariously pathetic

i don't get why they feel like they need to go out and hire a new coach when they have a guy with 2 MLS cups under his belt already there in kinnear. i think he deserves the job, hell, even zlatan wanted him to get the job but they hired GBS

This isn’t 2010, you don’t want Kinnear as your coach.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hudson River Derby
source.gif
Worst Metro team in over a decade because we decided to chuck the season before it even began. Making the postseason with that roster (even an expanded one) was really the best that could've been done. Going to be lots of changes this offseason as they didn't spend all that money on a coach only to give him a roster of USL level players.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Worst Metro team in over a decade because we decided to chuck the season before it even began. Making the postseason with that roster (even an expanded one) was really the best that could've been done. Going to be lots of changes this offseason as they didn't spend all that money on a coach only to give him a roster of USL level players.
Still an L dude. Accept it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
And just like that TFC is right back in the Shield race. Not the prettiest of wins but we will take it!

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Ah f*** off Galaxy. We would've been eliminated even if we won, but man that's such a Galaxy way to blow a game. The team is playing marginally better under Kinnear, but I'm not sold on him.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Ah f*** off Galaxy. We would've been eliminated even if we won, but man that's such a Galaxy way to blow a game. The team is playing marginally better under Kinnear, but I'm not sold on him.
what a shock, rolf comes in and they score right away. why do they keep trash like him around? i don't get it

they've looked noticeably better under kinnear. i hope they give him the job. just see what he can do next season and if he doesn't get them anywhere, bring in keane or someone else

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Excited to finally watch the playoffs begin. Nice to not need to stress for a couple days since TFC is off.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I wish them and their lowlife owner Andrew Precourt nothing but pain, misery and failure. May their stadium be reduced to rubble by a tornado before it ever opens while all of central Ohio enjoys a nice hardy laugh.
Harsh. f*** Precourt but everything worked out for Columbus.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Ruan with 10 minutes of madness puts Orlando in a hole but they are battling. Great scrap with NYCFC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad