MLS Thread: 2020 Edition

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Off to a rocking start ...Omar Gonzalez bringing the wrong kind of attention to MLS with his complaints about food. Football is the worlds game and there are many around this world that would kill to eat what they are eating in Florida...

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Off to a rocking start ...Omar Gonzalez bringing the wrong kind of attention to MLS with his complaints about food. Football is the worlds game and there are many around this world that would kill to eat what they are eating in Florida...
There was more info about that that came out last night. Basically those are the pre made meals that the players get during their 12 hour quarantine while waiting for their tests to come back. Once they’re cleared they get full team banquet privileges seems a lot better. Also players don’t have to pay the huge fees, it’s the team that pays for the food.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
FC Dallas’ first match has been postponed after their squad has been hit by multiple negative tests. Some teams haven’t even arrived in Orlando yet.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Florida does not inspire any confidence in me either. Didn't they have 7000+ cases on Thursday alone?

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Florida does not inspire any confidence in me either. Didn't they have 7000+ cases on Thursday alone?
It is a race to see which North American sport can pull this off. I choose hockey given they chose hubs in Canada. I am not certain the NBA, MLS, MLB or NFL can keep the train on the track. Nothing I have seen to this point in the US gives me confidence.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I was worried about the NWSL starting up too soon, but it appears them moving quickly has actually benefited them before this next batch hit. I'm not as worried about the NHL because it seems like they chose the best hub cities, but the NBA and MLS seems to have shot themselves in the foot.

Reactions: robertmac43

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I was worried about the NWSL starting up too soon, but it appears them moving quickly has actually benefited them before this next batch hit. I'm not as worried about the NHL because it seems like they chose the best hub cities, but the NBA and MLS seems to have shot themselves in the foot.
Because Florida

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It is a race to see which North American sport can pull this off. I choose hockey given they chose hubs in Canada. I am not certain the NBA, MLS, MLB or NFL can keep the train on the track. Nothing I have seen to this point in the US gives me confidence.
The NFL is a long shot. Too many people on roster to keep safe imo, an outbreak would be on the brink of happening at all times.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
can anyone with good knowledge of MLS do a top 10 best players.
Vela, Josef Martinez, Pity Martinez, Lodeiro, Ruidiaz, Pozuelo, Valeri, Nani, Pavon, Maxi Moralez. Left out players like Chicharito and Pizarro since they have only played 2 games. Probably missed a few too I just woke up but that’s a pretty good base. You also got players like Jordan Morris who broke out last season and I want to wait until I see this season and see if he can keep it up.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

Vela opts out. Bummer for MLS and LA Galaxy fans rejoice. Now we might not get embarrassed this tournament.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Something I was thinking about the other day and I'll pose it in here.

What would would your MLS team of the decade 2010-2020 be? I was have using the 4-3-3 formation while thinking about this. The front 3 can be and forward position (for example you can have 3 strikers).

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
if teams cant play in this tournament then it shouldnt be held. i dont know how the MLS created a scenario where half of a team has coronavirus when matches begin. clearly not enough isolation and protocols to prevent an outbreak through the league.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
if teams cant play in this tournament then it shouldnt be held. i dont know how the MLS created a scenario where half of a team has coronavirus when matches begin. clearly not enough isolation and protocols to prevent an outbreak through the league.
It’s Texas and Florida.

They are the worst states at making attempts to control the virus. It’s not a shock that it’s players from those teams.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
It’s Texas and Florida.

They are the worst states at making attempts to control the virus. It’s not a shock that it’s players from those teams.
i havent been following that much, but how could they not have had them all report for 2 weeks to self quarantine?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
yeah but the MLS should control everything if this tournament was going to happen. teams should have been in isolation together for weeks before this all started.
I have some bad news for you....

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
i havent been following that much, but how could they not have had them all report for 2 weeks to self quarantine?
They quarantine for I think it’s 24-48 hours after they arrive. They get tested immediately and then quarantine until tests come back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad